How We Do Things

+
Cat pics? You really think that?

Seriously, if you need another PM explaining why you were banned, we will provide it. In the meantime, we really will NOT discuss this in the public forum. And you may consider that a warning.

Cat pics? You really think that?

Seriously, if you need another PM explaining why you were banned, we will provide it. In the meantime, we really will NOT discuss this in the public forum. And you may consider that a warning.

Seriously? You threaten him again?! Who the hell do you think you are? No wonder you don't want to discuss it, you are clearly wrong. Other moderators doesn't go beyond covering for you. What other reason did you have for banning him? I mean seriously. It seems to me you are the only person to have problems with him.

Also what else could you mean by previous incidents? Did he use hateful/racist language? What did he really do?

Forum veteran
Haha, it's funny you say that because the first thing which came to me was Montell's "this is how we do it".
Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head all week. You're truly the worst kind of person.

All i said was, "some suckers want same type of thing over and over again"
Then i talked about same people verbally assaulted me before called them "fanatic a-holes".
I got both banned AND received an infraction for making a joke to a friend, saying "you are not great on reading side are you"
I don't understand how you can look at all of these things together and wonder how anyone could possibly take the third one in a different tone than the other two. A hostile tone is totally transitive, yo, because the things you've said up to that point (the first two) serve as context for the third. Even if you meant it differently, can't you see how someone could read it differently than you intended it?

Seriously? You threaten him again?! Who the hell do you think you are?
That's... probably not the phrasing most conducive to a fulfilling discussion on the subject.

Let's all take a deep breath and remember how awesome that "this is how we do it" song is.

I don't understand how you can look at all of these things together and wonder how anyone could possibly take the third one in a different tone than the other two. A hostile tone is totally transitive, yo, because the things you've said up to that point (the first two) serve as context for the third. Even if you meant it differently, can't you see how someone could read it differently than you intended it?

They were not all in same post.. There were several posts between them. It wasn't even a heated argument or something.. So, my tone wasn't really hostile unless you take it out of context. (Since i wasn't even really referring to anyone)

Forum veteran
They were not all in same post.. There were several posts between them. It wasn't even a heated argument or something.. So, my tone wasn't really hostile unless you take it out of context. (Since i wasn't even really referring to anyone)
Whether you were referring to anyone specific in the first two doesn't matter, though. All that matters is that it seemed like you were taking it personal (as most posts with the phrase "fanatic a-holes" tend to be) and that then provided a context for the other things you said. Even if they're not in the same post, tone tends to be spread out over one's posts in a thread unless there's something signalling a break in that tone. Like a stupid discussion over a starfish or something.

I think it's because no one can see you walk away from the keyboard and do other stuff, so the context changes for you but not for the other participants in the thread. Kind of weird when you think about it, actually.

Whether you were referring to anyone specific in the first two doesn't matter, though. All that matters is that it seemed like you were taking it personal (as most posts with the phrase "fanatic a-holes" tend to be) and that then provided a context for the other things you said. Even if they're not in the same post, tone tends to be spread out over one's posts in a thread unless there's something signalling a break in that tone. Like a stupid discussion over a starfish or something.

I think it's because no one can see you walk away from the keyboard and do other stuff, so the context changes for you but not for the other participants in the thread. Kind of weird when you think about it, actually.

Please, read and you be the judge of that:
http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/1437-Shadowrun-Returns/page3?highlight=shadowrun
(Pages 3 and 4)

What did i have to take it personal and who did i really had to insult in any of those posts?

That's... probably not the phrasing most conducive to a fulfilling discussion on the subject.

Let's all take a deep breath and remember how awesome that "this is how we do it" song is.

I know, i'm sorry. But people like that gets on my nerves. I asked her please not to threaten people. (Which is a sign of abusing power i said) She said "we hate to threaten people too", apparently that was a lie and apparently she LOVES to threaten people. It seems thats the only way she can feel in charge.

... apparently that was a lie and apparently she LOVES to threaten people. It seems thats the only way she can feel in charge...

A dominant strong woman <--- I absolutely love it! It's always a challenge to tame her like a wild mare...

Dragonbird, If you happen to visit Poland I'll be more than happy to grab a beer with you just pm me ;)

This is the last request in this thread to adhere to forum rules, especially those:

www.cyberpunk.net is the property of CD Projekt RED and as such is continually monitored by forum moderators and CD Projekt RED staff. Moderators and staff have the right to remove any comments or block a user’s ability to add further comments without providing justification for any such action.

• The decisions of forum moderators or CD Projekt RED staff concerning a given user, as well as any related opinions expressed by any of these parties, shall be considered confidential to said parties. As such, they shall not be discussed on www.cyberpunk.net.

This thread was opened to discuss matters related to how the forum is being run, but forum rules still apply here.

Oh gosh, haha, I can't believe dragonbird is under fire, and she's so patient and lenient of all the mods here.

Guys, the reason mods don't want to discuss things out in public is because

1) it's embarrassing for the forum member who was reprimanded/banned. For example the mods can't publicly say that cmdr_flashheart was being unruly, and these are the reasons which prove it, and that's why cmdr was banned. When you do things so openly, it just gets that much worse for the person who was reprimanded/banned. It's another issue, however, if the person shares that info of their own volition.

and

2) when people start discussing mod action on the forum, it just creates unnecessary drama. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone wants to interpret the situation, it's just unnecessary (case in point: this post).

The mods are a bunch of volunteers, okay. They are not the accumulation of everything you dislike in authority figures- they're a bunch of game players like us, and they're tasked with creating an atmosphere of some structure, as defined by the forum rules. We can't blame them for doing what they're tasked to do.

I don't have any particular leanings here, but I can tell you from observing at the witcher forums that these mods are not unfair or biased or unnecessarily mean. Dudes, they're pretty chill people, and you should just get to know them.

Really, there should just be one rule: treat people like you would in real life. If you can't get away with doing something IRL, then you shouldn't expect to do that here.

From my own somewhat extensive forum experience, these forums are like night and day compared to places like MMO-Champion, Diablofans, any other Curse forum really, WoW's official forums, LoL's forums (I mean, seriously), wowhead's forums, Sherdog's forums, and a dozen other places I can't remember just now. The discussions here are long and drawn out in a good way, conducted by people who want to and can discuss things in a civilized manner, as opposed to being just some "lol /10char" -shit you so often see.

To complain about the moderation here is somewhat uncalled for, I think.

Look guys . All I can say is that if you have a problem with any infraction then feel free to PM me and we will discuss it . I can`t guarantee that it will change anything at all but who knows it might change something . Oh and another thing . If any post does offend you then please use the report button feature , that`s what it`s there for . We would much rather you use that instead of personally responding to the point where we have to intervene .

I do like to have some fun now and again , truth be told I don`t like being serious all the time....boring .

Also someone made a point of how to address us . That`s simple just use our name and as for forum laws or something like that I just go with common courtesy as a general rule .

As for Pm`s if you decide to use it do note that I have a full time paying job that has some long hours but I answer all PM`s .

@ thewarsend
I will do my best to ensure that PM`s and/or emails regarding infractions are sent not just to you but for every user that receives one . I would prefer not to have to send any at all or at least keep it to a minimum .

Oh hell... really people...

This mods of this forum are some of the most lenient I have ever seen... and that's from someone who has gotten a few pm warnings here...

Hell, even obvious trolls and whackadoos were given multiple chances, warnings and temporary bans, before they were finally removed permanently...

And even though I think it's just a bit heathen that none of the mods are familiar with the game this is based on, I think they do a fantastic job, and are in fact at the moment my favorite mods of any forum I visit.

Even the ones I know I don't care for me have my respect... so I have their backs... and I have yet to see them make a call that I didn't think was justified.

Edit: While I truly do not like RPGnet most of the time due to it's overzealous modding and general wankery hippy attitude, they do have whats known as an infraction forum, which is kind of a neat idea... anytime a mod takes action against a user, they post the incident and why on a seperate forum section... linking the post(s) that caused it and giving a brief explanation why action was taken. This forum probably isn't big enough, the mods here are probably too busy, and there probably aren't enough mods to make it worth trying here, but it's a neat idea none the less. They also have a section where those mod decisions can be discussed.

Again, I don't necessarily think something like that is necessary here, but it is good to have a place where you can find out why someone got banned instead of having to ask a bunch of questions where things might get inflamed again...

From my own somewhat extensive forum experience, these forums are like night and day compared to places like MMO-Champion, Diablofans, any other Curse forum really, WoW's official forums, LoL's forums (I mean, seriously), wowhead's forums, Sherdog's forums...
Halle-freakin'-lujiah.

Also, props for name-dropping Sherdog. =D

Aww, Wisdom - we ALL love you, without exception. Even when.. and when... yes, always!

And I know everything there is to know about the game. I read Sard's FAQ.

If my dragonbird sarcasm meter is correct.... all the mods hate me, and are likely conspiring in a plot to shuffle my mortal coil...

Dammit, just when the place started to feel like home :(

No, no sarcasm today. I'm still waiting for this week's stock to arrive.
But thank you for not contradicting me about my knowledge of the game. It's got pens. And paper. See, I know everything :)

Regarding the visibility of infractions, I can see your point, but I guess the fact that it's run by the devs does mean that such things aren't supposed to be open for debate within the forums itself. I've only ever moderated at "company" sites, and they've all been like that. The only place I can think of that shows infractions is The Nexus, and they're VERY fast to ban for certain times of infraction, with absolutely no debate - they only display the trophies pour encourager les autres.

It definitely isn't because we're too busy - if you don't count the spambots, I think we've only ever issued bans against three people. You really are a very well-behaved group of forumites :)

Yeahhh...if you have a problem with the mods here, the Internet is going to be a challenging place for you.

Be grateful for mods - they exist for a reason. My WoW clan/guild is unmoderated, more or less by my decree. You do -not- want to read or listen to what we talk about occasionally or some of the things that get said. They will burn holes in your brain. It's also true it's a very, very, very, VERY small amount of people that are comfortable with completely unmoderated conversation or communication.

People are occasionally assholes and, let's be clear, need some reigning in. We're all happy if the bigotry, name-calling, fatigue-caused hate rants and 14 pages of the word "fuck", ( hey, I thought it was funny as hell at the time), don't happen too often.

Anarchy means without leaders, not "without order". Self-order is the idea. But frankly as a species we are nowhere near that.

This forum is actually fairly anarchic, as it lacks discernible leaders and has little externally-imposed order. as a group, we are quite self-governing. Compared to 99% of forums out there.*

A few quite generous guidelines for civilized behaviour are about it.

It is, appropriately, one of the most cyberpunk of discussion forums I've been in. We want you to express yourself, as whoever you choose to be, however you choose to do so, without harming others. And in doing so, maybe improve things a bit for everyone and yourself. WHILST LABOURING UNDER CORPORATE CONTROL. FROM POLAND.

Pretty cyberpunk. FROM POLAND.

*Statistic compiled purely from my own skin sample.

Top Bottom