How old were you when cybeprunk was announced? What has changed?

+

Guest 4211861

I was 25, just starting a job. 8 years later, the world is in a lot worse shape, climate's gone bananas and the far right is now in parliament, basically exactly the world of 2077 minus the arm-cutting-off-and-replacing-with-a-gadget.

I was 19 when the game was announced. Since then... Many things have happened. I finished 2 years college, professional school, lived in another country for two years. Came back. Found good job in my country. Kinda got my own flat. Kinda because I didn't buy it myself but got from parents (mom lives in another country anyway). What's else... I went to the university to get bachelor (currently studying), started learning drums and... I've got my first tattoos. And they can be mentioned here because actually dedicated to The Witcher and to Cyberpunk 2077. Both are half-sleeves but the most recent one is not finished because sudio is closed due to lockdown in the country.
So, this is my story. I am 27 now and will be 28 in January. And well, I am happy the game is finally coming out. I am geek and I am absolutely sure I will fall in love with it just Iike with the Witcher games. And by the way, yes, I've read all the Witcher books. And yes, before playing all the games.
P.S. Thank you, CD Projekt Red. I honestly cannot imagine my life without your games now. Your games have souls.

8 Years ago? 44. Yes I'm an old gamer 😉

My step dad games. I think hes late 50s now. He is excited for CP2077.
Post automatically merged:

I was 34 years old when I heard about CP77.

Three years later not much has changed. Still driving a truck and living on the road. No house or apartment, just living in a semi, saving/investing as much as possible, and still on track to retire in about 5 years and never have to work again.

At that point I will probably settle down and maybe grow up... Maybe.

Last edited:
I hadn't yet turned 11, or had my own console. So from then to now a lot has changed. Now I'm 19 looking at going to uni next year to do media and cultural studies and sociology degree as a joint honours. Also started and stopped smoking, got diagnosed with adhd and started medication. So really just a lot of basic stuff such as getting older and figuring out what I want to do and who I am. And I won't lie I didn't even know about the game until I was about 17, I think?

Oh whow... I was going to London when this game was announced. Bought Witcher 3 when I was there.

Back then, I was a socially awkward, naive, but idealistic 27 year old who still had hopes for himself. I was going to escape from my country of birth, finish my master, engage in another culture and maybe get my first girlfriend. After that I was going to find steady work and do one of those "responsible adult who contributes to society" things. Doing one more foreign year of study was my attempt to remain social for a little while longer, before I was going to do something daft like save the world with my research, or at least the bees with my degree in Toxicology.

I am now a jaded and embittered 35 year old who now understands that a different culture isn't enough to overcome handicaps that my lack of social development has now made a permanent feature in me. People are pretty much alike everywhere and I've come to some pretty grim realizations about human nature and the illusionary nature of the potential I thought I had. The current fustercluck of today's politics, further ecological decline and some of the morons running around on TV has done little to assuage me otherwise. I'm in between work that rarely lives up to my master-degree, I prefer to avoid other people. I stopped trying and I'm not sure where I'm heading.

I will take a bit of Cyberpunk please.

Oh whow... I was going to London when this game was announced. Bought Witcher 3 when I was there.

Back then, I was a socially awkward, naive, but idealistic 27 year old who still had hopes for himself. I was going to escape from my country of birth, finish my master, engage in another culture and maybe get my first girlfriend. After that I was going to find steady work and do one of those "responsible adult who contributes to society" things. Doing one more foreign year of study was my attempt to remain social for a little while longer, before I was going to do something daft like save the world with my research, or at least the bees with my degree in Toxicology.

I am now a jaded and embittered 35 year old who now understands that a different culture isn't enough to overcome handicaps that my lack of social development has now made a permanent feature in me. People are pretty much alike everywhere and I've come to some pretty grim realizations about human nature and the illusionary nature of the potential I thought I had. The current fustercluck of today's politics, further ecological decline and some of the morons running around on TV has done little to assuage me otherwise. I'm in between work that rarely lives up to my master-degree, I prefer to avoid other people. I stopped trying and I'm not sure where I'm heading.

I will take a bit of Cyberpunk please.

Your story sounds a lot like mine in my early 30s. I was definitely jaded and burned out, and dog shit poor.

So I finally made some huge changes in my life and it improved drastically. Really I just quit trying to be smart and out think everything. Learned to appreciate the simpler, stupid things in life.

With that just about every part of my life improved.

So hang in there. I think you are going through a fairly common life phase, and as you age, it gets easier.

I was 30, since then I have changed the industry I'm in 3 times, moved to a different state, bought and sold my first house, bought a second one, had 2 more kids, learned permaculture gardening, learned to hunt and process deer myself, started a side business selling foraged wild herbs/roots/etc online, and now I'm building out a self sufficient homestead and organic production farm with my new partner.

My step dad games. I think hes late 50s now. He is excited for CP2077.
Post automatically merged:

I was 34 years old when I heard about CP77.

Three years later not much has changed. Still driving a truck and living on the road. No house or apartment, just living in a semi, saving/investing as much as possible, and still on track to retire in about 5 years and never have to work again.

At that point I will probably settle down and maybe grow up... Maybe.
Living in your car and retiring in 5 years? Would you mind telling us your secret?
It's not robbing banks is it?

I was in my mid-30s back then, working somewhere I later started to hate. Now I have two kids, moved country, have a job that I love and that makes me able to purchase any game I fancy. Very much looking forward to play this over the Christmas holiday.

I was an adult when the game was announced, so not too much...I'm just nearly a decade older.

I imagine the game's release must be pretty wild though for people who were teens when the first trailer hit and now maybe have a wife or husband, kids, full time job, and the white picket fence.

I can't even imagine what's that like, since when I was young there was really no such thing as pre-release hype. No internet, maybe you read about something on the horizon in a magazine but that's about it.

Buying games generally boiled down to looking at the box art and back cover of something you'd never heard of before, trying to figure out from that whether it looked or sounded good, and hoping for the best.

Top Bottom