Hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

+
Thanks for hotfix CDPR, but bump on overnerfing Cerys. Cerys deck is so much more easy to counter than self-hurt by stealing Queensguards, and even when Cerys was at 12 str, she would only get to like 20 -- not even better than Tuirseach Axemen.

I think bumping her back to 10 would be fine, and even 12 would be acceptable--I can't really recall anyone complaining. Or, maybe consider this suggestion (Cerys revives all Queensguards):

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...erys-rebalance

Miatrix;n7736090 said:
Thanks for hotfix CDPR, but bump on overnerfing Cerys. Cerys deck is so much more easy to counter than self-hurt by stealing Queensguards, and even when Cerys was at 12 str, she would only get to like 20 -- not even better than Tuirseach Axemen.

I agree on Axemen needing the nerf more than Cerys, but Cerys nerf was more than justified.
This was my first game after the patch:
Queensguard.jpg

Some of that 37 point Cerys is entirely you're fault for killing the Queensguard. The super buffed QG demonstrates why Draig needed one of the nerfs he got, no argument there. A fourth QG is a good use of Operator, but it cost him a silver card to pull that off. With just making Draig Relentless that is no longer a very cost effective use of Operator though so you would be unlikely to see it again. All this shows is that Draig did in fact need the Relentless nerf, that alone would have balanced things out. If they really wanted to nerf Cerys to 10 on top of that's fine, I wouldn't argue that either. Nerfing her to 8, nerfing Bran, and double nerfing Draig, all while leaving QG at 2 base is way over the top.

Sorry wasn't really paying attention, and flipped the board in my head thinking you were on the receiving end. Point still stands, nerfing Draig resolves that.

Not to mention how Carateker rolls over Cerys anyway he likes. Stealing Qg or Cerys. Griffins also say hi. Vicaro medics. Frost. Gigni. Scorch. Dethmold.

So so many answers for that deck. But hey Axeman is ok. Sigh

Question: I find it quite odd whenever I have to look at the black screen with post: "opponent is choosing which cards he want to replace" (not word by word but you know what I mean). I don't really understand why I couldn't see table as it is, go through my cards one last time and so on. Was this a technical decision of some sort or it doesn't really have a reason?

rvonlin;n7737380 said:
Some of that 37 point Cerys is entirely you're fault for killing the Queensguard. The super buffed QG demonstrates why Draig needed one of the nerfs he got, no argument there. A fourth QG is a good use of Operator, but it cost him a silver card to pull that off. With just making Draig Relentless that is no longer a very cost effective use of Operator though so you would be unlikely to see it again. All this shows is that Draig did in fact need the Relentless nerf, that alone would have balanced things out. If they really wanted to nerf Cerys to 10 on top of that's fine, I wouldn't argue that either. Nerfing her to 8, nerfing Bran, and double nerfing Draig, all while leaving QG at 2 base is way over the top.

I'm the SK player, i don't know why people always consider if you're asking for nerfing some card, you aren't playing that faction. I'm asking for a lot of nerfs for a faction i got over 1500 ranked games, there must be a reason to do it, since i'm not a mashochist. And yeah, it was a perfect game. It doesn't change the fact that it is a 37 points card you can play all 3 turns(of course scaling over the game, but playing a 15-18 gold on the first round doesn't make any sense.

masterring;n7739810 said:
Not to mention how Carateker rolls over Cerys anyway he likes.

If you're dumb enough to let your strong cards go into the graveyard vs Monsters, you deserve to be smashed by your own 30+ strength Cerys.

Last edited:
Yes, I acknowledged that you were the Skellige player immediately after my initial post, you read well. You also clearly ignored the point that everything OP about that example stemmed from Draig. Once Draig was nerfed you don't have those over buffed QG (I assume you hit Cerys with Draig at least once too), and you damn sure wouldn't spend Operator on a 4th QG.

Also, please share with us how you never let any of those strong cards go in the graveyard the entire game...

Yes. It is not worth it. The only viable SK deck is the obnoxious wound deck with the axegirls.

d3vil_dant3;n7745790 said:
well.. that s disappointing.. cause i saved my scraps for skellige precisely.. and they nerfed them.. wth

You actually should be happy that you didn't invest your savings right before they hit the nerfhammer.

d3vil_dant3;n7745790 said:
well.. that s disappointing.. cause i saved my scraps for skellige precisely.. and they nerfed them.. wth

Like me and several hundreds others. sigh...

ye, it s true.. but i finished my last version of monster deck and almost finished nilfgaard deck, but i realised that emhyr's deck ain t so competitive ( or at least, not in my hands), so i decided to play skellige.. donno what to do now.. maybe try to finish emhyr s one, just for love of completation

rvonlin;n7745030 said:
Yes, I acknowledged that you were the Skellige player immediately after my initial post, you read well. You also clearly ignored the point that everything OP about that example stemmed from Draig. Once Draig was nerfed you don't have those over buffed QG (I assume you hit Cerys with Draig at least once too), and you damn sure wouldn't spend Operator on a 4th QG.

Excuse me for not checking if you had double-posted. I ignored the point about Draig, because removing 4 strength from all 4 QGs and Cerys, would change Cerys from 37 to 33 and Cerys+QGs from 86
to 66 strength. Clearly not OP i guess. Also, i can't see a reason to not use Operator since it's giving you an extra free Priestess of Freya(yeah, you read well), while giving your opponent a 2 str creature.
And, even if i didn't want to create a 4th QG, i could always copy Draig directly(even more after nerf, since it's the only way you could play him twice).

rvonlin;n7745030 said:
Also, please share with us how you never let any of those strong cards go in the graveyard the entire game...

Never is a word i didn't use, you look so offended by my previous post, quite surprising. And, answering your question, it's pretty simple actually for cards like Cerys, if you lose first round, you could play her as soon as round 2 starts(not saying you should), because you need to win round 2, so you will have the chance to resurrect her before your opponent has the chance to get her. If you win first round, you can either force your opponent's hand or play Draig and bring your QGs back once to get them/Cerys buffed, then pass and abuse SK's insane turn 3. In any case, not even close to "the entire game".

With 0.8.60, when I saw Yennefer buffed, I was certained, she will get nerf, and this happened.
The thing I don't understand, is why some cards or deck get an awesome nerf or buff.

d3vil_dant3;n7755770 said:
I m pretty convinced u m gonna buy skellige discard deck before finish my emhyr s deck. Sounds so cool

Despite what others are saying, it's perfectly viable, just not nearly as strong as self-wound, which will get nerfed eventually. It's pretty fun too.

TheWalkingHawking;n7755510 said:
Excuse me for not checking if you had double-posted. I ignored the point about Draig, because removing 4 strength from all 4 QGs and Cerys, would change Cerys from 37 to 33 and Cerys+QGs from 86
to 66 strength. Clearly not OP i guess. Also, i can't see a reason to not use Operator since it's giving you an extra free Priestess of Freya(yeah, you read well), while giving your opponent a 2 str creature.
And, even if i didn't want to create a 4th QG, i could always copy Draig directly(even more after nerf, since it's the only way you could play him twice).

Never is a word i didn't use, you look so offended by my previous post, quite surprising. And, answering your question, it's pretty simple actually for cards like Cerys, if you lose first round, you could play her as soon as round 2 starts(not saying you should), because you need to win round 2, so you will have the chance to resurrect her before your opponent has the chance to get her. If you win first round, you can either force your opponent's hand or play Draig and bring your QGs back once to get them/Cerys buffed, then pass and abuse SK's insane turn 3. In any case, not even close to "the entire game".

Except none of it is that simple. I played 5 games last night just to see if QG could still be viable at all. I went 1-4 and got my teeth absolutely kicked in in the four games I lost. The only game I won was against a level 10 monster player who only had Geralt and Regis for gold cards and I only won because other than Cleaver in one round he didn't have an answer for Champion of Champions which was 17 strength by the end of round three. Radovid walked all over my deck, and playing against Nilfgaard was hilarious. In one game I had one QG in hand at the start, played Bran, one QG was immediately stolen with medic, so I was able to put two on the board, and then at the start of round 2 both got put back into my deck and I never saw them again. 10 strength Cerys with no QG in round three was a joke. Between graveyard stealing, banishing, and other shenanigans I don't think I ever had all three QG make it anywhere near round 3. Not to mention things like Fireball traps that can stop you from ressing them even if they are in the graveyard, and other counters like weather if you do get them onto the board.

Given the fragility of QG and the weakness of Draig it's highly questionable whether he is going to provide enough value to even be in your deck now (personally I lean toward no). Same goes for Operator on a QG. So many ways to shut that down that I can think of much better ways to get more value out of Operator. There are so many counters to QG that any strategy that relies on putting power into them is a huge gamble.

And no, I'm not at all offended by your posts. I'm offended that CDPR doesn't understand their own game well enough to make balanced changes to it. They appear to be using the same simple math that you are without considering the ripple effect. On top of that, they jumped the gun before even seeing how people would counter strong QG. You can't pull 50 strength QG if they aren't in your graveyard to begin with, and based on playing last night that's pretty much every game.

Top Bottom