Looking at the Endings... Spoilers

+
This post is not bemoaning the endings, but looking into the ending. At first the endings were not a concern, as I read expansions will be in the games future and it is just good story telling to leave the main character in peril so you would buy the expansion to see how the 'hero' or 'anti hero' saves her life. It seems as time goes by that the endings is going to be just that and no additions will be made. Could be wrong, but at this point it looks to be that way.

My foundation on the endings for me is based on Viks and Hellmans assessment of what is going on in V's head. Vik's angle is " I have no clue how but it is doing this" and Hellmans angle of "I know what it is doing" and both men come to the same conclusion, V's brain is being 'scooped out' At least the part that governs memory and personality to accommodate the chips host personality, which in essence is Neural network reorganization.

Alts DNA resequencing, is not a factor at all, it is a lie to trick V to go with her instead of Johnny. For a number of reasons, we are to believe a 80mm X 10mm x2 mm (there abouts) object can completely change DNA, is well, just asking to much, and it is not in the blueprints and documentation of said chip. If one is playing Valerie makes it even more unlikely due to Valerie, being a woman, she is missing something in her DNA, called the Y chromosome. Alt could just suggest, but does not, ditch the body both come with me. Also, The Relic is 2.0 but Johnny's engram is 1.0..... just a simple copy of his persona, nothing more. Other than the technical issues, you do have an AI with a directive of " do not want Johnny hurt, but need to get away from him." and "Johnny accidently killed me".

There is another issue that seems to be missed, that is not only V's brain takes massive damage, but the chip itself also has massive damage. Last read by Jackie the chip was at 86% integrity. Factor the time he takes it out, prays, then slots it is port, and later takes it out and places in V's port, I would place it at 78% to 74% integrity. Now ask yourself how well do chips run at 99%.... not well if at all. I can only surmise the biologic component (hence BioChip) of the chip is keeping it running and most likely barely.

Corpo Ending;

The Corpo ending, is for the most part a suicide ending with extra steps. V is back to step one, hence the fool card in Misty's reading, and quite frankly I do not think V lasts the 6 months with huge amount of brain damage, that may of been 'jury-rigged' to some extent by Arasaka. In some ways I get the feeling V does not survive planet fall, as Vik and Misty still think you are on the station after V left.
Keep in mind, V has proven she is a huge threat to Arasaka, on multiple occasions and there is no way a mega corp with its rep would allow such a threat to run around. Hanako is daddies girl, she is cold and calculating, with runner skills surpassed that of Alts (by 2077), and is not above killing anyone just like her father. Just ask the peeps that try to write her bio. Hanako would prefer to use V to her advantage, by having V become a construct, reprogram the engram to be very pro Arasaka without 'disturbing' V's skill set, then place into a body. The contract that V signs, I had to laugh, who would enforce it?? No one, not even the new Arasaka flag waving V..... not worth the paper it is printed on, as the saying goes. Death of body and rep.
Side note... did anyone else found it strange when V talks to Johnny (on the station) that Johnny talks in the 3rd person?? I feel it is V talking to herself, and that other self took on Johnny's form. Basically telling herself she screwed up.

Queen of the Afterlife;

A slightly better ending but not by much. Either you arrive to this ending via Johnny controlling the body and go after Araska with Rogue, or the 'not so secret' ending where V assaults Arasaka on her own. Poetic in some ways if V was corpo V....
I gather based mostly on Misty end credit reading that V pretty much ignores her health, and focuses on her rep. Based on Misty read, V becomes the most famous personality in the Afterlife. More so than anyone else, I would guess. "The whole world will hear about you" as Misty says. What is the moto of Afterlife legends, they are in the graveyard. Go out in a mind spectacular way. She may live longer than the Corpo ending, may be a year, 3 tops.... to much damage done to her with the whole chip thing.
Though this post is focus on V's survival this where I would place Johnny ending. He lives about that long doing the opposite, laying low and out of lime light and one day he does not wake up... the end.

Nomads;
As far as V's longevity goes this is the best ending. Starters, I think what is missed is that little bird that lands on Panams truck window. Its just a bird, but not so much in story telling. Did some cross research, and it is a Barn Swallow fairly common in North America, but it should not be there. How many birds did you see while playing Cyberpunk... none. In May of 2063 Night City purged all birds in the Avian Extermination Act (its on a shard in game). So that bird should not be there, but it is. Also, in storytelling the Swallow represents freedom, wide open sky, eternal happiness and good fortune. Basically, it is just like Jackie ordering 2 "Johnny Silverhand" drinks before the heist, and after the heist, V has a talking brain tumor just happens to have the same name. Simply put, it is foreshadowing.
You also have Panam, and the inner circle of Nomads like Mitch that will be hell bent on saving V's life. Not her rep, but her life... and we all know just how determine Panam is when she sets her mind on a task. Saving her 'true friend' (or romantically involve with Vincent, potential husband) will be a driving force. Maybe the Nomads have or acquire Biodyne favor to mod its new invention for MS, to repair V' brain, after all the brain is a muscle too.
Misty's end reading is different than Afterlife reading. Afterlife ending read is focus on rep, In the end Nomad credit read, Misty says V will have a good LIFE.... nothing about her rep, ....her life is going to be good. With the foreshadowing of the swallow, I do believe a long life, baring sickness or injury. Who knows, maybe V will have a family of her own....

That is pretty much it. it is just my assessment of the endings. How it is in actuality, I do not know, only CDPR knows for sure what the endings are really.

Alts DNA resequencing, is not a factor at all, it is a lie to trick V to go with her instead of Johnny. For a number of reasons, we are to believe a 80mm X 10mm x2 mm (there abouts) object can completely change DNA, is well, just asking to much, and it is not in the blueprints and documentation of said chip.
hum... As far as I remember, 80% of the datas on the chip (provided by Hellman) are not available (readable).
Alts DNA resequencing, is not a factor at all, it is a lie to trick V to go with her instead of Johnny.
Alt don't care if it's V or Johnny... Her main goal is to destroy Mikoshi and get all the engram stored in.
She simply keep her word in a way, she help V to survive (even if it's 6 months).
The Relic is 2.0 but Johnny's engram is 1.0..... just a simple copy of his persona, nothing more.
Relic have versions (public one : 1.0 / "Secret/Saburo's one : 2.0)
Engrams don't have any version... and always are copies since ever ("Save Your Soul" simply copy, SoulKiller copy and kill).
There is another issue that seems to be missed, that is not only V's brain takes massive damage, but the chip itself also has massive damage. Last read by Jackie the chip was at 86% integrity.
It's the container which have an integrity value (if it reach 0%, the chip would be damaged or unusable).
The damages on the Relic (and the fact that the Relic start working in unexpected way) are due to the bullet fired by Dex in V's head...

I stop there, because I don't want to coment on each sentences ;)

Edit : Antother little one :)
Did some cross research, and it is a Barn Swallow fairly common in North America, but it should not be there.
> Ciri - The Witcher 3 (easter egg)
The swallow can also be found during the Parade (Play It Safe).
Edit 2 : It's a Barn swallow, which is a migratory bird.
In Europe, when they arrive, it mean that the spring is here :)
So it could be interpreted as a symbol of renewal (after a dark and cold winter, the sun is finally back). Or simply the beginning of a long trip and that V is about to leave everything behind.

Last edited:
Interesting details in numbers.
I play Corpo V, I have real personal issues even talking about Suicide version. So I’m sorta the person that tries even if all fails , to make the right decision to choose Star ending.
Guess what I’m saying is, it’s never to late to change a life around as oppose to the easy way out. Sorry I went off topic, Truly.

hum... As far as I remember, 80% of the datas on the chip (provided by Hellman) are not available (readable).
Maybe but the 'Read me' file is all there.

Alt don't care if it's V or Johnny... Her main goal is to destroy Mikoshi and get all the engram stored in.
She simply keep her word in a way, she help V to survive (even if it's 6 months).
Actually she does.... one can have more then one motivation. Yes she wants to destroy Mikoshi, but very driven to have V go instead of Johnny, or even both. V even calls it out on the first meeting..... ".... I get it you hate Johnny's guts."

Relic have versions (public one : 1.0 / "Secret/Saburo's one : 2.0)
Engrams don't have any version... and always are copies since ever ("Save Your Soul" simply copy, SoulKiller copy and kill).
Just wrong.... as tech advances so does the software. In this case the 'software' is the Neural Network. There would be 'improvements' made in the 54 year span. Remember Johnny's engram was meant only for interrogation purposes , Saburo was pretty clear on that, and I do not think he is a man that just says things to hear his own voice. 2.0 was used on a number of other people, check out the laptop where the 2nd Sniper during the parade. It is located in messages

It's the container which have an integrity value (if it reach 0%, the chip would be damaged or unusable).
The damages on the Relic (and the fact that the Relic start working in unexpected way) are due to the bullet fired by Dex in V's head...
Uhmm.... I will let Jackie correct you on this one...
Jackie: "Container Depressurized. BIOCHIP integrity at 94 percent." ".... and dropping"
The Chip drops to 86% before it is taking out. I was being optimistic with the 74-78%. It is NOT the container, it is destroyed right away.

> Ciri - The Witcher 3 (easter egg)
So you say..... I kept it in the context of the story. Never played any of the Witcher games.... I based my conclusions on a bit of Literary research.
The swallow can also be found during the Parade (Play It Safe).
Real or holographic like the 'flying carp' and the dragon...
Edit 2 : It's a Barn swallow, which is a migratory bird.
Ya this point was a conflict in the story, when I read the Avian Extermination Act.... not just the swallow, there are other migratory birds, so I had to suspend logic and went with the narrative.
In Europe, when they arrive, it mean that the spring is here :)
So it could be interpreted as a symbol of renewal (after a dark and cold winter, the sun is finally back). Or simply the beginning of a long trip and that V is about to leave everything behind.
Same in Canada....
V does just that, when she leaves with the Nomads..... One can do that now, without the dying part....

Maybe but the 'Read me' file is all there.
This is how much you can read and access. So 20% at max... The other 80% are unavailable/unreadable.
RELIC 2.0 Prototype Specifications
TOP SECRET

Clearance Level: P0
Declassification Date: N/A
Project Code: M-AH-76/-38272/SA
Project Supervisor: Anders Hellman
Approved By: Saburo Arasaka
Project Name: RELIC 2.0
Base Algorithm: "Soulkiller" v.2.311.8-B, RELIC 1.0 "Secure Your Soul"

Preliminary Review

Project Summary
Unlike RELIC 1.0, the latest version of the biochip prototype is not only designed to store a digitized engram for basic communication, but also an enhanced personality construct capable of independent function and re-implantation into a new, organic host-body.
RELIC 2.0's improved personality construct preserves the vast majority of the primary subject's cognitive and (virtualized) motor functions. Preliminary testing shows emotional output at 75% conformity levels (Note: We are only concerned with the construct's matrix coherence, not with its perceived authenticity), while volition fluctuates at 80-90% conformity.
The success of the improved engram is largely owed to the use of experimental polyglycol structures as well as new synthetic granule neuron replicators within pseudomatrices (see Section 8764-03)
A precondition of activating the RELIC 2.0 is the ceasing of the host's vital functions (brain death, cardiac arrest). Only complete and irreversible shutdown of neural activity can allow the engram to root itself and take over the body (i.e. reboot). Clinical trials using subjects on the verge of biological death have proven unsuccessful in activating the RELIC 2.0's basic functionality.
In cases where subjects underwent biological death, upon taking root the biochip showed promising signs of initial activity prior to lapsing. Identifying the causes of failure despite fulfilling all technical requirements is the first step to achieving a breakthrough (i.e. complete activation of the RELIC 2.0's construct in a suitably prepared, organic host-body).
____________​
Just wrong.... as tech advances so does the software. In this case the 'software' is the Neural Network. There would be 'improvements' made in the 54 year span. Remember Johnny's engram was meant only for interrogation purposes , Saburo was pretty clear on that, and I do not think he is a man that just says things to hear his own voice. 2.0 was used on a number of other people, check out the laptop where the 2nd Sniper during the parade. It is located in messages
So if I follow your reasoning :
  • 2013 : Alt managed to create a program (Soulkiller, an AI) which make a perfect copy of memories and consciousness of somebody > engram 1.0...?
  • 2023 : Saburo/Arasaka managed to improve the Soulkiller to create a copy even more perfect > engram 2.0...?
  • 2077 : Saburo/Arasaka improve even more the Soulkiller to create an even, even, even more perfect copy > engram 3.0...?
So either is was not perfect at in 2013 and 2023, either there are different level of "perfection" . Yeah, the "support/hardware/software" evolved, but a perfect copy remain a perfect copy...
Uhmm.... I will let Jackie correct you on this one...
Jackie: "Container Depressurized. BIOCHIP integrity at 94 percent." ".... and dropping"
The Chip drops to 86% before it is taking out. I was being optimistic with the 74-78%. It is NOT the container, it is destroyed right away.
The Relic was perfectly fonctional when it was inserted in Jackie head, then later in V head. But due to the Dex's bullet, instead of simply installing Johnny engram in V's body (like planed by Hellman and Arasaka during their tests), the Relic due to its malfunction start to work in unexpected way... Meaning it "resurected" V, and then started to overwrite V consciousness and memories by Johnny's one.
And after the bullet, the Relic take no more damages.
So you say..... I kept it in the context of the story. Never played any of the Witcher games.... I based my conclusions on a bit of Literary research.
Corpo lifrepath, first Ciri easter egg.
Ciri_1.jpg

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon
Alias(es)
  • Ciri
  • Lion Cub of Cintra
  • Falka
  • Zireael*
  • Swallow
  • Ashen one
  • Ugly one
  • Lady of Space and Time
  • Ciri of Vengerberg
*Zireael, meaning "Swallow" in Common Speech (it's also a sword given by Geralt to Ciri).

A detail : Avian Extermination Act only concern birds in a specific area (Night City and about 18 miles out of the city limits). So a swallow which travel very long distance can be spare and can reach Night City "alive" :)

Last edited:
This is how much you can read and access. So 20% at max... The other 80% are unavailable/unreadable.
Now have you read it??
Johnnys Engram is :
RELIC 1.0, the latest version of the biochip prototype is not only designed to store a digitized engram for basic communication, but also an enhanced personality construct capable of independent function and re-implantation into a new, organic host-body.
What is in V's head:
RELIC 2.0's improved personality construct preserves the vast majority of the primary subject's cognitive and (virtualized) motor functions. Preliminary testing shows emotional output at 75% conformity levels (Note: We are only concerned with the construct's matrix coherence, not with its perceived authenticity), while volition fluctuates at 80-90% conformity.

And this is how the BioChip does its 'magic' (No DNA resequencing)
The success of the improved engram is largely owed to the use of experimental polyglycol structures as well as new synthetic granule neuron replicators within pseudomatrices (see Section 8764-03)

The Relic was perfectly fonctional when it was inserted in Jackie head, then later in V head. But due to the Dex's bullet, instead of simply installing Johnny engram in V's body (like planed by Hellman and Arasaka during their tests), the Relic due to its malfunction start to work in unexpected way... Meaning it "resurected" V, and then started to overwrite V consciousness and memories by Johnny's one.
And after the bullet, the Relic take no more damage
So let me say it this way, when Jackie read out 96% integrity, the chip is missing 4% of its 'hit points' (gaming terms). Before he pulls it out of the case it was at 86% meaning it is missing 14% of its 'hit points' . What I am saying is that it would continue take damage when Jackie has it in his hands, prays then slot its. Once slotted,it is not taking any damage. When Jackie takes the chip out and places it in V head there is a small time it is exposed and will once again takes damage. Once in V's head it stops taking damage. Now for sake of the story the Biologic component of the chip (hence BIOchip) is the reason the chip still works as far as I can tell. Any other type of chip just would not work with such a large amount of damage.
The chip still in trial phase, and Hellman stating what is happening in V a "breakthrough" means it has no standard on how it is suppose to work, only a theory, and theories can change. It is also why he wants V so he can collect the data on what the biochip is doing to V. But even he is so focus on what it is doing he does not even consider the damage the chip has received. Placide saw it was broken, Brigette also knew, it could be from Dex or most likely not, or both events contribute the damage of the chip. So saying its perfectly functional is a bit of a stretch.
Come to think of it, where Dex points the pistol to V's head, the bullet would not even come close to the nape of V's neck..... just food for thought.

Now have you read it??
Yep I read and :
The Relic (the chip), in version 1.0 (the public one, use in "Save Your Soul" program) and in version 2.0 (a prototype supervised by Saburo himself for his personal use) have nothing to do with the engrams themself (Relic and engrams are two very different things)
To take a simple example, you put a music file (mp3) on a "old" HDD. Then, later you aquire a brand new SSD and put the "same" music file on it. The music file itself have been improved ? no... the support/hardware yes :)

So :
Relic 1.0 > just allow you to comunicate with the construst on it when you plug it.
Relic 2.0 > Intended to install the contrust on the body when there is no longer neural activity (in cerebral death state).
The contrust is not improved nor upgraded between both version, the chip/Relic is.

PS : "Save Your Soul" is a (very) recent Arasaka's program, before that, SoulKiller was always lethal and engrams always and only stored in Mikoshi. It take almost 50 years to Arasaka to make Soulkiller non-lethal and devellopping the Relic 1.0. So Soulkiller have been improved since Alt, but "mainly" to have a non-lethal version and make engrams from already dead poeple possible (like Jackie one).
Engrams
Since 2013, Arasaka studied and improved Soulkiller, targeting more people with it; with a special interest in netrunners. These digital engrams were stored inside the Arasaka subnets, which risked the effects of becoming rogue AIs. In time, in order to secure the engrams and control them, the corporation created Mikoshi, an area of the Net in where they stored all the digital copies of Soulkiller's victims. By 2077, Arakasa's flagship project - Secure Your Soul - was near completion, allowing people to sign into the project and keep their original minds persevered by making a copy of their neural engrams.
Post automatically merged:

Alts DNA resequencing, is not a factor at all, it is a lie to trick V to go with her instead of Johnny.
Just to add a detail about it's not a lie from Alt :)

If you played the Devil ending, even Arasaka experts were unable to fix V's body due to DNA reconfiguration. So V will die after about 6 months too (and Arasaka really don't care about V, because V can return on earth freely if he/she want).
A "DNA's link" with engram is something that Arasaka didn't even considered and they discovered it only thanks to V. Because of that, Saburo return from the deads, only thanks to his son's body.

Last edited:
ep I read and :
The Relic (the chip), in version 1.0 (the public one, use in "Save Your Soul" program) and in version 2.0 (a prototype supervised by Saburo himself for his personal use) have nothing to do with the engrams themself (Relic and engrams are two very different things)
To take a simple example, you put a music file (mp3) on a "old" HDD. Then, later you aquire a brand new SSD and put the "same" music file on it. The music file itself have been improved ? no... the support/hardware yes :)

So :
Relic 1.0 > just allow you to comunicate with the construst on it when you plug it.
Relic 2.0 > Intended to install the contrust on the body when there is no longer neural activity (in cerebral death state).
The contrust is not improved nor upgraded between both version, the chip/Relic is.
Actually you have not.. and once again are dead wrong... here I will copy and paste once again.....

If you played the Devil ending, even Arasaka experts were unable to fix V's body due to DNA reconfiguration. So V will die after about 6 months too (and Arasaka really don't care about V, because V can return on earth freely if he/she want).
A "DNA's link" with engram is something that Arasaka didn't even considered and they discovered it only thanks to V. Because of that, Saburo return from the deads, only thanks to his son's body.
I was aware of the ending, it is interesting you think Arasaka is the high moral of honesty and fair play to even assume this. It is not all they said to her and it is interesting you left it out. That of the drugs in V's body, also suppose to hamper the transfer. In fact on that laptop way back during the Parade, in the 2nd snipers room, it shows some of the 'customers' for 'Secure Your Soul' were delayed due to lets say 'chemical offensive' stuff in their bodies. So, why did they rush V to make an engram/construct of her (if she agrees) when said drugs were problem for a transfer??? They lied, ... surprise, it is just a coincident they used the same one as Alt did. To make it believable they said what they needed thus the whole Saburo taking his sons body thing.
If Goro is alive it makes the lie even more effective, for what better way to have a honest person unknowing tell that lie without knowing it is a lie.
As for V lasting 6 months in that ending.... possible, I will give you that, but why does Vik and Misty think she is still on the station after V left??

Other than what is already mention on the original post, and how the chip works. Here is a couple additional things to think about.
Ask yourself; is V looking like Johnny physically?? No.... because how you look is also govern by DNA
The moment one cell gets change the bodies defenses would be on that in seconds to destroy it.
Thus no DNA alteration......
To take a simple example, you put a music file (mp3) on a "old" HDD. Then, later you aquire a brand new SSD and put the "same" music file on it. The music file itself have been improved ? no... the support/hardware yes
I see your point but it is on a false premise. You are more telling me that PC Game, Duke Nukem from the mid 1990's is the same as Cyberpunk 2077 because they are PC games. Yes both are PC games, and yes both have 1's and 0's, but Cyberpunk 2077 is by far more sophisticated program

On a side note, bantering with you has me come to another conclusion..... this Relic, seems to me very ghoulish...

RELIC 2.0's improved personality construct preserves the vast majority of the primary subject's cognitive and (virtualized) motor functions.
Honestly, I give up and let you with your affirmations (speculations...)
Cheers :beer:
PS : If you want to read, there are 1K+ pages of endings discussions here ;)

Edit : Anyway, I think that your start with a "wrong" idea... That V is important to them, or at least, enough so that they do everything to have him as an engram.
In both cases, Alt and Arasaka already have access to the most powerful and richest poeple in the world (like for example, Rosalind Myers, ex Militech CEO and current president of NUSA). So V, an unknown and little merc with no "secret", nor power, nor anything really "interesting", was/is/will still absolutely noone for them, they don't have any reason to want V as engram...

Last edited:
Edit : Anyway, I think that your start with a "wrong" idea... That V is important to them, or at least, enough so that they do everything to have him as an engram.
In both cases, Alt and Arasaka already have access to the most powerful and richest poeple in the world (like for example, Rosalind Myers, ex Militech CEO and current president of NUSA). So V, an unknown and little merc with no "secret", nor power, nor anything really "interesting", was/is/will still absolutely noone for them, they don't have any reason to want V as engram...
Arasaka core company philosophy. Its Loyalty!
Maybe V is unimportant, but they have a deal with V. Big old Arasaka and Daughter would loose there honor if they break the deal and for the big old arasaka, honor is the most imporant thing after his family. You help them, you get your loyalty bonus.

Maybe V is unimportant, but they have a deal with V. Big old Arasaka and Daughter would loose there honor if they break the deal and for the big old arasaka, honor is the most imporant thing after his family. You help them, you get your loyalty bonus.
Interesting point, I would assume Hanako would be honour bound, but Saburo, not so much. He does thank V, and he does say she will be awarded appropriately, (short version here). The term "awarded appropriately" is an extremely loaded statement.

Hum, I never say the opposite :)
Saburo/Hanako/Arasaka kept their words, they tried to save V's life and as they were unable to do it immediately, they offered a "free" place in Mikoshi for waiting (Which is, according to Goro, an immense honor and reward). So V by accepting the contract, will be the first "gonk/unknow" to be "stored" in Mikoshi (Save Your Soul program) for free while waiting a suitable body, if we except all the Soulkiller victims (but they are prisoners, not really the same story).

But it doesn't change the fact that V is and remain "no one" for them. Like explained by Goro > "Forget the Arasaka's, you do no longer exist for them... They already forgot you".

And yeah, it's very "honorable" from Saburo to want to blow up Night City with a nuke (innocents/womans/kids included) to not let the relic fall into westerners/barbarians hands :cool:

Last edited:
Hum, I never say the opposite :)
Saburo/Hanako/Arasaka kept their words, they tried to save V's life and as they were unable to do it immediately, they offered a "free" place in Mikoshi for waiting (Which is, according to Goro, an immense honor and reward). So V by accepting the contract, will be the first "gonk/unknow" to be "stored" in Mikoshi (Save Your Soul program) for free while waiting a suitable body, if we except all the Soulkiller victims (but they are prisoners, not really the same story).

But it doesn't change the fact that V is and remain "no one" for them. Like explained by Goro > "Forget the Arasaka's, you do no longer exist for them... They already forgot you".

And yeah, it's very "honorable" from Saburo to want to blow up Night City with a nuke (innocents/womans/kids included) to not let the relic fall into westerners/barbarians hands :cool:
Well said ;-) while Arasaka sits on a high pedestal, In my ending, V calls for help…As you can see, It was a big drill inside those egocentric Saka scum.
Who did, what happened? It’s who??? What the? It was V? The girl who’s boss sent her to do the dirty work?! V: Yeah, ya know what they say. I might a odd humor. But YOU? You have a sick sense of honor! Yeah, Takamuro died, I needed to save my rear which Judy likes.
Oh, and Oda died by Shock Reset, shock reset again, he fell and the final end was the shock gun Judy gave me, died, merciful I say. & for fun I threw a knife at him.
All my best to Arasaka,
V, the girl you fired. Isn’t payback Beautiful? ☮️

The most "ironic" in the Devil ending is the call from Hanako in the end credits if V choose to return on earth...
"I don't know how you plan to live your last 6 months, but it would be a shame to waste your remaining time and your potential. You should work for us, we would pay you very well !"
Like if money was the important thing to V at this point... So yeah, V was/is/will always be just a "tool" that they use :D

The Sun ending is my canon. Not because of the glory, but because my V gets to spend time with his rockerboi before he goes off to rob a space casino for a cure. That's the only reason he agrees to do it. Hopefully, the expansion is going to address this ending.

The most "ironic" in the Devil ending is the call from Hanako in the end credits if V choose to return on earth...
"I don't know how you plan to live your last 6 months, but it would be a shame to waste your remaining time and your potential. You should work for us, we would pay you very well !"
Like if money was the important thing to V at this point... So yeah, V was/is/will always be just a "tool" that they use
This call Hanako makes, as you pointed out, confused me, and in honestly still does. Hanako message suggests V is planet side, while Viks and Misty's call suggest V has not made planet fall, as those two think V is still on the station.
Maybe, assuming V makes planet fall, she is to ashamed to contact her old friends... . She does have to start all over again, with no Johnny, and as Rogue says even before the ending, no one wants to work with V. In all honestly I just pulled that out of thin air, no facts to back it up....

But this whole DNA thing didn't seem to matter for Johnny's chip right? His relic had no problem with the copying and if V hadn't done something J would have eventually completely overriden their personality. So am I missing something here? Was there something special about V's (pre-Johnny) body?

But this whole DNA thing didn't seem to matter for Johnny's chip right? His relic had no problem with the copying and if V hadn't done something J would have eventually completely overriden their personality. So am I missing something here? Was there something special about V's (pre-Johnny) body?
Nope nothing "special", only the Relic "malfunction"... This "malfunction" made nanites start to altering V's body DNA to adapt it to Johnny. Something that even Arasaka was unable to reproduce... That's why Saburo used his son body (Yorinobu) and why they were unable to provide a suitable body to V too.

Nope nothing "special", only the Relic "malfunction"... This "malfunction" made nanites start to altering V's body DNA to adapt it to Johnny. Something that even Arasaka was unable to reproduce... That's why Saburo used his son body (Yorinobu) and why they were unable to provide a suitable body to V too.

In all truthfulness the DNA thing was lazy story telling. I was trying to make it fit.... anyways the biochip scoops out the cerebral cortex that governs personality and memory and then rebuilds it with biological neutral substance, to what is on the chip. That is based on Viktor, Hellman and the chips info.

Johnny construct/engram is 1.0, as he was made into this before the improvement was invented.

What makes the chip work:
" experimental polyglycol structures" Websters Dictionary describes it: a polyethylene glycol or related compound of the ether-glycol type containing several ether linkages that yields one or more glycols on hydrolysis of these linkages.

"synthetic granule neuron replicators" artificial version of Granule Neuron . A Granule Neuron: Granule neurons are the most abundant type of neurons in the brain. In addition to the sheer volume of granule neurons, the homogeneity of the population and the fact that they can be transfected with ease render them ideal for elucidating the molecular basis of neuronal development.
The Nanites are the 'Replicators' if anything

As you can see the chip does not do anything with DNA, it is all Bio chemistry only. In making this post I came across some work to cure Parkinson's and I can promise you there is no DNA rewriting.

Top Bottom