Igni question

+
Wait, my understanding from the notes was that playing Igni without the initiative will still work but only on single unit, just like Scorch. As opposed to WITH the initiative it will destroy multiple Highest units. The logic being that if you have multiple high units, you should be able to react to pings. Which... makes sense, but... is that wrong? Are we saying Igni will just be a 2-point play if you tutor it?? Like it will not go off at all, even if there are targets? What does this have to do with being able to counter it? Either you are talking about a bug, or I'm very confused.

Wait, my understanding from the notes was that playing Igni without the initiative will still work but only on single unit, just like Scorch. As opposed to WITH the initiative it will destroy multiple Highest units.
Nope.
"Deploy, Initiative: destroy the highest power unit(s) on an enemy row with a total of 20 or more power."
So the Deploy only happens on Initiative, like for example "Deploy, Melee" only triggers on the melee row.

It really does kill nothing if you break initiative i just tried it, when you don't break initiative it works like before and still kills all the highest Units on the row.

If Initiative had a separate effect the card description would not be "Deploy, Initiative" but
"Deploy: Destroy...
Initiative: Destroy... instead"

Igni and Scorch are the exact same as before, except they need to be played as the first action. They're all or nothing; either they trigger or they don't.

Nope if you break initiative or Tudor him he is just a 2 Body who doesn't kill anything.
  • Geralt: Igni ability changed to:
  • Deploy, Initiative: destroy the highest power unit(s) on an enemy row with a total of 20 or more power. Geralt: Igni provision changed from 11 to 10.

Igni and Scorch are the exact same as before, except they need to be played as the first action. They're all or nothing; either they trigger or they don't.
I was referring to "exact the same way as before" part.
Scorch at least kills one of the highest units if initiative is broken, Gigni should work the same way.

I was referring to "exact the same way as before" part.
Scorch at least kills one of the highest units if initiative is broken, Gigni should work the same way.

I hope it is a bug, otherwise it would be as I thought before and Igni is almost useless now.

Nope.
"Deploy, Initiative: destroy the highest power unit(s) on an enemy row with a total of 20 or more power."
So the Deploy only happens on Initiative, like for example "Deploy, Melee" only triggers on the melee row.
Yikes, that really seems like an unintended side effect that not only you can't ping, but you also MUST play the card from hand. I have a feeling they didn't take tutoring into consideration when they coded "initiative."

New thread cause I don't know where to ask this.
Guys can Geralt kill more units? Or that was just a bug? "Destroy the highest-power unit on an enemy row..."
Someone just destroyed me 8 revenants for a total of 32 of power. I thought it can kill only one unit.
I take the opportunity to make another question:
Why Sly Seductress boost itself even if there isn't another copy? The ability should work only with bonded, so with another copy in the field.
Thank you

Seductress boosts self every time an opponent plays a unit, if she is bonded, she boost self every time an opponent plays a card.
Igni should kill all the highest units on a row, if they have total power 20 or more and you play him before taking any other action. But i'm not 100% sure.

Seductress boosts self every time an opponent plays a unit, if she is bonded, she boost self every time an opponent plays a card.
Igni should kill all the highest units on a row, if they have total power 20 or more and you play him before taking any other action. But i'm not 100% sure.
About Seductress, my fault, I read it wrong.
About Geralt instead, it says "unit", not units. For example Scorch without initiative "highest power unit", with initiative "ALL highest power unitS"
Geralt says unit. If it is as you say, Geralt is way too stronger than Scorch who costs 2 more in provision. I think a lot of people didn't realize the effect ahah

Geralt is way too stronger than Scorch who costs 2 more in provision. I think a lot of people didn't realize the effect ahah

As long as the opponent has the strongest unit scorch will always make his condition effective, Igni needs those 20 power in the same row, otherwise it is a card that is only worth 2pts.

The description of Igni is incorrect, it was always specified that it worked the same as scorch ( unit(s) ), they have not corrected it since they changed it.

bpxuagxd19by.png

It can be played but it does not do its ability wich is the only reason y put it in the deck. For me atleast. Had a northern realms mach recently where y had a 40 mele row with 3 10 power units lined up, played igni from hand as a last play and nothing. Just 2 more points for me, to say i was trigered is an understatement lol got screnshots that i tried to upload on my priginal post but they were to heavy to upload unfortunately.

Thank you for your quick response, i cant remember but i dont think so. Still this change is a way to ruin great strategies by implementing overcomplex and dumb mechanics. I love cdpr but sometimes it woud be good they kept things simple 🐒

Thank you for your quick response, i cant remember but i dont think so. Still this change is a way to ruin great strategies by implementing overcomplex and dumb mechanics. I love cdpr but sometimes it woud be good they kept things simple 🐒
It's fairly simple man, you gotta play Igni as first thing you do in the round and that's it.

I wouldn't say it's overcomplex. It's quite simple, really, because "first action" can only really be interpreted in one way.
It may be an inconvenience but it's not complicated. Just takes getting used to.

(Ninjaed but I've gotten used to that a very long time ago.)

Top Bottom