I hate romance options!

+
This subject will never become irrelevant :LOL:

Well I can only repeat what I've said before - the main thing for RPG is private roleplaying experience, all 4 characters available for romance should be bi, OR, there should be more options. Sexuality in RPG is nothing but a tag, and I see no reason why some particular character can not be in love with female for one player, and with male for another.

I'm sure nobody complains about the fact Kratos is hetero, and Ellie is lesbian, because these are linear games which shows us one exact scenario, but the very point of RPG is giving the freedom of choice to the player.

In Cyberpunk, we can't even roleplay as paragon or renegade, can't take sides and choose an allies and influence main quest somehow. The lack of romance options is just one problem among the others...

Ha! Threads like these always remind me of the first time I played Dragon Age Inquisition. I really wanted to romance the character Dorian (who is now my favourite in the series). Alas, though unfortunately I couldn't as I played as a female and the character was actually gay. I wasn't happy ha so I can kind of share people's pain haha

Still I do have to agree that the romance options in this particular game isn't the best, I didn't find anyone apart from my Jackiepoo remotely interesting.

I think in that game also you can't romance all of them... Some character choose certain gender to allow you to romance them.
Never said you can romance all of them. But for each sex there is at least 2 options.

Where you got that stat? Many dudes play as a female character, I think that Dev made Judy as gay is because of that reason.
Fair poit.
The issue is lack content. If you don't like your only option then you get nothing.

I might have missed it but DAI has flirting options even for characters that you can't actually romance.
Post automatically merged:

Well I can only repeat what I've said before - the main thing for RPG is private roleplaying experience, all 4 characters available for romance should be bi, OR, there should be more options. Sexuality in RPG is nothing but a tag, and I see no reason why some particular character can not be in love with female for one player, and with male for another.
Making everyone bisexual is not the solution. 2 bi option is ok but immersion should not be broken. The prime exmpale is Cassandra from DAI. She is a conservative religious person.
I think 2 well written options for each sex would be fine.

Making everyone bisexual is not the solution. 2 bi option is ok but immersion should not be broken. The prime exmpale is Cassandra from DAI. She is a conservative religious person
Immersion won't be broken if provide different dialogs for male and female protagonists. As it was in Dragon Age 2, all characters were bi but they reacted differently on male and female Hawk.

The best is just to give more characters available for romance, of course. But seems like this is not the option for Cyberpunk, the game is shortened and cut in every way possible

Fair poit.
The issue is lack content. If you don't like your only option then you get nothing.

I might have missed it but DAI has flirting options even for characters that you can't actually romance.

I seems to agree with your opinion, if you point that out. DAI will give early hints also. But I still don't like if people request Judy to be BI, better add new character with better personality. I like Blue Moon to be my gay partner, I think she's cute.

50 hours into the game, so far I wasnt able to ask Judy if she is into guys.

If you are 50 hours into the game and haven't figured out that Judy isn't into guys without being able to directly asked her either you aren't paying enough attention or you are just oblivious.

Who you can or can not romance is a consequence of your choices. Don't like it change your choices or go buy a dating sim.

Well I can only repeat what I've said before - the main thing for RPG is private roleplaying experience, all 4 characters available for romance should be bi

And I'll repeat what I have said before to. No, just no. This is just fucking stupid. This just reduces them all to the same F hole just with different faces.

Who you can romance is a consequence of your choices. Don't like it make different choices or go buy a dating sim.

....there should be more options.

Agreed

Last edited:
If you are 50 hours into the game and haven't figured out that Judy isn't into guys without being able to directly asked her either you aren't paying enough attention or you are just oblivious.

Who you can or can not romance is a consequence of your choices. Don't like it change your choices or go buy a dating sim.
Could you elaborate? I just entered the third act. She asked for help. Text messages or calls reveal nothing about her sexuality. The only lead is that she had some sort of relationship with Evelyn.

Who you can romance is a consequence of your choices. Don't like it make different choices or go buy a dating sim.
Srsly what kind of choices are you talking about? Is my sexuality a choice now? :D Dude you just keep repeating this dating sim shit.
This is supposed to be a next gen role playing game. It would be understandable if I did something WRONG and the NPC "chose" not to date me. But there is no such choice here. You are given ONE and ONLY ONE option.

Last edited:
Could you elaborate? I just entered the third act. She asked for help. Text messages or calls reveal nothing about her sexuality. The only lead is that she had some sort of relationship with Evelyn.

Srsly what kind of choices are you talking about? Is my sexuality a choice now? :D Dude you just keep repeating this dating sim shit.
This is supposed to be a next gen role playing game. It would be understandable if I did something WRONG and the NPC "chose" not to date me. But there is no such choice here. You are given ONE and ONLY ONE option.

Actually there is small hint, you can talk to her after you first met her during BD session. Asking to meet her again and she said don't bring T-Bug.

Actually there is small hint, you can talk to her after you first met her during BD session. Asking to meet her again and she said don't bring T-Bug.
How is that a hint at her sexuality? I just thought she didnt like net runners messing with her systems.

In my first play of the Panam shackup I steered the convo with the playfull "hotel california" line. That was quite funny to do really. I also didnt think she'd be having it right then and there.
I tried just for funzies with a save, and indeed... Got shutdown. (Didnt know at that point it was because I was female)
So I was like: aww :(

Then I did the races with Claire with was more of a letdown at the time.
So ultimately I just said... Fuck it, Judy it is. And when she at some point mentioned her lesbianity I was like.. alright, here we go. And as soon as the diving date rocked up it was in the basket.

I never went out of my way to see who else was romancible then, i didn't care anymore.

Btw, the preference thing I'm cool with, feels more real. I wouldn't have problems with you being able to find out the preferences via dialogue or something beforehand.

Last edited:

I'll hide this is a spoiler tab just in case....

Judy drops hints every so often during your time spent with her. I don't have any direct quotes right off the top of my head. She never really directly tells you until you are down in the lake where she all but says it when she talks about her first crush. There is also the lack of things she says as well and any time she talks about romantic/smoochy type stuff a guy is never involved.

Top Bottom