How the heck did this one get under my radar?

+
How the heck did this one get under my radar?

Just checked my Gmail account and noticed this in the 'Social' coloumn...

Anyone know for sure what was announced? I just don't think I'm lucky enough for CDPR to be doing a decent Conan game...

Some images looked like Gerald from the Witcher 3 trailer. I'm guessing Slimgrin is right on this one.

CDPR tends to work with multiple publishers depending on the region. So for TW2, they used WB in North America. It was Namco Bandai over seas, a different one in Japan, etc. I'm guessing they'll stick with WB for sometime since they have a promotional agreement with them. And WB has deep pockets for promoting a product.

CDPR tends to work with multiple publishers depending on the region. So for TW2, they used WB in North America. It was Namco Bandai over seas, a different one in Japan, etc. I'm guessing they'll stick with WB for sometime since they have a promotional agreement with them. And WB has deep pockets for promoting a product.

they also have a movie studio.....

they also have a movie studio.....

The role of a "publisher" for a CDPR game is basically just distribution-related, and only for the retail copies of the game. CDPR keep full control over everything else, and the "publisher" has very limited rights. Who publishes doesn't really have any special relevance to anything else - CDPR may partner with the same people for multiple projects, or may use someone else.

Didn't CDPR get some freaky one off deal with MS for free updates to Witcher 2? MS has some no-free-content on Live or something and CDPR said too bad.

As far as I know, CDPR is pretty tough on keeping controlof their stuff. After all they have GoG, so if publishers don't want what amounts to nearly free money to make distribution a little better for CDPR, it's no biggie for the Poles. They have GoG - a service I find better than even Steam. *Cue anti-Steam comments.

Didn't CDPR get some freaky one off deal with MS for free updates to Witcher 2? MS has some no-free-content on Live or something and CDPR said too bad.

As far as I know, CDPR is pretty tough on keeping controlof their stuff. After all they have GoG, so if publishers don't want what amounts to nearly free money to make distribution a little better for CDPR, it's no biggie for the Poles. They have GoG - a service I find better than even Steam. *Cue anti-Steam comments.

They released the EE for consoles, nothing after that. There was no DLC available after the EE, free or otherwise. It's great we get so much stuff for free on PC. The trade off being that PC is frequently the testing ground for multi-platform titles. We get the crappy version first, but it gets improved later.

As for Steam, I think all software clients should die in a fire. GoG is so much more efficient and easy to use it's not even funny.

Top Bottom