HoS: Open Sesame - Witcher Seasonings [1.10] Major Bug

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
HoS: Open Sesame - Witcher Seasonings [1.10] Major Bug

During the eavesdrop mission, the game fails to load the second stage when you are supposed to stand outside the house and listen in on the cooks whereabouts at the back of the house. I only manage to listen in on the 2 guards standing outside in the front, then theres no new "witcher sense" markers. Tried reloading a previous save, and enter the mission during day/night. Even shutting down the game completely.
Really no way to advance, so im kinda stuck until a solutions comes along.

I am experiencing this bug as well, it actually makes me somewhat relieved that someone else has had the same problem. Please fix this ASAP. Thanks!

Yep got this as well. I've tried everything but no luck. Is it possible to go straight to where the cook is and skip this bit?

The chef is on a pier on the southeast part of the isle but you can't address him without doing the previous part I found. I tried redownloading the dlc but that didnt work and then was told to return to a save state before you pick your team but I didnt have one that went back that far...

Same problem here. Thought i was going crazy there for second before i realized its bug. Please fix this!!!! This game is way to good to have stupid things like this happen.

Well I also have no previous saves. This would really suck if have no choice but to start again and loose all my previous choices, tbh I'd probably not bother

Got no last save before choosing my team either.
If supposedly it has something to do with a/the mission prior to this one, what team members did you guys select? I chose Quinto and Eveline. And in that specific order. Then headed straight for the eavesdrop mission.
On a sidenote, continued on with some other mission and secondary quest and went back to this one. Still not working.

I actually had multiple saves prior to selecting my team and attempting to do the chef quest even before selecting either team member still does not work. I have tried multiple times. I posted in another topic as well, (I am not on NG+) This was my post from the other thread, I'll add it here cause this one is longer:

When on the quest Open Sesame: Witcher Seasonings after you craft the tonic and need to eavesdrop on the guards, the second set of guards behind/in the building do not spawn. The first set of guards at the entrance works, then their listen bubbles turn from red to white, the quest area marker moves but the second set do not spawn. I have multiple save files and have loaded 4 of them from different areas of the quest. I have loaded it and attempted to do the quest immediately following the acceptance of the herbalists quests and going from there, freeing the guy from the cage and again attempted the quest after recruiting Eveline, and a final time after doing both other quests, each time the same bug occurred. I have restarted multiple times, quit the application and tried a hard reset of the xbox as well. I have downloaded the xbox patch that came out today (now yesterday). I had not attempted the quest prior to the patch. Thanks!

So is this bug just luck of the draw or something? Restarting from a prior save was the only fix support had for me.
Im also not in NG+

I'm having the exact same issue, picked the exact same people. Tried contacting them and they said they'd send the info to the devs. I guess it's a waiting game now..

Don't they playtest these things? What an annoying bug. Don't feel like continuing the game, since it might be for naught!

Seems the bug is about the people we pick. I guess the only option is to go back and try and speed through to this point and select different people. Such a shame a bug like this that completely stops the main story is here.

Went back to previous save, before i even select my 2 companions. Then tried everything i could think of, still the same. So i doubt it´s the people we pick. Must be something way before then to cause this.

I did download the "wrong" DLC pack on Oct 13. Played for some hours. Then installed the correct DLC when prompted the follow day.
Also, not on NG+. Continued from "old" save on the standalone game.

I have this too

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Thank you very much for taking the time to report this issue. [/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Please try loading a save game before talking to the Gnome Herbalist or the Mystery man (after the auction) and redo the quest.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]You should be able to progress through it normally.[/FONT]

I got this response from them so try this guys!!

My only save from before meeting either of those people is from months ago. I hope that this isn't the only way to continue with the DLC, because going back to the other save would be incredibly annoying and leave me with a lot to redo.

I am interested in hearing if it worked though.

EDIT: I hope this doesn't mean we will not be getting a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom