How do you counter a Scoiatel Eithné deck without weather?

+
How do you counter a Scoiatel Eithné deck without weather?

I've come up against a deck with Eithne several times now with a Skellige deck and I just can't beat it. The deck only plays melee row with the elf that gets +1 when a card appears on my side, hawker healer, Elven Mercenary to thin the special cards and the occasional dwarf. I can deal with the dwarfs with Coral and Aard or Alzur's Thunder, but I have no idea what to do against repeated hawker healers, Commander's Horn, Aglais for another Horn, Saskia and Eithne for another buff of choice. That's so much power from many different cards that I don't see how I can stop them all. I can always stop a part of it but the opponent always has many other options and thanks to the faction ability I have to start every round as well leading to card disadvantage on top.

I can only beat this one with my weather deck, but what do I do if I don't have a Frost handy?

Shimatta;n7816820 said:
I've come up against a deck with Eithne several times now with a Skellige deck and I just can't beat it. The deck only plays melee row with the elf that gets +1 when a card appears on my side, hawker healer, Elven Mercenary to thin the special cards and the occasional dwarf. I can deal with the dwarfs with Coral and Aard or Alzur's Thunder, but I have no idea what to do against repeated hawker healers, Commander's Horn, Aglais for another Horn, Saskia and Eithne for another buff of choice. That's so much power from many different cards that I don't see how I can stop them all. I can always stop a part of it but the opponent always has many other options and thanks to the faction ability I have to start every round as well leading to card disadvantage on top.

I can only beat this one with my weather deck, but what do I do if I don't have a Frost handy?

Use Alzur Thunder on dwarves (or block them), dimeritium bomb as last card can also kill all the buffs.

KasumiGoto;n7817090 said:
Use Alzur Thunder on dwarves (or block them), dimeritium bomb as last card can also kill all the buffs.

Right, I didn't think about Dimeritium Bomb, good idea. Still, I need the luck to draw it and since I won't have the last turn the opponent can still react. I already wrote in my post that I can deal with the dwarves with Alzur's Thunder and Coral/Aard, although here too I need the luck of a good draw. The problem is that I can counter a part of the whole thing, but the opponent always seems to have equally powerful other options while I'm busy attempting to counter rather than building strength myself. On top of that, if I'm unlucky with the draws and can't kill the dwarves the match seems already decided in round one.

You can always play an Aeromancy without having to completely commit your deck to weather. Might be worth a debuff on your front row to handle the entirety of their front row. Just make sure they thin out all the Clear Skies in their deck before you use it.

I run similar hybrid deck just very poor version I use ambushes 2xFireball, ida to block whether or dbomb if i can and tourviel. I also use cleaver helps a lot in some situations and single BMC and wardancer. Only gold being Geralt(yeah fml).

Single Dbomb might not be enough because player will expect dbomb. Don't even bother with whether unless you are monster(I think) because it can draw first light at any time. I mostly try to play game of attrition so disrupting that while providing your own power should do the trick. multiple Alzur's Thunder and manticor venom/lacerate should do the trick. Priority targets are dwarfs but be very of deck like mine since It can buff other things and you might find your self wasting cards on ambushes and then get into round 2/3 without tools to counter buffing. Deck doesn't have any removal so use that to your advantage and play tempo. don't overbuff things because he can also has dbomb.

Shimatta;n7816820 said:

I don't play Skellige really but the way I deal is isolation counters (don't know how else to call it). For example (I play Nilf mainly)... Peter Saar Gwynleve, Auckes. I suppose for neutral they would be something like Clever.... and maybe even Dudu as a counter (basically let them jack up the card as much as you think they'll go and mirror with Dude to render it useless..... but possibly Adrenaline Rush it to use it against them?).

Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom