Hotfix 1.06

+
K, get the update driver for your graphics card.

I noticed that the memory_pool_budgets.csv file had disappeared from the engine folder, you can try to replace it, here is my configuration, you need to edit according to your configuration.
I don't know if my fix works for you but me it works fine.

Create with notepad++ or Excel
Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv

PoolCPU Your CPU memory
PoolGPU Your GPU memory

View attachment 11112200
Stop posting snake oil. They even said it themselves... the game does not read this file. It never read this file, nor will it ever. Period. No if's and's or but's. Please stop it with this nonsense.

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
After updating to 1.06:
- people are walking in thin air over the sidewalk in night city on several occations.
- In Queen of the highway Panam is repeating "what's up V` like 10 times, the mission also lockes it self on follow Panam (had to reload to a ealier autosave and was able to finish). Panam is sitting in thin air. Optional dialog i stuck whwen aproching Panam.
- Calling motorbike in the badlands makes it spawn like 10 feet in the air.
- Feels like the changes done in 1.05 with pedestrians ducking like forever is back to the way it was before 1.05.

Last edited:
You might be right. But you and I both know a half done game was not what we expected and certainly not what we paid for. If they told me it is half done, I wont pay for it. It is called false advertising and certainly misleading customers. Thus, I stand correct as what I said: Your full-price pre-order copy include everything they have promised they would developed, ON TIME.

No. They made promises, which they have every right to break. Just like you can make any promise you want, whether you keep them or not is also up to you. At no point did they or you sign any sort of contract with each other.

I'm not excusing them by the way. I'm as unhappy with the product as anyone else.

The product is sold "as-is" which means that by making the purchase all you are entitled to is a license to use whatever they say the product is. Even if their product accidentally damages your PC or console, etc.

They say what we got was the product. If you aren't satisfied with it your recourse is to either get a refund or be satisfied with what we got and/or how ever they may decide to change it in the future.

If you feel like their advertisement was misleading, which one can easily argue that it was, you can always sue them. Be prepared to spend a lot of time and money if you want to pursue this avenue though, and you might not like the outcome since you can't sue someone to do work. Would you even want the work done by someone forced into doing it because they were sued?
Post automatically merged:

I have only experienced like 2-3 crashes in my 25 hours of playtime. But ever since 1.06, I have had 10 crashes minimum in the last 5 hours of playtime. I think 1.06 broke something... at least for me?

Also, there has been this weird glitch that has plagued my entire playthrough. Here's a clip/tweet showing just that and it is REALLY annoying as it happens randomly and frequently (around every 15-30 mins):

Your video doesn't look like a bug. The door looked open while you were outside and closed as you got into the car.

Might be a bug with the door opening/closing like that. Maybe. Could be intended. Not a bug with lighting though unless you have other examples of it happening.

Last edited:
More CTD's with 1.06, was able to play to complete minor jobs with Jackie without a CTD with 1.05 (although they were still fairly regular) now the game drops out way more than it ever has since day one for me.

Great the save file issue is resolved but with this amount of CTD's I'm never going to need to worry about save file sizes.

PS: Got to admit apart from CDPR pumping out Patches really quickly the Cyberpunk experience is feeling more and more like a Bethesda release for me. Fix one thing but break something else but I'm used to it, just surprised to be experiencing the exact same thing here that I've seen at beth for 2 decades. Word of advice maybe? get your community of MA (if you have them) involved as quick as possible, they have helped Beth for years maybe yours can help here?

Last edited:
I've got some hours into the game and started wondering, because as I remember there was a pop up tip like the text below in the game. (I copied this from a website I found because I didn't find any forum or YouTube video about it.)

"In the world of Cyberpunk 2077, most electronic devices with a security system, including phones, smart guns, laptops, cars, doors, or hotel rooms, are accessed via a chip technology called SID (often referred to as "Seed"), which stands for subcutaneous identification device. The SID is a small circuit board mounted on the thumb bone of the dominant hand of each person. Despite this security software, hacking a car can be done by those with access to a personal link and specialized illegal hacking programs. Every vehicle in Cyberpunk 2077 is equipped with an access port next to the fuel intake. Accessing that port and connecting to it through a personal link can allow a thief to open, break, or install malware on the vehicle's computers. So in addition to legally purchasing vehicles, V can hack and steal vehicles. Cars will be harder to steal based on their class and the brand of the vehicle. Brands range from Lower, Middle, to Upper tiers."

And I was wondering that what am I doing wrong that I cannot do this and also I cannot see any of these access ports on the cars near the fuel intake.

Is there a fix or patch coming for NPC motorcycle riding, there are no NPC riding motorcycles. GTA5, sleeping dog has NPC riding.

Confirmed. Brandon doesn't have his usual screen. 1.06 was pushed after I met him for the first time.
This occurred during second visit during the convo with Theo. So I guess Brandon's quest will progress on new saves?

20201225005231_1.jpg

No. They made promises, which they have every right to break. Just like you can make any promise you want, whether you keep them or not is also up to you. At no point did they or you sign any sort of contract with each other.

I'm not excusing them by the way. I'm as unhappy with the product as anyone else.

The product is sold "as-is" which means that by making the purchase all you are entitled to is a license to use whatever they say the product is. Even if their product accidentally damages your PC or console, etc.

They say what we got was the product. If you aren't satisfied with it your recourse is to either get a refund or be satisfied with what we got and/or how ever they may decide to change it in the future.

If you feel like their advertisement was misleading, which one can easily argue that it was, you can always sue them. Be prepared to spend a lot of time and money if you want to pursue this avenue though, and you might not like the outcome since you can't sue someone to do work. Would you even want the work done by someone forced into doing it because they were sued?
Post automatically merged:

Your video doesn't look like a bug. The door looked open while you were outside and closed as you got into the car.

Might be a bug with the door opening/closing like that. Maybe. Could be intended. Not a bug with lighting though unless you have other examples of it happening.

Sorry if the video suggested that way, but this is just one instance where I happened to capture the "lighting goes dark" part. There were many instances where this happens and it happens randomly, whether I'm in a mission, in a cutscence, or just driving around.

The video is just there to show how it goes dark with an "animation" @ 0:06. Because the strange part is that, you can see the darkening spread from top right and then across the whole scene. It doesn't look like a typical glitch where things just suddenly darkened. I'm thinking it is something to do with RT lighting glitches out as I don't seem to have that effect when I turn RT lighting from Ultra to Off.

P.S. I thought this was intended as well as the first time this happened was when I first visited ripperdoc. I thought it had something to do with scripted malfunction effect, but it wasn't, as I look through other people's footage.

After hotfix 1.06 game stopped working on my PC o_O Worst Christmas gift ever....

nice, i download the game overnight whole 63 gb in state 1.04 xD and now it is like hey look 54 gb to 1.05 update!! :D it's retarded maybe i should say REDtarded -.-. What about 1.06 another 50gb :D ?

Mine too was a Christmas gift xD

Like i said Witcher was dope but wtf are you guys doing now 54 gb update with 63 gb game -.- rlly? And ppl reporting that game after it is even more broken.

First off, I want to share how much I absolutely love the game. The mechanics, the combat system, the world and all its characters, the missions, storyline, side jobs, and gigs. I love it all. Of course, the game does suffer from its share of bugs and has crashed on me (OG PS4) more than a handful of times but I am still absolutely addicted to the game. Having said this, I am grateful for the quick work to get patches out asap. I was just curious, I have 2 cyberpsycho missions that are bugged and un-completable. Research shows that I am not alone in these bugs.. Any chance of patching them soon?

First off, I want to share how much I absolutely love the game. The mechanics, the combat system, the world and all its characters, the missions, storyline, side jobs, and gigs. I love it all. Of course, the game does suffer from its share of bugs and has crashed on me (OG PS4) more than a handful of times but I am still absolutely addicted to the game. Having said this, I am grateful for the quick work to get patches out asap. I was just curious, I have 2 cyberpsycho missions that are bugged and un-completable. Research shows that I am not alone in these bugs.. Any chance of patching them soon?

Patches on ps4 take 54 gb to download like on pc?

I very much hope the next update will allow us to turn off the HUD objective marker!!

I cannot continue playing with that blinking yellow beacon in my screen. Please please please give me an option to only have the map marker on.

And the workaround with the cyberpsycho quest is not optimal.

I know you guys must be busy. But it is game breaking for me personally. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom