How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
In videos things looks better and at night. Give me at day and a screenshot.
I am not impressed. Crysis 3 4k with raytracing would humiliate this game.
So the game looks good on a 3000$ GPU with 24 GB VRAM and raytracing, DLSS quality, psycho settings, which bypass somewhat the problems wtih TAA and SSR, texture not loading.
But for the majority who have GTX 1060/GTX 1070 gpus the game looks bad blurry, grainy, texture not loading. Not very impressive.
Hitman 3 and Metro Exodus look good even on 1080 low .
Crysis 3 4k pics:

Show me Cyberpunk 2077 4k screenshots made by u.

Bruh, you also need to realize you are arguing with only other consumers and players who have it good. There is no point of you in doing so. The general consensus is, if it isn't working, wait until they make it work, else try for a refund or worst case you could sue them lmao but lol that would be dumb.... right? But if your PC specs were not above their "recommended" or "minimum" requirements list, then I guess, you can't do anything right now. Other than buy a new PC.

Most people already know its a badly optimized game, especially for lower and mid lower end rigs, so I am pretty sure they realize it too but they 100% need more time, atleast a year. Yoou could argue whatever that they should not have released it, etc etc, but the past is past and this is how the world revolves. A lot of people were disappointed, a lot of people got what they wanted, but yeah, it is what it is.

I guess you played multiple characters and did several different endings huh?

Exactly. Also, scouring the game for secrets, easter eggs and the likes. You know, someone has to first find those things that you see in the YouTube videos. And it takes time.

Saying so does not make it.
People who say the game runs fine never show anything.
Its telling.

Empty claims are just that.
Just so you mate, I post a multitude of screenshots in certain topics so I show plenty. Also, how would you like me to show my 'non-issue' experience? And lastly, you dont have to believe me. Been reading up on this thread and you say the same damn thing over and over and also selectively listen to anything that suits your complaints. People like me who make a statement where they have the game running fine you react to with the same story over and over again showing the same 4 screenshots a hundred times in one post.

Look mate, I'm sorry for you if you have issues with running the game. I simply am not.
But if you persist on showing how good crysis runs, or hitman, or whatever... Then maybe go play those games instead of writing essays on these forums while listening to jackshit nothing.

Bruh, you also need to realize you are arguing with only other consumers and players who have it good. There is no point of you in doing so. The general consensus is, if it isn't working, wait until they make it work, else try for a refund or worst case you could sue them lmao but lol that would be dumb.... right? But if your PC specs were not above their "recommended" or "minimum" requirements list, then I guess, you can't do anything right now. Other than buy a new PC.

Most people already know its a badly optimized game, especially for lower and mid lower end rigs, so I am pretty sure they realize it too but they 100% need more time, atleast a year. Yoou could argue whatever that they should not have released it, etc etc, but the past is past and this is how the world revolves. A lot of people were disappointed, a lot of people got what they wanted, but yeah, it is what it is.
My PC Specs are :
CPU: Ryzen 1700 (8core16threads)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL 16
MOBO: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS(bios 5602)
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 4GB
Seasonic 550w 80% Bronze M12II EVO
Screen: Samsung UE50NU7472 4k 60hz TV and Samsung 40J5100 1080p 60hz TV

The minimum(1080p low)for Cyberpunk are: i5 3570k + GTX 780 + 8GB RAM->VRAM 3GB
The recomended(1080p high)for Cyberpunk are: Ryzen 3 3200G + GTX 1060 + 12 GB RAM->VRAM 6GB.

I am above minimum and recommended for RAM.
I am above minimum and recommended for CPU.
I am above minimum and at recommended for GPU(RX 580 its equivalent to GTX 1060)
I am above minimum for VRAM.
I am using a SATA SSD.
Post automatically merged:

Just so you mate, I post a multitude of screenshots in certain topics so I show plenty. Also, how would you like me to show my 'non-issue' experience? And lastly, you dont have to believe me. Been reading up on this thread and you say the same damn thing over and over and also selectively listen to anything that suits your complaints. People like me who make a statement where they have the game running fine you react to with the same story over and over again showing the same 4 screenshots a hundred times in one post.

Look mate, I'm sorry for you if you have issues with running the game. I simply am not.
But if you persist on showing how good crysis runs, or hitman, or whatever... Then maybe go play those games instead of writing essays on these forums while listening to jackshit nothing.
I dont have to provide the evidence for u. :facepalm:
U made the claims. Provide the evidence.
I played those games.
I have waited 2 months.
Wanted to play the game i payed for and i cant.
They didnt bother to answer my support ticket.
And by the way have not posted in a month.
Yesterday was my first post in a month.

Q: 30 FPS where? Inside ? Outside in intense areas?
Q: What resolution?
Q: What CPU?
Q: Can u please show a screenshot or a video?

I saw some of your other replies, asking for evidence right there and then. I highly doubt anyone here is lying to you, including me. Asking for evidence right there and then as if the whole world is out to get you is kinda hostile. I will surely share screenshots when I can, but yeah thats true that I have a 33 year old ASUS ROG gl-503.
GPU - GTX 1050
CPU - Intel i7-7700HQ - 2.8 GHz
RAM - 16 GB
Resolution - 1080p (with the dynamic resolution scaling at 95%)
medium-low settings

As for where I get 30 fps, almost everywhere, except right after you get out of your apartment, that place is the most demanding where it drops to at worse 20-25 FPS, but its only for a short while so I can deal with that. I should also mention, the FPS takes a huge dip at times when in combat, but gradually over a period of playing the game, it becomes more stable to almost unnoticeable. Driving actually increases my FPS to 40-ish, because I guess the overall FOV decreases.

11173580[/ATTACH]4, member: 4483031"]
I saw some of your other replies, asking for evidence right there and then. I highly doubt anyone here is lying to you, including me. Asking for evidence right there and then as if the whole world is out to get you is kinda hostile. I will surely share screenshots when I can, but yeah thats true that I have a 33 year old ASUS ROG gl-503.
GPU - GTX 1050
CPU - Intel i7-7700HQ - 2.8 GHz
RAM - 16 GB
Resolution - 1080p (with the dynamic resolution scaling at 95%)
medium-low settings

As for where I get 30 fps, almost everywhere, except right after you get out of your apartment, that place is the most demanding where it drops to at worse 20-25 FPS, but its only for a short while so I can deal with that. I should also mention, the FPS takes a huge dip at times when in combat, but gradually over a period of playing the game, it becomes more stable to almost unnoticeable. Driving actually increases my FPS to 40-ish, because I guess the overall FOV decreases.
My brother also has even more bad performance with i5 6400 and GTX 1060 3gb. FPS below 20 , even 10.
Thats why i dont believe.
People with older hardware never posted any videos or screenshots.
I trust my own eyes more then some testimonial evidence.
Mostly people that run fine the game have newer hardware.

This is how it runs on his hardware:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I dont have to provide the evidence for u. :facepalm:
U made the claims. Provide the evidence.
I played those games.
I have waited 2 months.
Wanted to play the game i payed for and i cant.
They didnt bother to answer my support ticket.
And by the way have not posted in a month.
Yesterday was my first post in a month.
What did I just write? If you choose to not read what I say then whats the point?
Also, what would I stand to gain with lying about my CP77 experience?

My brother also has even more bad performance with i5 6400 and GTX 1060 3gb. FPS below 20 , even 10.
Thats why i dont believe.
People with older hardware never posted any videos or screenshots.

Hmm, that's definitely weird. i5 PC or laptop? Have you tried the optimization videos on youtube and stuff? Because I remember when I set up my game I did a looot of tweaking. Ill post my settings when possible i guess.

What did I just write? If you choose to not read what I say then whats the point?
Also, what would I stand to gain with lying about my CP77 experience?
I dont trust testimonial evidence.
I caught people lying about Fallout 76 too.
Was laughfable.

Hmm, that's definitely weird. i5 PC or laptop? Have you tried the optimization videos on youtube and stuff? Because I remember when I set up my game I did a looot of tweaking. Ill post my settings when possible i guess.
He has pc. I did too on my pc and his. No help. Still bad.

Was laughfable.

It's written; "Laughable."

On a side note;

The answer to your primary question is likely that the toxicity that you among others are spewing into the community writ large, is sapping the devs motivation to put in overtime to fix the game. A cource of action I fully support and I suspect the rest of us who enjoyed the game despite - and sometimes because of (pic related) - the bugs, are perfectly willing to let the devs take their sweet time.

revolutionIsTelevised.png

I call this piece the Revolution is Televised, it wouldn't have been possible without the spontaneous appearance of the elusive T-Pose gang.

It's written; "Laughable."

On a side note;

The answer to your primary question is likely that the toxicity that you among others are spewing into the community writ large, is sapping the devs motivation to put in overtime to fix the game. A cource of action I fully support and I suspect the rest of us who enjoyed the game despite - and sometimes because of (pic related) - the bugs, are perfectly willing to let the devs take their sweet time.

View attachment 11173583

I call this piece the Revolution is Televised, it wouldn't have been possible without the spontaneous appearance of the elusive T-Pose gang.
My first language its romanian.
Q: So people that complained about Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 are toxic?
I understand that people does not like criticizing but calling them toxic its too much.

I never got upset about any games besides Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 which are obviously disastrous releases.
And both from trusted developers which i supported buying most their games.
I have bought all fallout games. I have bought all Elder scrolls games. Rage.
I have bought all witcher games.

Last edited:
My first language its romanian.

If you say so.

Q: So people that complained about Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 are toxic?
I understand that people does not like criticizing but calling them toxic its too much.

I never got upset about any games besides Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 which are obviously disastrous releases.
And both from trusted developers which i supported buying most their games.

Criticism is fine, but then every single thread everywhere has to be about the game being buggy, it becomes toxic. And it has been toxic for so long, that all the good will has been burned away. People just don't feel bad about someone facing game breaking bugs, not anymore, not to the extent than before.

Patches will be released when they are ready. And they will be ready "soon."

A saying about beds goes; [Here].

What pc do u have

Below image was captured while running the game. I paused during a combat sequence.

1613033554157.png

Don't know why the RAM is listed as unknown. It's a perfectly legit Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2133C13 kit.

Since my contribution to this technically oriented topic so far has been unsatisfactory, I'm sharing my settings as well:
  • Crowd density: Low
  • Slow HDD mode: Off (was set to On prior to patch 1.1 because of an autosave bug that was resolved)
  • Height from third-person perspective: High
  • Texture quality: High
  • Field of view: 90
  • Film grain: Off
  • Chromatic aberration: Off
  • Depth of field: Off
  • Lens flare: Off
  • Motion blur: Off
  • Contact shadows: Off
  • Improved facial lighting geometry: Off
  • Anisotropy: 8
  • Local shadow mesh quality*: Low
  • Local shadow quality*: Low
  • Cascaded shadows range: Low
  • Cascaded shadows resolution: Low
  • Distant shadows resolution: Low
  • Volumetric fog resolution: Low
  • Volumetric cloud quality: Medium
  • Max dynamic decals: Low
  • Screen space reflections quality: Low
  • Subsurface scattering quality: Low
  • Ambient occlusion: Low
  • Color precision: High
  • Mirror quality: High
  • Level of detail (LOD): High
  • VSync: Off
  • Maximum FPS: On, Value: 60
  • Windowed mode: Windowed Borderless
  • Resolution: 1920x1080
* Could be Medium but shadows are not working properly as of v 1.12 so no point in increasing it

To put these in perspective, you need to know that I've been playing electronic games since 1996. Upwards of 60k hours spent in front of various monitors some of which emitted small doses of dangerous chemical elements (such were the times...). This has taken its toll on my eyes. To me, there is no perceivable difference in graphics between the settings listed above and everything set to super duper ultra insane. Also, I'm not playing in order to stress-test hardware. I'm playing for the story and the memories it leaves. Nice visuals are welcome but as long as I don't see jagged edges and texture artefacts, I'm fine with it.

While at it, why not share some advice for making your playing experience, even with flawed games, a little bit more pleasant:
  • Always approach a game as if you've never played anything before that. Blank slate
  • Never rush when playing through a game for the first time. Don't skip dialogue, cutscenes, don't ignore the little details in level design, jokes and secrets left from the developers etc. You want people to respect your interests and passions? Respect theirs in return. At least once
  • Save often. Save before each meaningful event in a game. If your hardware does not allow keeping tons of save files, then try to keep at least a couple of trailing saves. Don't play too many games that take control over saving away from you or don't allow it at all
  • Try as many genres as you can but play religiously no more than 3. Experiencing vastly different game mechanics does miracles for your brain but it also makes you compare things that should not be compared
I hope all of that will help at least some of you get the most out of Cyberpunk 2077 and the other games you play.

EDIT: A perfect example of the type of player I am is good ol' Mr. Lawrence Sonntag. I'm not a streamer myself, but if you want to understand how a man can spend thousands of hours with a game then you can check Lawrence's CP77 playlist here.

Last edited:
ThE gAmE rUnS fInE oN mY nExT gEN rIg. Fam, for the price you have to pay for a 3090 rtx ( or 3080 ) I'd say it's the minimum I would expect. I tried the game on 3 different rigs ( low spec was mine ), the other was with a 2080 super and the last one was with a 3090, I still say the game is badly optimized and the majority of screenshot that make the game appearing truly stunning are photo mode with adjusted lights because the second you unpause the game you see how ugly the texture are.
And it's good for the game! Imagine if it also had ugly graphics with a 2080 and newer video cards :coolstory: .
The point is, no matter if you spent 600 dollars or more than 10000 dollars, if the game runs fine for some ( which I believe but to a certain extent ) and not for others ( REGARDLESS OF THE SPEC ) the point still remains, it's an objectily unstable game and there's no good trying to cover it.

If you say so.

Criticism is fine, but then every single thread everywhere has to be about the game being buggy, it becomes toxic. And it has been toxic for so long, that all the good will has been burned away. People just don't feel bad about someone facing game breaking bugs, not anymore, not to the extent than before.

I am a romanian. I sometimes if not careful i write wrongly the words.
If you say so.

I never complain about people praising the game.
Q: Did u see me complain people are praising it and being toxic?
Q: Why can't u give me the same freedom?
I paid for the game. I am entitled to complain.
If u don't like it go to threads that talk about the game without complaining.
Nobody its forcing u.
Post automatically merged:

Below image was captured while running the game. I paused during a combat sequence.

View attachment 11173574

Don't know why the RAM is listed as unknown. It's a perfectly legit Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2133C13 kit.

Since my contribution to this technically oriented topic so far has been unsatisfactory, I'm sharing my settings as well:
  • Crowd density: Low
  • Slow HDD mode: Off (was set to On prior to patch 1.1 because of an autosave bug that was resolved)
  • Height from third-person perspective: High
  • Texture quality: High
  • Field of view: 90
  • Film grain: Off
  • Chromatic aberration: Off
  • Depth of field: Off
  • Lens flare: Off
  • Motion blur: Off
  • Contact shadows: Off
  • Improved facial lighting geometry: Off
  • Anisotropy: 8
  • Local shadow mesh quality*: Low
  • Local shadow quality*: Low
  • Cascaded shadows range: Low
  • Cascaded shadows resolution: Low
  • Distant shadows resolution: Low
  • Volumetric fog resolution: Low
  • Volumetric cloud quality: Medium
  • Max dynamic decals: Low
  • Screen space reflections quality: Low
  • Subsurface scattering quality: Low
  • Ambient occlusion: Low
  • Color precision: High
  • Mirror quality: High
  • Level of detail (LOD): High
  • VSync: Off
  • Maximum FPS: On, Value: 60
  • Windowed mode: Windowed Borderless
  • Resolution: 1920x1080
* Could be Medium but shadows are not working properly as of v 1.12 so no point in increasing it

To put these in perspective, you need to know that I've been playing electronic games since 1996. Upwards of 60k hours spent in front of various monitors some of which emitted small doses of dangerous chemical elements (such were the times...). This has taken its toll on my eyes. To me, there is no perceivable difference in graphics between the settings listed above and everything set to super duper ultra insane. Also, I'm not playing in order to stress-test hardware. I'm playing for the story and the memories it leaves. Nice visuals are welcome but as long as I don't see jagged edges and texture artefacts, I'm fine with it.

While at it, why not share some advice for making your playing experience, even with flawed games, a little bit more pleasant:
  • Always approach a game as if you've never played anything before that. Blank slate
  • Never rush when playing through a game for the first time. Don't skip dialogue, cutscenes, don't ignore the little details in level design, jokes and secrets left from the developers etc. You want people to respect your interests and passions? Respect theirs in return. At least once
  • Save often. Save before each meaningful event in a game. If your hardware does not allow keeping tons of save files, then try to keep at least a couple of trailing saves. Don't play too many games that take control over saving away from you or don't allow it at all
  • Try as many genres as you can but play religiously no more than 3. Experiencing vastly different game mechanics does miracles for your brain but it also makes you compare things that should not be compared
I hope all of that will help at least some of you get the most out of Cyberpunk 2077 and the other games you play.

EDIT: A perfect example of the type of player I am is good ol' Mr. Lawrence Sonntag. I'm not a streamer myself, but if you want to understand how a man can spend thousands of hours with a game then you can check Lawrence's CP77 playlist here.

Q: And what FPS do u have?
U never mention it.

Last edited:
I dont trust testimonial evidence.
I caught people lying about Fallout 76 too.
Was laughfable.
With regards to FO76, I bailed out as soon as it became clear it was gonna be an online-only game with no npc of worth anywhere. If you liked FO3 and FO4 for the clear SP PvE experience FO76 was gonna be shit. Didnt need anyone else to tell it was gonna be.
Same for Anthem for that matter. It was also glorified beyond belief and look what that gave. But they have one crucial difference, both FO76 and Anthem are just trash games content wise, and FO76 was a buggy messnon top of a hollow shell.

CP77 imo is not. And you also describe havingnissues running it. A different type of problem. I can only say what my experience with the game is, same for everyone else. And reports them seem to vary between {I have issues running it / I find nearly no bugs or other of any kind}
Wether you believe me in saying I havent got issues is irrelevant as either regretfully doesnt help you. I'm perfectly aware of that.

And in the end all I can say is/recommend: wait a while longer for more patches to follow through simultaneously learn from buying with expectancy. (We've all been burned with this at some point)
Alternatively I see from some reactions here that your comp isnt as powerful as you may need for CP to run in current state, and so get a new comp.
But other than that there's little most can say.

Q: And what FPS do u have?
U never mention it.

Recently uninstalled the software that allowed me to capture framerates. Guess I didn't care enough about FPS.
Considering I have fixed it to 60 in settings as well as not seeing any tearing while running, driving or turning my head around quickly, it probably stays in the 50-60 range

With regards to FO76, I bailed out as soon as it became clear it was gonna be an online-only game with no npc of worth anywhere. If you liked FO3 and FO4 for the clear SP PvE experience FO76 was gonna be shit. Didnt need anyone else to tell it was gonna be.
Same for Anthem for that matter. It was also glorified beyond belief and look what that gave. But they have one crucial difference, both FO76 and Anthem are just trash games content wise, and FO76 was a buggy messnon top of a hollow shell.

CP77 imo is not. And you also describe havingnissues running it. A different type of problem. I can only say what my experience with the game is, same for everyone else. And reports them seem to vary between {I have issues running it / I find nearly no bugs or other of any kind}
Wether you believe me in saying I havent got issues is irrelevant as either regretfully doesnt help you. I'm perfectly aware of that.

And in the end all I can say is/recommend: wait a while longer for more patches to follow through simultaneously learn from buying with expectancy. (We've all been burned with this at some point)
Alternatively I see from some reactions here that your comp isnt as powerful as you may need for CP to run in current state, and so get a new comp.
But other than that there's little most can say.
Even if i wanted to buy a new GPU the stock are nonexistent.
The only GPU selling at the biggest pc retailer are GT 1030, GT 710, GTX 1050 ti, RX 550 and RX 6900xt and RTX 3090.
The first have lower performance then mine.
And the latter are 2100-3000 $.
Paying that much money just for one game and one that is not that great does not feel right.

Top Bottom