HERE is A Fix! for some problems! please try this!

+
HERE is A Fix! for some problems! please try this!

so i identified the problem, that's probably causing allot of problems, crash to desktops lags and sound shuttering, and such..

everybody that have those problems try this:

1) run the game and load a save, and minimize it.
2) ctrl+alt+delete for task manager,
3) click on process tab.
4) look for the witcher 3 process and right click it.
5) click on "set affinity" and you will see how many cores your Cpu uses.
6) uncheck all of them expect from one (doesn't matter which one).
7) press ok and return to the game.

NOW check if that fixed your problem. and please NOTE the game will run very slow, this is not an official fix, its a way to check if that is what causing your problem, if checking the game this way fixed your "old" problem for you, then your on the same boat as me, because its a problem that Developers need to fix
understand this is a CPU (processor) problem, with "mulit-Core" usage bug or bad optimization, its either caused by the new nividia driver, or by the game it self. which needs to be fixed.

there is a workaround for it might just fix it for you:
do the same steps as above
but instead in step 5 click on "set priority" and choose HiGH. this might improve or fix your problem.

if that did not help,,
remove completely your new nividia driver and install an older version of it. (do a clean install).

hope it helped i got some more workarounds i will try to post them later

oh and please replay if this fixed your problem so cd projekt will take notice of that.

---------- Updated at 02:39 PM ----------

can some one replay after he checked?

Last edited:
You should try to disable core parking on Windows if you own an Intel CPU with hyperthreading. Unfortunately you have to use an extra tool or edit the registry for this, but this fixes lots of problems with recent games.

You should try to disable core parking on Windows if you own an Intel CPU with hyperthreading. Unfortunately you have to use an extra tool or edit the registry for this, but this fixes lots of problems with recent games.

care to explain how to do it?

I did what you asked to do, and i could play a bit longer, but still the game crashed to the desktop.
What i did notice that when all the 4 cores where running the CPU useage was aroud 60%, when, the RAM was like 3/4gb i set it to use only one it droped to 20%, ofcourse the RAM usage went up to 6gb. From my point of view it looks like you are right and the game has a problem with "multi-Core" CPU's.

care to explain how to do it?
Sorry, I don't want to post links or promote any tool. The negative effect of core parking on a hyperthreading cpu can be dramatic when a game engine is designed to use 4 cores. If Windows detects a CPU load of less than 75% it parks the first complete core on a hyperthreading cpu so that only 3 real cores and 3 hyperthreading cores are left. The task that has run on the real core before is now run on one of the remaining hyperthreading cores which is about 6 times slower. This can lead to stuttering, audio dropping out, but mostly just inconsistent frame rates.
I hope this motivates some people to google for disable core parking.

If you have a hyperthreading CPU I expect you to see a noticeable difference regarding stability of the frame rate. You should also make sure you have High Performance power plan selected in your energy settings.

If you have a hyperthreading CPU I expect you to see a noticeable difference regarding stability of the frame rate. You should also make sure you have High Performance power plan selected in your energy settings.

tried it both high performance and did the disable parking thing, did not help...

Any of you know anything particular about 8350s in this situation?

When I would look at the map in Velen and then exit back to the gameworld the whole game would drop to a stuttering crawl of a mess and would not recover. Found this topic and set the CPU affinity to the first core and it dealt with the problem however the game was very slow. Realized that it was probably not ideal to use the first core for the game as it would probably also be running the OS and other major programs. So I have 4 of my other cores running the game right now. That would be 2 full Bulldozer modules. Seems to work fine for now but game is not as fast as when I run with all 8 cores as I could earlier with no major problems.

Top Bottom