huge difficulty spikes?

+
i been playing a while with my current character and got up to level 36 ish, in this mission you return to where took place, took me like 20 times and this mission was a moderate difficulty, i have had easier high difficulty missions by far, anyone else having issues like that? its only been like that for one mission so far but it was so jaring

Try playing sneaky for when the, enter the military base missions come up.

But I think the main issue comes with enemy scaling.
Don't have the link with me but one of the fallout new vegas devs made an interesting post explaining it. And what they felt was wrong with CP2077

Try playing sneaky for when the, enter the military base missions come up.

But I think the main issue comes with enemy scaling.
Don't have the link with me but one of the fallout new vegas devs made an interesting post explaining it. And what they felt was wrong with CP2077
I'd give my left nut to see that post

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F637854046208786432
I believe this is the specific one. Now, please, your left nut.
the part where he talks about weapons and mods/scopes with the numbers being so "petty" rings loudest to me and here
31ZLQMd3dPL.__AC_QL70_ML2_.jpg

okay my bad, turns out i am just terrible at this game, i missed my gear so most of the mission was me trying to fight the enemies with terrible gear i picked off enemies, if i just went for my gear this wouldnt have been difficult

The only difficulty spike I've seen so far is from those MaxTac(?) guys with the purple hoses at maximum stars. I think their hits ignore armor resistance.

I never really went into a bad spike diff. Certain enemies can be cheap. Like the shotgun AI's hit you farther than the player. You can't hear people sneak up to you. When they're just walking. Or when you have a companion NEVER WARN YOU from behind. Or when they dodge. Because they know when your Sniper Rifle is locked on to their head. But that's usual AI tactics. Hoenstly I wish the boss fights where harder. Once you figure out a weakness. Or run away during a certain phase. They suck. Main examples: Sasquatch and Smasher. Don't use guns on Sas. Melee target the purple spine, dead in seconds. Smasher. Avoid his rocket spam. Attack with sword, run, and repeat. Sasquatch is the only AI boss that actively hacks into the player.

The only difficulty spike I have, is with the "beat on the brat" side mission chain involving fistfights.

Im now lvl 34ish, with 20 reflex and 16 body amd 900+ armor and I am knocked down in two or less hits by "moderate" difficulty opponent.
What is even more troubling, is that dodging simply doesn't work against these opponents. They will auto-track and hit regardless if you dodge or not (and I know, because I have kerenzikov and succesful dodge means slow-motion. Then in slow-motion I see the opponent swivel and track me with their fist and knock me on my ass.)

This means that ONLY parries can work against these enemies, and did I mention that my hits do like 0.5% per hit? They KO me in two hits? And blocking does nothing?

There is something seriously wrong with these fistfight missions, judging how laughably easy everything else is.

The only difficulty spike I have, is with the "beat on the brat" side mission chain involving fistfights.

Im now lvl 34ish, with 20 reflex and 16 body amd 900+ armor and I am knocked down in two or less hits by "moderate" difficulty opponent.
What is even more troubling, is that dodging simply doesn't work against these opponents. They will auto-track and hit regardless if you dodge or not (and I know, because I have kerenzikov and succesful dodge means slow-motion. Then in slow-motion I see the opponent swivel and track me with their fist and knock me on my ass.)

This means that ONLY parries can work against these enemies, and did I mention that my hits do like 0.5% per hit? They KO me in two hits? And blocking does nothing?

There is something seriously wrong with these fistfight missions, judging how laughably easy everything else is.

The dodging mechanic is poorly explained, and works similar to counter attacking, in that you have a small window where it works, otherwise the enemy tracks. I've noticed that in all cases in the Beat on the Brat scenarios that walking backwards slowly while they run towards you allows you to properly dodge. You have to wait until the windup animation on the attack finishes, most of the time the punch needs to be nearly to you before you can dodge backwards. Dodging kicks to the side is a similar window, but is even weirder. If you side dodge the kick prior to the knee extending for most kicks then it will track, but if you wait for the knee to start thrusting the foot towards you you can dodge side to side. The hard one is being kneed in every scenario I tested dodging a knee requires the pre-motion where the NPC hands come down to start, AND the foot has to be coming off the ground or the knee tracks, which is difficult because you can't track the hand motion and foot motion at the same time.

I experience huge difficulty spikes especially during the boxing matches, where I beat the entire game on normal without any issues, but boxing somehow takes 20 minutes to complete, with you losing once you take more than 2 hits. Luckily Biomonitors exist and for some reason are legal in these matches.

9/10

i saved the beat on the brat missions for last and even though my character can one shot kill enemies now, my weak little fists do almost nothing lol. i proceeded to go back doing random encounters and beating enemies up with my fists, this seemed to have helped a bit but progress is slow. might be a bug? don't know. it just seems weird that the mission is marked very low difficulty, but i need to hit the guy like a 100 times with my fists to knock him out

Top Bottom