If we have gadgets like this today, can you imagine 2077?

+
If we have gadgets like this today, can you imagine 2077?

There are many other neat toys on the market, but since I tripped over this one while thinking of the forums today: a digital pen that corrects your writing for you. Due in August this year.

Any other neat "science fiction" gadgets you can think of that are in production now? Can you imagine what will be extant by 2077?

That pen is nuts...what happened to old fashioned paying attention and focus?

For sci fi toys having already today...I would love to know if those holographic 3D user interfaces as seen in IronMan and even in Big Bang Theory really exists. According to Castle, a similar 2D version on a transparent touch screen is also available if you got the coin.

speaking of user interfaces, some folks have hacked the kinect to do marvellous things.

I gust want to be able to project a 3-dimensional hologram cty onto my gaming table... is that so much to ask...

Although i will settle for someone giving me either a large screen hdtv, or a projector I can hook into my computer for my table... but it has to be free,.... the most I will do is trade sexual favors.... but no kissing...

Meh... I don't care about gadgets. They will only make us more stupid. At one point we won't even have to get out of the house, which will turn us into zombies. Don't even get me started on Google Glasses. How will we improve our brain if we don't even use it? But that's just my opinion.

I gust want to be able to project a 3-dimensional hologram cty onto my gaming table... is that so much to ask...

Although i will settle for someone giving me either a large screen hdtv, or a projector I can hook into my computer for my table... but it has to be free,.... the most I will do is trade sexual favors.... but no kissing...

Where do you live? I got one or two projectors with an AGP port, just don't know if they work

Meh... I don't care about gadgets. They will only make us more stupid. At one point we won't even have to get out of the house, which will turn us into zombies. Don't even get me started on Google Glasses. How will we improve our brain if we don't even use it? But that's just my opinion.

Okay, there is SO MUCH wrong with this! I feel a deep pain in my liver. Where to start?

CARE ABOUT GADGETS. They are great and nearly cybernetic. We all worship cyber, right? YES WE DO.

They probably WILL make us more stupid! And that's also great! The stupid will make our brains LESS attractive to the zombies!

..which we are all going to turn into! So the gadgets mean your zombie roommate will look for someone else with LESS gadgets than YOU! Because tastier brains!

If you improve your brain too much or really at all, you might start to question the wonder of all these gadgets! Which preserve you from the gadget-created zombies all around you! So, don't get smarter!

Your opinion is wrong. A wrong opinion. That's what it is.

I second google glasses.
I want VR Gloves, and headset, and then be faster at manipulating my computer.
That'd be niceness.

Wait what?
What's this with improving our brains?

The Google glasses is about augmented reality, not improving brains.
And for that fact, how will going outside improve your brain?

I'm just gonna refer people to my blogpost I wrote here regarding the possibilities.

Well i am thinking about Robot Servants.When robots do everything like a human may be science make this possible after some time i have read an article of a robot who help the doctors in the operation of open heart surgery in the country India.

Okay, there is SO MUCH wrong with this! I feel a deep pain in my liver. Where to start?

CARE ABOUT GADGETS. They are great and nearly cybernetic. We all worship cyber, right? YES WE DO.

They probably WILL make us more stupid! And that's also great! The stupid will make our brains LESS attractive to the zombies!

..which we are all going to turn into! So the gadgets mean your zombie roommate will look for someone else with LESS gadgets than YOU! Because tastier brains!

If you improve your brain too much or really at all, you might start to question the wonder of all these gadgets! Which preserve you from the gadget-created zombies all around you! So, don't get smarter!

Your opinion is wrong. A wrong opinion. That's what it is.

I second google glasses.
Wait what?
What's this with improving our brains?

The Google glasses is about augmented reality, not improving brains.
And for that fact, how will going outside improve your brain?

You never heard of exercising and improving your brain? Seriously? Obviously going outside won't improve your brain, but since the glasses will help you in doing pretty much everything, you won't need to use your brain, thus you won't improve it. What's so hard to understand here?

Google glasses is a good start. It would be for the more augmented reality crowd. But for the VR crowd we definitely goo for something like the Oculus Rift.

And yeah you can argue against the pen thing being a good dumbing down, but I counter argue that in 10-15 years, most people won't even be writing very much. I just spent 6 years in college and don't believe I had to write any papers by hand. I was in mathematics so I was doing a crap ton of writing, but all formulas and equations. I'm not counting personal notes, but my guess is that auto-correct is the future. Although the one in this forum could use some improvement.

You never heard of exercising and improving your brain? Seriously? Obviously going outside won't improve your brain, but since the glasses will help you in doing pretty much everything, you won't need to use your brain, thus you won't improve it. What's so hard to understand here?

really? seems unlikely to me.
If you never have to sell your knowledge short, you learn far more.
If I read a book with a dictionary next to it, my vocabulary is obviously going to expand more than without.

And hopefully we will have completely eschewed the pen for better means of writing by 2077.

Top Bottom