How to Fix Curved Fishbowl type HUD?

+
Hey there.

Just now playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time in November 2023 and I am wanting to make the HUD and screen to not appear 'Curved' as if you were looking thru a fishbowl. The text and menus etc all curve as shown in the attached pic.
Surely there is a way to make my HUD to be horizontal and straight like my non-curved monitor is. I don't like the curved warped look.
Is there a setting I need to change or is this the design intent for it to look like this?

Thanks
Randy

Attachments

• Cyberpunk screen 1.png
    Cyberpunk screen 1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 154

Ampee

Forum regular
As for the ingame HUD (not the menu) there will be an option for this so you can disable this "curved" effect. 2.1 Dec 5, free update. (That is if you play Ps5, XboxSeries, or PC...Last gen won't be getting that update).

As far as I know, there's no way to change it or any plans to implement something like that. It's sort of the universal design of the HUD -- the character actually "sees" it in the game world. The curve is simulating the tech being projected within the actual eye. It's an effect of basic cyberware that everyone in society would have (pretty much like modern day smartphones).

There is the new simplified UI with 2.1. Maybe that will be more what you're looking for.

So, are you saying that there is an update coming on 12/05/23 that will allow you to disable the curved effect, or is that option already implemented. What exactly is the option to disable the curved effect? I have auto update on, so any current updates should already be loaded up.

So, are you saying that there is an update coming on 12/05/23 that will allow you to disable the curved effect, or is that option already implemented. What exactly is the option to disable the curved effect? I have auto update on, so any current updates should already be loaded up.
No. Not the curved effect. That would likely require a total rebuild of all of the 2D assets, and that's almost certainly not going to happen on CDPR's end. Mods may offer something in that regard.

The new "minimal" HUD will likely disable certain features (minimap, compass, message pop-ups, weapon status, etc.) It may simply make the curved stuff less noticeable. You should be able to find the toggle in the options menu. Aside from that, the HUD is what the HUD is.

Ampee

Forum regular
No. Not the curved effect. That would likely require a total rebuild of all of the 2D assets, and that's almost certainly not going to happen on CDPR's end. Mods may offer something in that regard.

The new "minimal" HUD will likely disable certain features (minimap, compass, message pop-ups, weapon status, etc.) It may simply make the curved stuff less noticeable. You should be able to find the toggle in the options menu. Aside from that, the HUD is what the HUD is.
I'm sorry but I'm confused. This is what CDRP just announced in the 2.1 update, they indeed add the option to "remove" the effect:
Update 2.1 — Accessibility Features | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED
"Remove HUD Lens Distortion"

Top Bottom