GoG censoring & siding with SJWs?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I've long held CDPR as the last bastion of true gaming and integrity, so you could imagine my dismay when I saw they fired one of their team for a "transphobic tweet" (which is wasn't). This long-arm of censorship has taken over facebook, twitter, youtube, and many other outlets, including gaming.

I thought CDPR was better than this. Can we get an official reply on which side CDPR is on, freedom or censorship? Are they a last bastion of freedom in the gaming industry or do they push the politically correct social just warrior narrative as EA and Activision do?

Sincerely,
MystiKasT

Hey all,

I've long held CDPR as the last bastion of true gaming and integrity, so you could imagine my dismay when I saw they fired one of their team for a "transphobic tweet" (which is wasn't). This long-arm of censorship has taken over facebook, twitter, youtube, and many other outlets, including gaming.

I thought CDPR was better than this. Can we get an official reply on which side CDPR is on, freedom or censorship? Are they a last bastion of freedom in the gaming industry or do they push the politically correct social just warrior narrative as EA and Activision do?

Sincerely,
MystiKasT

Someone got fired over the tweet that basically said "are you assuming that persons gender"? Which was obviously a joke?

This gotta be a joke. Censorship or freedom?

First of all, it is not anyone's right to insult or assault others, or being knowing insensitive to a topic that dearly matters to many who are affected. It is indeed freedom of speech, however, it is never freedom of consequences because morals and ethics matter.

If that employee violated the company's rules or ethics of conduct, then the company rightfully shall fire the person. Nothing wrong there.

Move on.

Last edited:
This gotta be a joke. Censorship or freedom?

First of all, it is not anyone's right to insult or assault others, or being knowing insensitivity to a topic that dearly matters to many who are affected..

If it's the tweet that I was discussing then it's not an insult or assault on anyone. In regards to insensitivity someone out there is always going to be sensitive on something. Just because someone is offended doesn't mean you are wrong for saying it.

If it's the tweet that I was discussing then it's not an insult or assault on anyone. In regards to insensitivity someone out there is always going to be sensitive on something. Just because someone is offended doesn't mean you are wrong for saying it.
That doesn't make sense. If you are offended, then it's pretty much equivalent to being insulted. I don't know the whole story but I highly doubt the firing is what the op imagined as. I think there's a cumulative factor to it if it was really about tweets. There have been from both gog and cdpr, several ethically questionable, controversial tweets over the years.

That doesn't make sense. If you are offended, then it's pretty much equivalent to being insulted. I don't know the whole story but I highly doubt the firing is what the op imagined as. I think there's a cumulative factor to it if it was really about tweets. There have been from both gog and cdpr, several ethically questionable, controversial tweets over the years.

Someone can be offended by anything. That doesn't make what the other person said an insult.

Of course there could be a backstory or more information that can change one's opinion here but I have an issue if someone gets fired for making a joke. Nowadays it seems to be common that someone says something innocent and gets major backlash because a group of people choose to get offended. IMO that hurts society.

Someone can be offended by anything. That doesn't make what the other person said an insult.

Of course there could be a backstory or more information that can change one's opinion here but I have an issue if someone gets fired for making a joke. Nowadays it seems to be common that someone says something innocent and gets major backlash because a group of people choose to get offended. IMO that hurts society.
How do you get offended if not insulted? Yes, you can perceive something as not an insult while it is to others and that's where insensitivity weighs in.

As to your last paragraph, work your issues out and get over it.

This is very much politics and world-view stuff, therefore does not belong here. Also, multiple posts here are really rude.
Locking.

How do you get offended if not insulted?

You really haven't seen people get offended over something that wasn't an insult? People get offended just because their college lets someone of a different political affiliation than them speak at their campus. You haven't seen someone get offended over something that was clearly a joke? I can link you a lot of examples of this happening. The tweet from CDPR is an example. Comedians get in trouble for jokes regularly. This is common.

Someone feeling insulted does not make what the other person said an insult. Someone can say something that is clearly and objectively an insult, like "You are an idiot". That is a different thing than someone telling a joke and then someone feeling offended over it.

As to your last paragraph, work your issues out and get over it.

Telling me to get over something when you aren't even making a counter argument? You think it's ok if people get fired and internet mob attacked over a joke? You can have that opinion if you want but I'm certainly not going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom