How to open TW1 .mod files in djinn?

+
How to open TW1 .mod files in djinn?

I can open the .adv adventures, but how does one open the original .mod files located in the data folder. Thanks.

Copy one of the .mod files (or all of them) to the folder that contains the adventures. The path to the folder is usually as follows:

Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher(Windows Vista\7)

or

Shared Documents\The Witcher (XP).

Now, rename the extension: .mod -> .adv
e.g. ice_plains.mod -> ice_plains.adv

Now start Djinni, choose Module, Open Module and choose: ice_plains.adv.

You can open the area, see the area properties, placeables, triggers, sound objects, waypoints and actionpoints. Actually, you won't be able to see any scripts.
If you click on a trigger and try to open a script by clicking the NSS icon, you will see nothing, or rather:

void main()
{

}

because all the Witcher scripts are compiled.

Copy one of the .mod files (or all of them) to the folder that contains the adventures. The path to the folder is usually as follows:

Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher(Windows Vista\7)

or

Shared Documents\The Witcher (XP).

Now, rename the extension: .mod -> .adv
e.g. ice_plains.mod -> ice_plains.adv

Now start Djinni, choose Module, Open Module and choose: ice_plains.adv.

You can open the area, see the area properties, placeables, triggers, sound objects, waypoints and actionpoints. Actually, you won't be able to see any scripts.
If you click on a trigger and try to open a script by clicking the NSS icon, you will see nothing, or rather:

void main()
{

}

because all the Witcher scripts are compiled.
Amazingly, after 11 years, this post helped me a lot. Thank you! I have spent a lot of time searching for the name text of areas in order to translate it, and I found it in .mod file with your post. After finishing the project, I will add fantasta to the credit.

Top Bottom