How to Report Players for Cheating or Using Exploits

+
I don't have a problem with this kind of thing as I've done it myself. Sometimes this kind of tactic doesn't guarantee the result that you want but it might help.

If you don't want to play a card (for example "Scorch" will kill your own unit), you can discard it (chose the card and put it in the graveyard). You don't have to wait for the timer to discard your card.

Is manipulating random targets possible by hacking?

Hello.

Following has happened to me at least twice.

Recent game card involved: Herkja(with order)
Last remembered card involved: Tridam Infantry(on Vit)

Both having a chance to hit random target at the end of the round.

I will describe what happened in paheses:
1) enemy's thinking for quite some time
2) suddenly he actions everything together, plays his card, using orders on current cards etc
3) but just when he's supposed to finish his turn to trigger the effect of the card, he moves his mouse over that card(this card highlights red obviously), and then hits my important engine with 1hp remaining(among several targets, resulting in low chance for that to happen)

Of course this could be just a random event, but I wonder why would enemy move his mouse like he wanted to select a target for that card before he passes - just before the effect goes random as intended.

This caught my eye, because I rarely see people move their cursors over specific cards with no manual function to trigger.

He was a true believer in RNGesus. God granted him is wish. Nothing to with manipulation, rather a true dedication to the prayer.

Where can i report a player? Im pretty sure im not supposed to divulge his name here on the forums, you mods usually censor that information.

The player in question is constantly forfeiting in seasonal. He's the player i've faced the most by far, probably 15-20 times in the past week, and every match, he uses Lockdown, plays 1 card, then forfeits.

Im guessing he's just exploiting XP, using Lockdown so maybe opponents immediately forfeit when they see the leader and gets a free win.

@DRK3, post moved to the relevant thread. You can try to report the user, but it depends on how often (s)he exploits the game, whether or not CDPR will act on it.

I just had a match where a card was locked out of nowhere - no card played, no leader ability used & I cannot for the life of me figure out how that happened.

Where can i report a player? Im pretty sure im not supposed to divulge his name here on the forums, you mods usually censor that information.

The player in question is constantly forfeiting in seasonal. He's the player i've faced the most by far, probably 15-20 times in the past week, and every match, he uses Lockdown, plays 1 card, then forfeits.

Im guessing he's just exploiting XP, using Lockdown so maybe opponents immediately forfeit when they see the leader and gets a free win.

Why would you report someone who is giving you free wins ?
He is one of the few who does that, driven by incentitives created by CDPR.
Not that he does it in ranked, and not that having him banned will give any of the playerbase more enjoyment out of the game. Only hurting him, as the only answer by CDPR is a permaban for any unkown reason. Just think about the amount of time he spent in this game.

Because exploiting the game is a clear violation of the User License Agreement that every player has agreed to follow.

If a law cannot be enforced morally, given the incentitives that ecourages the opposite actions than what the law dictates. Then what good is the law ?

This so called exploit, has existed since the launch of homecoming. Yet the development team did nothing to change what they label as an exploit.
Yet they are to enforce punishment that is severe enough to wipe out 1500 hours of playtime the guy has put in this game.
I dont see any morality in that.

Last edited:
An interesting view, to be sure -- and not interesting in a good way. But, it's not up to you whom others do or don't report and why, or what action is or isn't taken and why.

I'm not to force any decision. I'm only to question the morality of the law.
The guy who does exploit by forfeiting, knows very well that what he does is against the rules. Hence why he does it in seasonal.
But given the incentitives to do so have been present since the launch of HC, developers have been aware of them, and yet we want to punish an individual for negligence of the developers.

Not only did that guy purchase premium journey, and perhaps other in-game purchases, but also played 1000 hours legitimately. And we are to wipe this progress, because the developers are reluctant, for any unkown reason, to dedicate less than 10 hours of their time, to fix the system.

Last edited:
Why would you report someone who is giving you free wins ?
He is one of the few who does that, driven by incentitives created by CDPR.
Not that he does it in ranked, and not that having him banned will give any of the playerbase more enjoyment out of the game. Only hurting him, as the only answer by CDPR is a permaban for any unkown reason. Just think about the amount of time he spent in this game.

First of all, how exactly do you know which guy im talking about? I only mentioned his name in my report, which isnt public, so i assume you also have been matched with him several times and he fits my description.

Second, i dont need free wins. Maybe when i am using Stockpile or Invigorate, which are some of the few abilities i still dont have Mastery and each win comes rarely, but in general, i wanna play real games - i even forfeit vs artefact quest users because they're wasting my time and i wont allow it.

Thirdly, the guy doing this exploit, i dont even know if he's actually playing, it could be a script or a bot or whatever. And he's doing this not only to get regular XP but to progress on Journey tremendously fast, which can be seen by the cosmetics he exhibits, that are fairly advanced on the journey. Its not fair for other users progressing Journey legitimately.

Thirdly, the guy doing this exploit, i dont even know if he's actually playing, it could be a script or a bot or whatever. And he's doing this not only to get regular XP but to progress on Journey tremendously fast, which can be seen by the cosmetics he exhibits, that are fairly advanced on the journey. Its not fair for other users progressing Journey legitimately.

He is playing, ive spoken with him and he is not boting.
You cant progress through jorney tremendously fast. The max you can do is some 23 levels a week. And you have to win a single round in order to progress. So that doesen't add up.

From what I know, he did it fairly recently. Which is why banning him is a propostrous idea, that doesen't fix underlying inctentitives. How many players do we have to ban before this 'xp exploit' will get fixed ? How many hours, and monetary investments of the players are to be wiped, due to developers negligence to fix this 'exploit' ? Or atleast to disperse proper punishment, which isn't a braindead permaban. (Surely you can argue that some proper punishment is in order, as I explained to the player that what he does is against the rules, yet you can't change incentitives with words of reasoning)

First of all, how exactly do you know which guy im talking about? I only mentioned his name in my report, which isnt public, so i assume you also have been matched with him several times and he fits my description.

Second, i dont need free wins. Maybe when i am using Stockpile or Invigorate, which are some of the few abilities i still dont have Mastery and each win comes rarely, but in general, i wanna play real games - i even forfeit vs artefact quest users because they're wasting my time and i wont allow it.

What does an exploit mean in video gaming? It means taking the full advantage of a game's fault to benefit yourself. Remember a couple season's ago assimilate was completely broken? As long as I remember it was triggering 2 times when you played a card. Some people were taking the advantage of it to rank up on ladder. That was an exploit and cdpr had to fix it in two hours. Now you normally get xp for playing matches here, which is the most normal and usual thing according to the way this game was built. And according to your speech that guy is literally just playing the game and it's up to him if he wants to continue a match. He is not forced to complete the match. If he was forced to continue then gwent wouldn't be a game. And I think cdpr is well aware of that and that's why they added the forfeit button. So I think he is using the most legitimate way to benefit himself.

Last edited:
This thread is a place to assist users with possible exploits and how to report those players abusing it. It's not meant for discussing whether or not the behavior is appropriate/acceptable or not. That's up to CDPR to decide. We don't know which penalty, if any, CDPR will impose. Maybe first-time offenders will only get a warning or a temporary ban. Either way, once a player has been reported, it's out of our hands. And the discussion ends there too.

from his achieved contracts it looks like he started 14/4/2020 to play gwent

at this point he has like 9750 gg received (around 2500 wins)

aproximately 100 games each day nonstop? (as not everyone is giving gg)

plsyed just one card in each round

its worth to report it or nobody cares?

Top Bottom