What’s coming in Update 2.0: Revamped Police

+

Take a look at one of the new features coming to Cyberpunk 2077 in the free Update 2.0 for the base game, which will be available on current-gen consoles and PCs: a revamped Police system!

We rebuilt the system on clear, simple rules: criminal activity is punished, runners are chased and cyberpsychos are flatlined, no questions asked. All features in the system are designed to support clarity and the simple but expanded prevention loop.

The punishment for those who don't abide by the law must be severe — we cannot encourage cyberpsychos to run around the city, guns blazing, even in Night City. UI will clearly indicate all states of the prevention system — Heat. For those who reach the maximum Heat (5 stars), we have a surprise Max Tac mini-boss experience including various archetypes of them. For those who decide to run, we prepared engaging car chases and roadblocks to make the escape more difficult.

The new NCPD will have no mercy once they catch you. They will not accept any bribes from you nor your surrender.

As a player, you will know when the police are not after you anymore. NPCs will leave the scene in a way that is natural and intuitive. You can lose them by running away from the crime scene on foot or driving away. Make sure to stay out of their sight!

All the features we have in store are meant to be fun to play with. We don't want to stop you as a player, punish you too often or break your flow — quite the opposite. We designed and prepared the new systems to create a fun, meaningful experience with a simple rule — don’t do the crime if you can’t take the heat.
Post automatically merged:

I am MAJORLY stoked over this new update! I heard it may be released as soon as Wednesday. Is that still the case? Do we have any definitive date as to when we should look for it?

Err, hi. Can we have a survival mode, where some 500 police officers chase you (like zombies) wherever you go?

Oh ho ho ho ho, wherever I go, yassss! See, the idea is that perhaps Scavs themselves aren't fond of any visitors, so, say that such a police chase starts, and is then drawn into that Scav den where they hold Evelyn. With a bit of luck, the police and Scavs will figure each other bigger targets than V. Bam! Same with that Maelstrom-infested factory. "Don't mind me, there are the cops!"

V can also go for it, and drag them into some abandoned building to see who will prevail this time. Little does the police know the building is all rigged with traps and surprises. Hashtag Bozo Ozob stuff. Even better if it were possible to hire him to prep everything.

Now, imagine finishing the whole game in a run, with an army of police officers following you the whole time, counting thousands by the time you are raiding the Arasaka Tower. "Hey boss, that merc knocked on our doors with... uh, what looks like thousands of the police and max-tac that will stop at nothing to get them. What do we do?" -- "RUN!"

The police encounters in NC alone can be nova spectacles to stream if you folks did it right.

Last edited:
I guess I am one of the few people that aren't all that hyped about the 2.0 update. none of the changes are that big of a deal for me.

Guest 4670038

I guess I am one of the few people that aren't all that hyped about the 2.0 update. none of the changes are that big of a deal for me.
You're not the only one. But if it's coming, they need to hurry it up already.

That is a bad idea. Unlimited cop quests would have made more sense. It sounds like it's going to be really annoying and not fun. The time that it took to program this should have been used on adding new game plus instead.

Guest 4670038

Funny how Starfield doesn't have the features that have supposedly set by "GTA 20 years ago", despite it also being an open world, yet nobody makes that comparison.
Yes but, from what I can tell, Starfield doesn't have a "5-Star" wanted system like GTA, while CB2077 does. So, a direct comparison isn't unwarranted.

I just witnessed "police in action" in 1.63; I was cruising down the street and there's this yellow symbol on my minimap I never noticed before... lo and behold, as I approached, a cop with a baton started running after this guy in underwear (I swear, the guy was just in his undies). I started following them on my bike, and after I cornered the fugitive I made him drop on the ground by gently running the bike into him. Cop stopped, didn't do a thing and he patiently waited till the fugitive underwear got up and started running again.

Cop starts running after him, catches him (finally), hits him over the head with the baton, guy drops unconscious, cop returns to his cruiser with the sense of his duty visible on his face. End of story. So.... after reading some of this thread, please tell me I am not going to miss this so-called "police action".

Cause it seems interesting times are ahead...

I just witnessed "police in action" in 1.63; I was cruising down the street and there's this yellow symbol on my minimap I never noticed before... lo and behold, as I approached, a cop with a baton started running after this guy in underwear (I swear, the guy was just in his undies). I started following them on my bike, and after I cornered the fugitive I made him drop on the ground by gently running the bike into him. Cop stopped, didn't do a thing and he patiently waited till the fugitive underwear got up and started running again.

Cop starts running after him, catches him (finally), hits him over the head with the baton, guy drops unconscious, cop returns to his cruiser with the sense of his duty visible on his face. End of story. So.... after reading some of this thread, please tell me I am not going to miss this so-called "police action".

Cause it seems interesting times are ahead...
Those events were introduced in patch 1.6. They are pre-designed and happen as small action animations in certain parts of the city, only in those places and only when you pass through that area it is activated. With patch 2.0 those events will occur dynamically, randomly and anywhere, giving more sense of realism. Fights and persecutions between gangs, between gangs and police, persecutions against you. If you liked what you have seen, in 2.0 you will enjoy it much more.

Top Bottom