How to solve GWENT meta decks scourge forever.

+
Karolis.petrikas;n8954220 said:
Please ground your arguments. If it is too complicated then why. Complicated to whom devs or players?

Are we trying to solve the same problem? I am proposing a solution to meta deck scourge, not RNG which sidedeck solves.
Both requires some quite complicated coding to be done.

Meta cannot be solved, even using tournament rules.
Gwent Challenger showed it.

No reason to complicate rules, just play casual if you want to have fun outside meta.

I don't mind meta decks. Just play casual if you wanna have a break from the latest cancer deck. I personally always play my own shit, whether it's weak or strong. I've done it that way in every game I've ever played, and not bothering with the meta has always proven to be more enjoyable for me, and I progressed just as fast as if I copied some strategy from the internet.

You can't get rid of the meta. Even with your suggestion.

For the rocord, I like your idea and I'd appreciate it as a seperate play mode for gwent, but I like the current random ranked mode too.

Last edited:

Guest 4021160

The summary and conclusion as this thread is dying:
1. Most people liked this idea as a tournament mode rather then changing current ranked or creating an alternative to it.
2. The game is not balanced, it is in beta and the volume of cards is somewhat lacking, therefore we should wait for that to change.
3. Creating this mode would only make 3 metas instead of 1.
4. Solving the problem in this way is an overkill, but no one expressed why. Some analogies on mosquitos and flamethrowers were stated instead.
5. Another overkill solution to the problem was to BAN ALL STREAMERS.

anything else community?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain to me the meaning of the terms "meta" deck, side deck, RNG? Ive been searching google and i still cant figure out what it means in terms of gwent

Strudelnog;n9454521 said:
Can someone explain to me the meaning of the terms "meta" deck, side deck, RNG? Ive been searching google and i still cant figure out what it means in terms of gwent

Meta: whatever deck is popular and established.
Side deck: Gwent doesn't have this, but in Magic the Gathering you can put cards in a side deck. Then when you face the opponent you can swap out cards based on what you expect (s)he'll play.
RNG: Random Number Generator, aka being (un)lucky and decks/mechanics that require luck to function.

God. Thank you that explains a lot. When the word meta is being tossed around I think of "meta" as in abstraction. So now im thinking it has something to do with mulligan or spell tactics rather than units. I was so so confused for a bit there.

There might be the problem of making matchmaking longer each time a new multiplayer mode is implemented because part of the player base migrates to what they like most. But as long as it's still healthily enough, then it's ok.

Only solution is to make game perfectly balanced and that is insanely hard.

It's not. Every time they are close to make it perfectly balanced they scramble the mechanics and it starts all over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom