Horror In Night City?

+
The horror you are referring too comes more from the infamous Breakfast Klub booster gang. They are a booster gang of cannibals that inhabit the park at night and live in the access tunels under the park during the day.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that info.

A mission where you are hired to stop what people are saying is the ultimate cyberpsycho.

Cops are sent after him, and he kills them. An army division was sent after them, and he killed them.

He has been killing across the land. No one can stop him; he seems to shrug off bullets. He throws fire from what people assume are implanted flamethrowers, using the fire to roast alive those who get in his way.

And his jumps... He leaps bounds that should not be possible. Getting places he should not possibly reach. And he likes to jump down onto people, breaking their backs with his gravity-assisted stomp.

Worse, he's heard you're hired to take him out, and now he's coming after you. Mowing through your allies. Killing any friends who oppose him. Slaughtering his way through the city to your home as he seeks to bring an end to your life as he did all of the others.

And when he finally finds you, finally corners you and prepares to attack, you hear the phrase of doom he utters before he horrifically murders someone. A phrase that sends chills down your back.

"It'sa me, Mario!"

I think that with the amount of body augmentations available in CP2077 world and the possibility of interfering with somebody's mind there is bound to be some disturbing horror-like content with creations abandoned inside some isolated underground labs, that only a closer examination would reveal, that the wall-running creature with 6 limbs and it's jaw snapping like crazy at your sight, that you just managed to shoot, was once in fact a human ...

Perhaps there could be a whole labyrinth that some crazies would use for fun to watch victims die on camera, and you could either shut this place down and kill every single atrociousness inside + the crazies who were running it, or you could set those horrors free should you wish to encourage the rest of the citizens to get to know them better ;)

Sild

Ex-moderator
I think there are plenty of urban scary myths they can draw from without actually delving into the supernatural.. and the technology could make for some equally terrifying scenarios.. i remember watching Screamers (1995) for the first time.. scarry af..

What about everyone else? How do you feel about potential horror themed areas/content in CP 2077? Any thoughts or suggestions as to how it might work?

Human horror, if anything, not artificial or magical. Silence of the Lambs type horror or something like it. The best kind of horror here is something the viewer (or, player) can relate to, something that could actually happen and be experienced.

I love the horror genre in general so I'd love to see a bit of it in there. Obviously with this setting I'm not talking magic and the supernatural, I'm thinking more along the lines of what others have suggested. Cults, the cybernetically enhanced insane, things with a vibe like Manhunt etc...

Also, I'm not suggesting it should be a big theme, maybe just a couple of side-questlines. I remember the Thief series often having an area or so that was scary, the abandoned asylum in 3 springs to mind in particular.

I think cyberpunk naturally lends to a kind of horror- the psychological sort where you are forced to face fundamental questions about your body, your mortality, your identity, your level of self-ownership, your place in society, free will and so on.

GATTACA was a great 'horror' movie movie for me as it dealt with a lot of these issues and it showed just how plausible such a world could be.

There are some "horror" scenario in Cyberpunk (serial killers, a vampire-spin off kinda like Blade, etc...), but nothing unrealistic (monsters, zombies, etc...), I guess unless they'd add the vampire, we could expect a bunch of serial killers, some freaky mutants (animals/people) stuff like that, or why not some easter egg like stumbling over a Chupacabra in the Wasteland or something like that, but doubt there will be much horror like this, mostly in the ultra violent streets of Night City, I guess you'd need more than a ghost story to scare you when you live in the combat zone hahaha

The slasher genre could lend itself real well to my favorite gang in NC.

Maybe the final girl survives, or thats only a myth found in movies.

I'm sure braindance will have a huge snuff library.

The horror you are referring too comes more from the infamous Breakfast Klub booster gang. They are a booster gang of cannibals that inhabit the park at night and live in the access tunels under the park during the day.

In Fallout New Vegas, I became a cannibal cyborg. Nothing has ever sounded so METAL. Apocalypse outlaw roaming the wasteland.

I only pray I can call myself a cannibal cyborg once again.

According to someone a LOT more knowledgeable in CP 2020's lore than I am, there is allegedly a haunted area in the downtown area of Night City (Zone C) called Lake Park.

That got me thinking. How would horror fit into CP 2077? Personally, I'm all for it, and very interested to see how CDPR implements this.

What about everyone else? How do you feel about potential horror themed areas/content in CP 2077? Any thoughts or suggestions as to how it might work?
Alright. I am going to put this as delicately as I can... Outside of "Night's Edge", an OPTIONAL Cyberpunk resource and the fact that there WERE a group of cannibal homeless called "The Breakfast Klub" in the park who sometimes waylaid travelers in the park, there should be NO, and I repeat NO SUPERNATURAL HORROR ELEMENTS IN THIS GAME AT ALL! This isn't Shadowrun. This isn't Vampire or Call of Cthulhu. It's CYBERPUNK! GOT THAT! The only horror that one should experience has NOTHING to do with "Ghosts and Goblins and Spectres...Oh, my!" It SHOULD make you feel revulsion at "man's inhumanity toward their fellow man" and the fear that can only come by being stalked by a complete and total psychopath. 'Nuff said!

hmm something like tech.. noir or not strictly horror but based on a lot of scary uhh medical subjects and crime drama?

Top Bottom