Hit indicators and impact sound effects

+
Hit indicators and impact sound effects

I am a big giant fan of hit indicators and impact sound effects. It is very important for me to get my fix and to have a hit indicator much like we see in Black ops or Battlefield 3, this is paramount. Also it is so very important to have over exaggerated impact sounds when your projectiles hit a pc target.

This is all for enhancing gameplay, after all this is a game and should be treated as such.

To tell you the truth, I have not been completely satisfied with impact sound effects since...holy shit...Goldeneye on N64. That game was so addictive! The impact sounds when you hit would be like "spat, spat, spat." You knew without a doubt that you were chomping up the baddies in that game.

Maybe it is because I grew up watching Commando mow down hundreds of goons with a M60...which by the way, had great impact sounds.

Hit indicators and over exaggerated impact sound effects are great for gameplay, the hit indicator is more for mp though and not entirely essential
for sp but on the other hand the impact sound effects are paramount for both mp and sp.

I'm so disappointing that most developers fail to realize these key elements for great gameplay. Please RED, please give us great impact sounds, this adds more immersion and gameplay fun. It is much more satisfying when you KNOW your on target.

Hit indication is important as is sound design in general, especially in shooters. CDPR didn't exactly hit this out of the ballpark in TW2. It wasn't bad, but it was lacking in some areas. BF3 has excellent sound design all around, and my favorite shooter, Hard Reset does as well. Just listing games that do this well isn't a bad idea.

um.... what....

Sorry, not meaning to thread crap, but this is about as minute a detail as one can worry about, especially for a game that we know little to nothing about...

If this game has the ability to go into first person then hit indicators are important to me, also it could be used as a hud upgrade or enhancement.

And great impact sound effects are always good.

Hit indication is important as is sound design in general, especially in shooters. CDPR didn't exactly hit this out of the ballpark in TW2. It wasn't bad, but it was lacking in some areas. BF3 has excellent sound design all around, and my favorite shooter, Hard Reset does as well. Just listing games that do this well isn't a bad idea.

good example for sound effects

Top Bottom