HOW DO YOU GET EXPANSION PASS THRU STEAM TO WORK?

+
I find this incredibly stupid. I played and beat Witcher 3. So I wanted to play the DLC Heat of Stone and Blood and Wine. So instead of buying the DLCs seperate, which would have cost more, I bought the expansion pass. It then downloaded, I thought it weird that the download said Witche 3 Wild Hunt and not anything about Expansion pass. So it seems Steam had Witcher 3 completely reinstalled over my original content. Now when I try and open Witcher 3 saved games, they fail to open because I am missing a bunch of expansion stuff: Wolfschool Witcher gear, etc etc which I already had installed. Instead of installing the two new DLCs it reinstalled Witrcher 3 completely and broke my game!?!?!?! Now I have no access to the DLCs nor can I even open my old game. WTF? I thought if I bought the expansion pass it would install the two new DLCs and that is what should have happened, but instead it just ruined everything.

Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to play he DLCs? and why isnt Steam automatically updating my Witcher3 game with all this missing content automatically?

Top Bottom