I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+
Just to have an actual love interest visit V's apartment would be a massive improvement, but yeah, seeing them interact would be so fun. Cyberpunk has some incredibly well written characters and it's such a shame they're being underutilized.

I'd be happy with a single sidequest where V invites their friends someplace just to spend some time with all of them. We could see them interact with each other, maybe get a few texts afterwards implying that some of them are keeping in touch. It would probably simpler than multiple interactions that depends on certain prerequisites but it would still be something.
Honestly, both ideas are amazing, but I'm afraid this'll stay on our wishlist. I dobut we'll get something like this. :giveup:

yeah but its something that i can imagine someone from night city doing, having fun having what it wants and then moving to the next thing, even more with a dying condition

Yeah, but we already discussed why it's not a thing, so this excuse is bs.

I think if they had the time they could:

* Add an option to tell River you're gay or not interested as a lot of people are like this

* A reaction from people if you are with someone else.

Honestly, unlike Bioware's MASS EFFECT, I'd prefer if it was treated as "Eh, okay." Not every relationship among cyberpunks in a deadly struggle for survival needs to be monogamous.

You might even have that as a text conversation.

"Just curious, is this open or what?"

I think if they had the time they could:

* Add an option to tell River you're gay or not interested as a lot of people are like this

* A reaction from people if you are with someone else.

Honestly, unlike Bioware's MASS EFFECT, I'd prefer if it was treated as "Eh, okay." Not every relationship among cyberpunks in a deadly struggle for survival needs to be monogamous.

You might even have that as a text conversation.

"Just curious, is this open or what?"
Judy doesn't really strike me as a type who'd be into poly relationship. Not in the slightest and I prefer it that way, too. Though you're right that not everyone is into monogamous relationships, but if in one second V calls herself and Judy lesbians and second later she goes to sleep with some dude she helped 5 minutes later, then this is a major flaw and a problem. Of course this is optional, but there's no option to say you're gay or already in a relationship, like you also said.

Not to mention that new text messages from Judy really do confirm she and V are in a relationship.

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

EDIT: So after the sex scene with Judy, there's an option to enter a relationship with her. That's what I did. After the romance, I decided to continue my main quest with Rogue and Panam. While I was driving with Panam, she asked my FemV if she has anyone important. Additional dialogue option unlocked for me regarding Judy.
"Sort of". Sort of. That's it? SORT OF? "Sort of" option said: "Eh, on and off, to be honest", like, V, how the hell? She's literally in a relationship with Judy and that's what she says? That's a kick in the tits, honestly. It truly left me baffled.
Not only that later you let Johnny control you and he goes out and gets a hooker and cheats in yoru body god I am really pissed at him and the game for the way they treat this relationship I was so happy Judy was into girls but now i wish i skipped the relations thing all together....

I think there are two reasons:

1) Life in Cyberpunk is cheap, sex is everywhere, danger is on every corner, I imagine actual relationships are a rarity.

and,

2) Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a relationship simulator. Maybe you need to be playing The Sims or something. I do find some of the threads about Panam and Judy a little odd. They're not real. They're tools to tell a story.

1) Life in Cyberpunk is cheap, sex is everywhere, danger is on every corner, I imagine actual relationships are a rarity.

and,

2) Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a relationship simulator. Maybe you need to be playing The Sims or something. I do find some of the threads about Panam and Judy a little odd. They're not real. They're tools to tell a story.
Ppl get a little too caught up in living out their dating fantasies in the game that they forgot the romances are sidequests and not at the core of the game. I skipped the romance option for most of my playthroughs, the world didn't end. Sure there are some things the devs could do better but the ship (pun intended) has sailed. They aren't going to be able to cater to every fantasy or fetish that ppl may have, keep it in your dreams.

I'd say the opposite, in a world as cold and hard as Cyberpunk humans would be desparate for relationships, and not just for sex. That seems more like the type of thing that happens when you have an over abundance of recources and time. So you get bored and seek cheap thrills.

We are also shown quite a lot of relationships in the game actually, both failed and succesful.

and,

Baldurs gate 3 says hold my bear.

But seriously I have never understod these types of comments, you might as well question why people like action in their games. It's not real, it's a toll to tell a story.

For me romance and deaper friendships adds depth to a game, they show new and different sides of the settings and characters. Now, do I consider them neccessary for a good game? No I don't. RDR2 is amazing and has almost no romance at all.
Similary you don't need several options, Kingdom come deliverence had one proper romance option that with the DLC 'A womans lot' became one of, if not the, best romance I've played in a game.

And then you have Baldurs gate, Dragon age, Mass effect etc that just throw romance options at you.

All of the mentioned games are considered good by a majority of players, and they all have very different takes on romance.

and,

1. Relationships exist in shitty places.

2. NO ONE says it's a dating sim. Why do y'all have to assume that's what was said to devalue someone else's opinion? You don't give a shit about the romance aspect of a videogame. Fair enough, but don't be insulting to those who do. For me, I felt the romances were done unequally. Panam and Judy got far more than River and Kerry. It would have been nice if they had all been treated equally, with equal content and proper buildup.

I'd say the opposite, in a world as cold and hard as Cyberpunk humans would be desparate for relationships, and not just for sex. That seems more like the type of thing that happens when you have an over abundance of recources and time. So you get bored and seek cheap thrills.

We are also shown quite a lot of relationships in the game actually, both failed and succesful.

Baldurs gate 3 says hold my bear.

But seriously I have never understod these types of comments, you might as well question why people like action in their games. It's not real, it's a toll to tell a story.

For me romance and deaper friendships adds depth to a game, they show new and different sides of the settings and characters. Now, do I consider them neccessary for a good game? No I don't. RDR2 is amazing and has almost no romance at all.
Similary you don't need several options, Kingdom come deliverence had one proper romance option that with the DLC 'A womans lot' became one of, if not the, best romance I've played in a game.

And then you have Baldurs gate, Dragon age, Mass effect etc that just throw romance options at you.

All of the mentioned games are considered good by a majority of players, and they all have very different takes on romance.
Baldurs Gate 3 is a D&D game so yes, the focus is on relationships and choices you make affecting those relationships. That is at the core of the gameplay and most D&D inspired games. That is not what CP2077 is. You already answered your own question with that comparison.

There's a difference between adding a feature to the game and that feature being at the core of the gameplay. Every game that allows you to drive cars isn't Forza and most of them won't do it as well as Forza because that is not the focus of their game. What CP2077 focuses on is being an Open world action RPG. Those on your list aren't offering what it does and and it isn't offering what they do. They share certain RPG elements yes but they aren't delivering the same thing.

Baldurs Gate 3 is a D&D game so yes, the focus is on relationships and choices you make affecting those relationships. That is at the core of the gameplay and most D&D inspired games. That is not what CP2077 is. You already answered your own question with that comparison.

The reason all of those other games that made this better than CP2077 doesn't count is because they are not the same as CP2077 and therefore they don't count.

Nah, I don't buy that. Going by that logic you could never complain about any non core part of a game because the defence will always be the game isn't about that specific part.

There's a difference between adding a feature to the game and that feature being at the core of the gameplay. Every game that allows you to drive cars isn't Forza and most of them won't do it as well as Forza because that is not the focus of their game. What CP2077 focuses on is being an Open world action RPG. Those on your list aren't offering what it does and and it isn't offering what they do. They share certain RPG elements yes but they aren't delivering the same thing.

Please understand that CP2077 decided to make the game like that, it was a choice they made. We who don't like that disagree with that choice and think that they should have chosen differently. And they could have. There is no contradiction here. There is no natural law saying that a game that focuses on being an open world combat RPG can't also have well written relationships and romances (specifically since one of those is dependent on the games mechanics and the other on it's storytelling).

Once again, look at Kingdom come. The story of that game isn't about a blacksmiths son who falls in love with the millers daughter and then they become a couple, and the games design focus heavily on brutal and realistic meele combat with combat manouvers, feints etc.

Yet it still managed to do great work with the romance.

There is no contradiction. There is just choices.

I know this topic is rather old but the relationships in this game are treated more like temporary hookups rather than committed relationships just after you had sex.

*putting on nerd glasses* Akchuyally the real commitement to someone in the game happens during the rooftop scene just before deciding which ending you're going to play. If you decide not to call someone, it means that V isn't interested in any of the love interests past their initial hookup.

In the particular case of Judy, if you tell her that your night together was just a fling and nothing else she'll leave and block V forever which is totally normal in her case. She just burried her friend and ex-lover and was ready to commit to someone who rejected her on the spot.

Top Bottom