Hotfix 1.06

+
I've been a bit unlucky with recent patches. Still unable to achieve 60fps and the 1.06 patch increased crashing by a lot.

Thanks CDPR for your efforts regardless, I appreciate the efforts in the circumstances y'all are faced with.

yeah.. fixing a single NPC on a SINGLE quest really helps... lol..

important and quick fixes for a lot of problems:
  • quests still brick
  • save files still brick
  • performance still worse than 1.04
  • bulk crafting/disassembling
  • item favorization (aka disassembling protection)
  • some keybind configurations / toggles (i.e. walk, dodge and other keybind overlaps)
What are you talking about? 8 mb fix is SUPERGOOD! Performance is better than 1.04. But this is on PC.

1.06 made it noticably worse on PS4. Panham quest is bugged and ruined 50hr save file, so i restarted, and the intro cutscenes are like their own youtube glitch video with headless characters T posing everywhere.. its pretty funny, til you remember the $100 it cost to watch.

There is no way these "fixes" were tested, it takes days to clear PS updates so there is now way anyone could have tested 50 hours of gameplay between 1.05 and 1.06

PLEASE STOP rushing to meet deadlines! You think youd have caught on by now that is a terrible idea. Focus on your game rather than your stock prices.

yeah.. fixing a single NPC on a SINGLE quest really helps... lol..

important and quick fixes for a lot of problems:
  • quests still brick
  • save files still brick
  • performance still worse than 1.04
  • bulk crafting/disassembling
  • item favorization (aka disassembling protection)
  • some keybind configurations / toggles (i.e. walk, dodge and other keybind overlaps)
This isn't a patch to fix a single NPC, this is a patch to fix the most game breaking bug in the game (the savefile bug).
This patch helps....A lot!

They know what they need to change, it's just too early to expect anything major just yet.

I just want to express my thoughts and other means, that this game is indeed a masterpiece of work that has been going on for a very long time as far as I can see and I have played the game only long enough to get far.

But I did noticed lots of issues going on with the game entirely and with that being said I still progressed despite the glitches and crashes, I see nothing but a beautiful setting, however cannot fully enjoy the game with crashing happening either during a phone call or during a fight, but hey the game is still new regardless of how it is its fine.

But I do want to point out that most of the crashing always happens in Night City either by it being busy city or by it being not busy city, it does not glitch out or crash as often during in the outskirts from the city, least not by much during the 1.04 patch the crashes were not as much since it took two to nearly three hours for the game to crash with 4 different things relating to the video that are set to off with Film Grain only on, however due to just by playing the game not even for an hour and if its like that, then the patch itself from my understanding may only be fixing the outer parts of the crash but not the main source itself, if that main source is not found and patched correctly the game itself by my knowledge thanks to a friend who has known for his coding experties has told me that there are to many errors in both Auto Saving as well as whatever it is that is causing the crashes that will just get worse.

I only say this as a point out by no means I do not mean any at all of any disrespect mostly because I do love and enjoy playing the game to heart, thin of what I said is another game reference that I play you got " The First " and " The Source " the first you shouldn't be looking at, but the source is where it might be happening more often than you think, its like looking for something that is lost, but when you're not looking for it, then it'll be found but regardless keep up the wonderful work and hope for more stories of this game in the future.

ps4 pro last night i got notification for hotfix 1.06 and wont download it at all re-installed game 3 times today and no hot fix at all any help plz

A couple of things:

-Zoom out a bit on the mini-map when driving (a la GTAV) would be really nice.

-'Up to 11' and 'Bigger Booms' perks seem to have one another's icons in the chart.

-Every time I load a save file I get a 'loading...' overlaid image that won't go away until I load again. The screen that shows a recap of the last main quest mission seems to cause it. See below for an example.
CP2077_HUD_BUG.jpg

Hi Team ,

Few observations on Xbox One X

1) When Chromatic aberration is on the crowd and vehicle density seems lesser when compared to when Chromatic aberration is off

2) When riding on a bike and entering new area in fps view , the game hangs for a second and continues normally

3) The in-game text like the skill tree and journal descriptions look small when viewed from a tv from a small distance , can we have an option to increase this font size as it is difficult in reading the small text and is impacting the game experience.
i think it's worth to make font bigger in tooltips over NPCs too, very hard to read.

Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Please add a bulk crafting option! Crafting is super tedious.

Since this new patch v1.06. I've started 3 different characters. Each and every one has crashed soon as I get to the checkpoint going into Watson after you did the job to rescue the woman out of the tub. Before this patch I only had crashed 2 times and a few video glitches. The crashes were all sent in so hopefully this will be fixed so I can get back to playing. Edit: If you have this through Steam after you update anything like patches make sure you do a file verification. If I had done that first instead of going into the game and then complaining about the ctd's I would have been a more happy camper.

Last edited:
I playing over GoG and it shows you history of pathes. Have you noticed that patch 1.05 was actually 3 patches? Just yesterday at night i saw 500mb patch but the version didn't change.

I playing over GoG and it shows you history of pathes. Have you noticed that patch 1.05 was actually 3 patches? Just yesterday at night i saw 500mb patch but the version didn't change.
Its not that its 3 patches, its just split into 3 files plus the installer.exe. GOG offline installer files are never bigger than 4GB. The day one install consists of 27 files including the installer.exe.

Oh, ok.
I still have say that last 500mb was installed over 24 hours later, after initial part of patch downloaded and aplied. I hoped that the've added more fixes but didn't want to change the version 😜

This hotfix made the game SO MUCH more laggy than 1.05. It's pretty much how it was before all of these hotfixes. Even my husband's computer is having a hard time with it and his computer can run the game better than mine can.

For me, this hotfix was a miss.

Top Bottom