SOLVED [HoS - 1.31 GOTY] Dead man´s party quest - Infinite black loading screen

+
Title speaks for itself. I get this screen exactly after I talk to Shani in her ambulance when she is about to get that "sensor" and the cutscene fades to black.
I first thought it´s some glitch that got overlooked in the code, so I decided to do some stuff with the heist and finish this quest later with hope of fixing it but didn´t work.
I disabled all of my mods, still no difference the rest of HoS quests is working flawlessly and it was a long time ago since my game last crashed so I don´t blame mods nor file integrity.
I include the latest crash report, but tbh I am not even sure if this is the one because when I close TW3 no report file is created.

Has anyone encoutered this glitch before? If yes, how did you manage to fix it?

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• witcher3.exe_crash_20180612_145925495.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 118
It is most likely a mod-related issue. Can you make a list of the mods you're using? We'll head on over to Mod Discussions, as well.

Just note that disabling mods is not a great idea. Removing mods can leave holes in the save-state and create all new issues. If you try that, just ensure you don't save until you're sure you've got everything working correctly. If you did save, move or delete those saves.

Likely, you're simply experiencing a mod conflict. Hopefully, someone here will recognize it.

Thanks for your suggestion, making a list of my mods won´t be an easy task since I have a few of them merged together with Mod merger.
Instead, I´m gonna try to go clean with it. I´m already downloading Witcher 3 on another machine, I will copy my save and try to get through the cutscene then save it and continue on my PC.
I think this will be the easiest option and I´m pretty confident it´s gonna work.
Wish me luck! I will post back with results.

You can just screenshot the mod folder and - merger.

Anyway you can try to rename the whole /mods/ folder to /disabledmods/ and see if that gets you through the scene. Just don't save afterwards if you get through. Save files can get corrupted too. And adding and removing mods like this can cause troubles. Depends on type of mod used.

So my plan didn´t work, the game turns black again at this exact spot even on another PC and a clean install of TW3. :cry:
My save is probably corrupted by some mods, it´s a shame that I can´t continue with the choices from the main game.
I will continue with this save: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/244
It also has similar choices from the main game so I am happy with that :D

Just in case anyone would want to examine my mods I include the modlist
Snímka obrazovky (88).png

Okay, just after I basically gave up on this one I found a solution. Damn, life can be strange sometimes!
The trick is to have the console enabled, and when the black screen appears I have to simply type "Ciri" to respawn in Shani´s house and then type "Geralt" to continue playing the quest.
It´s THAT simple. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom