Homecoming Leaders should be playable on board

+

Guest 4322057

With Homecoming, Leaders are no longer able to be played, being balanced only by their mulligan count. With talk of Leaders likely getting a provision cost, I think adding the element of points on them as another balancing feature is something that should at least be talked about.

I think that the avatar is awesome and should stay, but just as you select them, you get to play their card on the field. Obviously cards like Eredin and Harald would just have deploy abilities, but changes would have to be considered for cards that simply have damage-over-time abilities (Crach) and Leaders with charges (Brouver & Eithne) may need some tuning.

I think that being playable cards (while still keeping their abilities) could help in balancing in other ways than provision costs, otherwise certain Leaders will make it harder to build decks around if their provision cost is higher. Lastly, being playable would create some synergy with tags like Dwarf with Brouver and Wild Hunt with Eredin.

Lastly, I don’t know if the way I suggested is best, but having tag synergy and being able to see your Leader on the battlefield beside your other units I think would be cool.

Top Bottom