Hand size limit suggestion

+
I had an idea to remove hand size limit and give the player going second a 1 point token at game start that banishes itself once the opponent going first plays or sets a card.

So, completely trash the coin flip solution added in HC by removing the hand limit and giving the player going second an additional advantage? :unsure:
Cannot say I like this idea.

The hand limit was introduced for a reason. It may not have been the best way to deal with the situation, but removing it will still make things worse. More importantly, going second is already an advantage, unlike with traditional CCG. Anyhow, you haven't given any context why you made these suggestion. So, it's difficult to discuss things further.

Well a lot of players are complaining about it and devs have said they are looking at it. I thought it was simply implemented to prevent dry passing from player going first

Hand limit imo isn't good because it strips the effectiveness ouy of dry passing which was a great mechanic. Now dry passing only happrns when your hand isnt good enough to win round 2 and you'd rather not waste a card on a round you intend to throw anyhow.

Drypassing was never "good". Effectiv, yes, butu not good for the game if you only play 2 out of 3 rounds, which should be all played.
That said, i dont get the idea for giving 2. Player a bonus. Neither with nor without handlimitation. The Second had already an advantage in the beta ( = no handlimitation) where it was considered an auto-loss if you got first. So now, you will give him something extra? Why?
I think you can extinct the tactical advantage for 1. PLayer, IF handlimitation stay inside the game, but if you want to do it the other way around, you have to strengthen 1. Player even more.

Drypassing was never "good". Effectiv, yes, butu not good for the game if you only play 2 out of 3 rounds, which should be all played.
That said, i dont get the idea for giving 2. Player a bonus. Neither with nor without handlimitation. The Second had already an advantage in the beta ( = no handlimitation) where it was considered an auto-loss if you got first. So now, you will give him something extra? Why?
I think you can extinct the tactical advantage for 1. PLayer, IF handlimitation stay inside the game, but if you want to do it the other way around, you have to strengthen 1. Player even more.

I already see dry passing in my games a good 60 to 75% of the time anyhow, just to save up mulligans and replenish card combos.

So really, nothing changed except for stripping away being mindful of your resources.

Also enables that dumb Emhyr+Kingslayer+Isbel mill/ +3 combo after the opponent passes.

Im just thinking of hand size limit solution it does not give player going second any advantage it just forces the player going first to play a card without a hand size limit. Cdproject could also just disable pass button for first turn of the game

Huh? You have to be mindfull too, just dont pass to early. The advantage for dry-passing to replenish only occurs, if you pass to early in R1.

Not even close to true, dry passing happens when you have 7 or under cards and either produce a big 20+ point swing or can't answer a 20+ point swing without giving your opponent massive card advantage.

Not even close to true, dry passing happens when you have 7 or under cards and either produce a big 20+ point swing or can't answer a 20+ point swing without giving your opponent massive card advantage.
I cant follow there. Either you already have played a card, so you cant drypass by definition.
If you have a big finisher, why should you drypass in this round?
If you dont have a big finisher but expect one, you have to pull it out of your opponent. Otherwise, he will still have it and will crush you in round 3.
Sure you can drypass in 2. round with <7 cards, just to draw cards and hope you strentghen your hand. This means your opponent may have passed to early in R1 or just lost it, so you get the advantage of "free" cards.

I cant follow there. Either you already have played a card, so you cant drypass by definition.
If you have a big finisher, why should you drypass in this round?
If you dont have a big finisher but expect one, you have to pull it out of your opponent. Otherwise, he will still have it and will crush you in round 3.
Sure you can drypass in 2. round with <7 cards, just to draw cards and hope you strentghen your hand. This means your opponent may have passed to early in R1 or just lost it, so you get the advantage of "free" cards.

In most of my games across 3 accounts (yes, I abused the milling starter decks+leaders in beta to get the "full refund" of a good 16k scraps with next to zero games played in Homecoming).'

I've seen the exact opposite happen consistently, players will, for example, play 2 cards and then for their 3rd drop witcher trio for a play the opponent has to use 2-3 cards additional to get over.

This matters in relation to deploy finishers being overpowered because if you pull this play off then thr opponent will never, ever get a chance to respond to a big finisher.

Monster faction just happens to have some of the best on deploy finishersthat generate big 1 card point swings but the same could be said for any on deploy finisher such as Yrden and friends.

Worst part is I don't know how to fix this issue. You'd have to nerf a loooot of cards from every faction eho have powerful on deploy abilities and a few odd ones like Rot Tosser who have what's essentially a delayed deploy ability of destroy 1 of your opponent's units.

Guest 4322057

Hand Limit is bad, but don’t remove the extra 5-points.

Hand limit is bad because it rewards poor play. Just like if your opponent plays stupid and doesn’t combo his cards well or whatever, if he’s down by like 10-15 points at 7 cards remaining, he can just play 3 extra cards and go down -3, and be perfectly fine in round 3 because he’s playing terribly. The hand limit is awful for other reasons too, like being unable to use draw>discard like Birna Bran for the first two turns.

Top Bottom