How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

+
I don't have sufficient privileges to post a new topic but would be grateful for advice on a situation I've encountered a couple of times in the past week - that of my opponent using multiple leader abilities. On both occasions both my opponent and I were playing NG in seasonal mode with the ability to copy a card from the opponents hand. On one occasion my opponent copied the same card in my hand five times (Damien de la Tour wasn't in play); on the second one of my cards was copied twice and another one once. I'd love to know how this is possible.

IMO, almost every time these claims about cheating are from people being puzzled because they do not know explicitly the mechanics of the game or just do not wish to think how it could have been possible.

I assume that to cheat in Gwent someone has to literally crack the game on their machine, and this would require a decent hacking skill in the first place. This hack then needs to adapt to new updates that come frequently and overwrite previous installation. I doubt very much that people who possess these skills would dedicate their time to hack Gwent - the reward is too low. And even if they did, they would probably just give themselves millions of powder right away, rather than showcase some gained gameplay advantages.
[...] Here are two pictures from the recording, one before the bombardment, one after it. And now be wise, and tell me, why did it made 9 damage, when it should made 7.
Anyhow, anyone from CDPR is watching this topic? No one asked for the recording.

Attachments

• bombardment1.jpg
    bombardment1.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 72
  • bombardment2.jpg
    bombardment2.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
[...] Here are two pictures from the recording, one before the bombardment, one after it. And now be wise, and tell me, why did it made 9 damage, when it should made 7.
Anyhow, anyone from CDPR is watching this topic? No one asked for the recording.

7 damage from Bombardment. However, Bombardment is a warfare card, so it triggered the resupply effect on the ballistas giving them each a charge. Those orders were issued so each of them hit you for one damage. And there's 9 damage...

7 damage from Bombardment. However, Bombardment is a warfare card, so it triggered the resupply effect on the ballistas giving them each a charge. Those orders were issued so each of them hit you for one damage. And there's 9 damage...
Yes, looking for the foltest pride cooldown we can see He took The second print after that turn.

So you are right, balista made more 2 damages and we are in The next turn where balista has active their order again and the opponent problably Just passed

So I just sent a report as "cheating" but I don't think I can actually call it cheating, but the only other option I saw was like chat harassment (which, I didn't even know chat was in this game) so I went with cheating, but I described it as "Gameplay Disruption" just to be safe.

I'm sure we've all had the one guy who knows he's lost and, instead of forfeiting or Alt+F4ing out of rage, all they do is spam the emotes and just wait until the last second to play their cards... If it doesn't count as cheating, I feel like something like this should be considered an offense.

Fitting that his title is "Tyrant."

20210731193833_1_LI.jpg

If it doesn't count as cheating
It most certainly does not. Taunts are in the game so that players can use them. If someone annoys you just mute them. There is an option to mute all taunts, too.

The report system is a tool for reporting legitimate issues, in this case legitimate cheating. Someone simply being annoying is NOT a valid reason for reporting them.

It most certainly does not. Taunts are in the game so that players can use them. If someone annoys you just mute them. There is an option to mute all taunts, too.

The report system is a tool for reporting legitimate issues, in this case legitimate cheating. Someone simply being annoying is NOT a valid reason for reporting them.
The thing is, I had it muted already because I don't like taunts to begin with, but when they literally wait until the last second to do anything, I notice that their leader is doing the motions of the emote, despite having them muted, so they're clearly trying to disrupt the game. I click on their icon to see if there's any option to report them for disrupting the game (since they clearly are just being a sore loser), which unmuted them.

I wish there were more options or easier ways to report or deal with poor sportsmanship in this game because it's a legitimate issue to me. I don't care how much they taunt or why they taunt, I just want them to be punished for being a sore loser and disrupting the flow of the game by literally dragging out the match as long as they can get away with.

It's an online multiplayer game. There are going to be all kinds of players playing it, and everyone is going to have to deal with everyone else.

There is no rule against emoting, and I don't see why there ever would be. It is not "disrupting the game", it's literally part of the game, and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be punished for it.

It's an online multiplayer game. There are going to be all kinds of players playing it, and everyone is going to have to deal with everyone else.

There is no rule against emoting, and I don't see why there ever would be. It is not "disrupting the game", it's literally part of the game, and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be punished for it.
You're missing jokoolaid's problem.
... all they do is spam the emotes and just wait until the last second to play their cards...
jokoolaid is talking about roping. Which is very annoying, but still not cheating.

Not so much a cheating issue, but I've got a "WTF happened" odd interaction question...

I was playing NR against SY. They played Azar and paid the tribute to spawn two 1 point + 1 armor defender scarabs. I played boiling oil expecting to kill one scarab and purify the other. Instead I did just 1 point of armor damage and then had to proceed to use three charges from my mages to clear them up so I could go after the card they were defending. What happened that I missed?

I did, because it's rather clear the emoting is an issue for them. Please stop quoting me; you are contributing nothing.
It's clear that you didn't see the part where I said "I don't care how much they taunt." As mentioned here:
You're missing jokoolaid's problem.

jokoolaid is talking about roping. Which is very annoying, but still not cheating.
Thank you! I was unaware of the term for it.

As I mentioned in my first post, when I go to see if there's an option for reporting someone for this, the only options for reporting someone (which, btw, requires going through the website and contacting the support team) are cheating, chat harassment, and inappropriate username. I just sent it as cheating in the hope that someone would see that someone is disrupting the game. I may have misworded my post when I said "if it's not cheating" which, I figured it wasn't, but I simply meant that this, and other disruptive behavior, should be considered added as a reportable offenses.
Post automatically merged:

Edit: After a quick search, I'd also like to point out that roping is a reportable offense in other games like Magic the Gathering: https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/1497

Last edited:
@jokoolaid Thank you for your persistence. While some players don't consider this offensive, it certainly detracts from the experience everyone desires when deciding to sit and play a game for a while, which is having fun. You may elect to check other browser tabs while the roper does their thing, but ideally you should have means to prevent this from happening in the future.

If your idea of fun is prolonging dead lost matches and annoy the opposition, then it should be a reportable offense. I hope CDPR will add this as the game evolves.

Not liking how a person plays (as long as it is within the rules) is no basis for reporting an offense. If it were to become one, a higher priority should go to stomp out impatient play: spamming hurry up taunts before the servers even allow the other player to move, forfeiting before you even see the nature of the opposing deck, etc.

And don’t even get me started on those players who dare to play a card with their left hand!

[...]
I just want them to be punished for being a sore loser and disrupting the flow of the game by literally dragging out the match as long as they can get away with.
Aren't they punished enough with just beeing sore losers?
Aren't you calling yourself for the same thing they do? Just be the better human beeing and chuckle at the sore ones.

Yes roping sucks! Play battlerush!

Top Bottom