Geometry glitch with trousers.

+

CEAN0

Forum regular
Any one that can help me figure out why this is happening with these trousers, it happens without mods so that can't be the issue. I started to see this after patch 1.30 and 1.31, the screen shot is on a dead body "container" but i have also seen NPC's have this issue with the trousers.

pantsbug.png

Any one that can help me figure out why this is happening with these trousers, it happens without mods so that can't be the issue. I started to see this after patch 1.30 and 1.31, the screen shot is on a dead body "container" but i have also seen NPC's have this issue with the trousers.

View attachment 11260732
Happens a lot in my game only a lot worse, think to due to 2 cloth pieces conflicting with each other.
This particular combo just needs a little more trimming work.

Since there are no mods involved, should consider to pass it to Support so they can take care of it.

This happens on a lot of npcs (mainly corpo npcs).

1634942502448.png

1634945358828.png

1634943247905.png

This problem has been around for a long time (like near release).

NPC appearance (.app) randomisation has changed over many patches and I think its possible to see that in how there are more duplicate npcs in recent patches. Unfortunately, if one of your heavily duplicated npcs has one of these .apps, then you can start seeing them everywhere. I never saw Corpo guy 1 and 3 until patch 1.3 for example, and then I started seeing them everywhere around corpo plaza. However, I've spoken to multiple people on the modding discord who have screenshots of corpo guy 3 from way before 1.3.

You can use a mod like AMM to ban these npc .apps when you have your crosshair over them. This is a pretty convenient way of stopping these broken appearances from spawning. Alternatively, you can go around and note all of their appearance names and kill of their .apps together in one .archive mod.

As for why it happens? I'm not really sure. I have had bizaare protrusions if my rig is bad. i.e. I've pinned a vertex group to the wrong bone. Exploding vertices is something that many modders are familiar with if they edit a mesh and forget to import the vertex buffer. I've done this a lot so at first I thought it was a garment mesh I broke (it isn't though).

For copo guy 3, all of his garment meshes are fine. Those have been tested on the modding discord. His appearance file is citizen__rich_ma_rich_01.app. This is what he looks like:

1634945416534.png

My theory is the .app is pointing to a censored non player body mesh. entity is loading non-censored mesh. Vertex order is different. Exploding verts. Something like that?

For the weird protrusions that aren't exploding all over the place. I have no idea. Possibly modified the skeleton of a non player body mesh in an early patch and certain garments have the same bone from the prior skeleton with a different position/rotation?

Last edited:

CEAN0

Forum regular
OK thanks guys for all your help, glad and sad to see that it is not just me with this issue. Yes i have also been seeing way more duplicate NPC's then ever before, its like there is a twin conference in town sins they can come side by side to :D

To bad that you can't blacklist dead body "container" in AMM :(

Well hope they will fix this completely in the 2022 patch.

If you can find the .app for that npc (like you catch them walking around with spikes coming out of their feet), point your crosshair at them, open AMM and screenshot the .app name. I can make an appearance killer archive.

If its a container/corpse I don't know what will happen. It might just make the container invisible. Worth testing anyway.

CEAN0

Forum regular
OK, will do that.
If you can find the .app for that npc (like you catch them walking around with spikes coming out of their feet), point your crosshair at them, open AMM and screenshot the .app name. I can make an appearance killer archive.

If its a container/corpse I don't know what will happen. It might just make the container invisible. Worth testing anyway.
OK will do that as soon as i see that corps again.

EDIT:

Here is the names of 2 of the corpses that i have found so far that has this issue with the pants...

wa_generic_scavanger_03_corpse
wa_generic_scavanger_04_corpse

...it might be more of them to, but those is the one i found so far (those that isn't corpses i just add to my blacklist in AMM).

Last edited:
I once heard two theories on these:
one being - 'your video card is dying'
second - some extra bones added but not animated
:shrug:

Title edited for clarity.

Probably not the former! :) The type of graphical artifacting that happens when a GPU is about to give up the ghost is less particular than this sort of thing.

The second could be the case. If so, everyone encountering the trouser models will see the same type of corruption. If that seems to be the case, definitely report it to CDPR Tech Support.

Mods can also cause this, especially if you're using a clothing or model mod, and a patch or something alters the same assets the mods alter.

Performing a verify / repair on GOG / Steam / Epic / etc. will likely take care of it. It's a REDengine thing that happens. The same sort of thing happened in TW3 as well. 9 times out of 10, it's simply data corruption:

1635036675978.png
1635036568088.png

CEAN0

Forum regular
One: Then i should have problem with other games to, which i don't have and the video card is not that old.
Second: Possible due to other have the same issue, even worse than me.

o_O trippy. wonder if you could still go inside and how it all looked there

not sure if can post links, will just drop screen only.
similar clothing issue in unity engine:
pasted image 0.png

But the funniest are probably those entire limbs deciding to f off and live on their own
cscc.PNG

Speaking of, just noticed this beautiful thing while playing, which seem to give the vibe of the same-ish 'issue', if it was suppose to be a..poster, maybe?
photomode_24102021_124825.png

But honestly, I like this better.

Last edited:
This is not that uncommon in open world games. I think it happens more on the pc side due to there being just so many variables with PC's. FO3, FO:NV, FO4, pretty much all elder scroll titles since morrowind have this issue. For some it's rare for others it's extreme.

Strange things have indeed been going on with pants lately.

Pre 1.31, I could wear athletic shoes with straightcuts and everything would be okay. Now it seems that the tongues of the laced high tops clip straight through the pants legs of straightcuts. It is kinda annoying.

Yes and so many under torso is clipping with outer torso, and some undertorso sits plain over outer torso???????
(this is on player character)

Last edited:
Hm .. it is a glitch? But I looks funny: NPCs like: "Oh i will die but before you shoot me down let me put off my underwear so I cannot shit myself. You know... Style is everything."
:)

I have no idea what actually causes it. It seems like the vertices for the mesh data somehow gets inverted. Kind of like the results you might get translating XYZ coordinates when trying to turn a sphere inside-out:
1635264089563.png

Top Bottom