Geralt Gold card idea

+
Geralt Gold card idea

I think Geralt card is not portraying that he is the hero of the saga. As Ciri gold card, I would have Geralt card have a special "move". I'd put a counter on him an any X ammount of rounds I'd let him cast a sign (but turn silver after using the ability). Or just let him do this ones if too "unbalanced" (which I think the game is quite a bit already).
- Igni: would summon scorch
- Aard: would reduce the strenght of an enemy card
- Quen: would allow Geralt to stay on the battlefield at the end of each round
- Yrden: would put a trap (ambush) on opponent side
- Aaxi: would add 2 counters to any card with counter

And even if he is a golden card... I'd let him be able to take witcher potions, I mean... come on!

Honestly the 12 strength Geralt card is lackluster. You can get over 12 total value from most gold cards (though it's not consistent where as Geralt is )

I agree... he is supposed to be the main character of the series and his gold card does not reflect that... also, why is he not able to use witcher potions?

Geralt has 3 cards (Base, Igni, Aard) with his name as of now, more than any other character. Maybe more variants will emerge as well.
So he is the superhero of Gwent in many ways ;)

MarioCM;n7411200 said:
I agree... he is supposed to be the main character of the series and his gold card does not reflect that... also, why is he not able to use witcher potions?

Actually making him a straight power 12 gold with no powers makes it so that there is no deck he cannot fit into, he may not be the best there, but you can put him in any deck and he wont be in the way or out of synergy. In that sense I would say he is perfect, if a little boring, especially since you start with him.

I think they should drop the basic Geralt gold card down in strength but let him use witcher potions.

cheeto101;n7411730 said:
I think they should drop the basic Geralt gold card down in strength but let him use witcher potions.

MarioCM;n7411200 said:
why is he not able to use witcher potions?

He can use potions, but you can't target him cause he is a Golden card, and Golden cards are immune to that kind of buff. If you demote him, with a K. sergeant or D. shackles, you can buff him.

Monalba;n7412010 said:
He can use potions, but you can't target him cause he is a Golden card, and Golden cards are immune to that kind of buff. If you demote him, with a K. sergeant or D. shackles, you can buff him.

Yah thats the suggestion, make him targetable by witcher potions in gold form.

Top Bottom