Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
but the Pro and One X, as well. Which I think a lot of people have now?
IIRC 106 millions PS4 have been sold in total, 20ish of which are Pro.

For xbox numbers are more ore less the half, that's why MS has stopped announcing them.

Anyway, I recently went from PS4 to PS4 pro and I can tell you there's little to no difference unless you have a very expensive 4k TV with processor dedicated to supersampling. And I don't. It was a gift for me, I wouldn't recommend to upgrade a ps4 to ps4 pro, just a waste of money: same hardware except for GPU.

One X should be better, they say.

As for destructible environments, I haven't played Control much (about 20 minutes or so, maybe an hour) so I can't speak to any issues. I'll take your word for it.
I haven't bought it at all because everybody I know and has it says frame rate is a mess, often unplayable on standard ps4.

I can guarantee that in 6 years the only game I've played that had serious problems was days gone on standard ps4 (and apparently control). Everything else was absolutely from "not a biggie" (TW3, bloodborne) to great (RDR2, GOW) for console standards. This gen has been way smoother than the last one in terms of fluidity.

Well I'm not saying its not cool to take some more time on cyberpunk if they need too. However I would also say that this delay thing now is quite strange. As far as I remember, last year in 2019 project red said to everyone that the game is completely done and they were working on fixing the bugs/polishing the game then.

Now we get this message saying that the game is complete and playable which in my mind means that there clearly done polishing up the game. But they say the differ. Project red has also clearly spent a decent amount of money for awhile now advertising the games release this April 16. Like the whole 4am music video that's still up about the April release. Plus there using a bran new game engine that is quite advance as far as I know especially for polishing up the game.
Lots of people are calming that its the consoles that cant handle the game. Again that makes no sense when they have made a new game engine that's designed for ps4s and xbox ones.

I feel like this is almost one of there trick puzzles again that they had going all 2019 basically.
Math wise to the April 16 release. 31 months times 3 = 93. then 93 - 16 days left = 77 like 2077 ha.
There is a lot of bot comments on this page and website?

Last edited:
Speaking on the NPC point, is anyone aware what type of NPCs we'll be seeing in Cyberpunk? Unnamed and generic in Bethesda games for instance still have some small level of interactivity for instance, which I would assume take up more resources.

Are the NPCs in Cyberpunk basically like background scenery in that we have zero interaction like Assassins Creed and Witcher 3? I can't imagine that being too resource intensive, but I honestly don't know.

As to the number of consoles. At some point this shouldn't be a factor if the games are going to keep progressing. I own the PS4 slim and launch Xbox, but I'd be more than happy if they cut me out of the market to make the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X the lowest common denominator. By year end I'll have a new console anyways.

Are the NPCs in Cyberpunk basically like background scenery in that we have zero interaction like Assassins Creed and Witcher 3? I can't imagine that being too resource intensive, but I honestly don't know.
Mostly like TW3.

A lot of NPCs/actors, no matter their complexity, will almost always tax the CPU quite heavily. It's still processing AI, albeit limited AI, for all of those characters.

It's the same reason tycoon/sim games require so much processing power.

Speaking on the NPC point, is anyone aware what type of NPCs we'll be seeing in Cyberpunk? Unnamed and generic in Bethesda games for instance still have some small level of interactivity for instance, which I would assume take up more resources.

As to the number of consoles. At some point this shouldn't be a factor if the games are going to keep progressing. I own the PS4 slim and launch Xbox, but I'd be more than happy if they cut me out of the market to make the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X the lowest common denominator. By year end I'll have a new console anyways.
They cannot do that. At least from the Microsoft side, they stated that there will not be any model exclusive titles in the Xbox one lineup. I'm sure Sony has said something similar as I don't believe there are any games that are Pro only, right?

They cannot do that. At least from the Microsoft side, they stated that there will not be any model exclusive titles in the Xbox one lineup. I'm sure Sony has said something similar as I don't believe there are any games that are Pro only, right?
No, you're correct on both of the consoles. I'm speaking more towards Microsoft and Sony. I mean, Microsoft is talking about forwards and backwards compatibility where they want games on the Xbox Series X to also be playable on their Xbox One consoles.

IIRC Xbox and PlayStation both have trouble hitting 1080 on some games. Why hold back these games by hardware that was underpowered in 2013.

Basically, the real question is: If at one point one version of the game is ready (which maybe have, or at least will surely happens at one point because it would be a real strange coincidence that all version are finished at the exact same time), will it have to be delayed because other version aren't?
What's would be the point?

Basically, the real question is: If at one point one version of the game is ready (which maybe have, or at least will surely happens at one point because it would be a real strange coincidence that all version are finished at the exact same time), will it have to be delayed because other version aren't?
It's a good question, and not one we have an answer to.

The precise reason for the delay is not something we can determine. Only speculate. :/

Nothing they've shown has been a new level of gaming and quite frankly, there isn't going to be anything built on current gen hardware across all platforms that's going to be groundbreaking. We'll see major strides in games once developers have a new console standard to adhere to. That is much of their limiting factor, making sure it still plays on the base Xbox one and PS4. Once that lowest common denominator is raised to the next gen level, it will allow them to use more powerful hardware across the board. Cyberpunk 2077 will be a good game, but at this point it won't be anything next level/groundbreaking

No, that'll be GTA 6 when it launches

I doubt they start reinventing the series, GTA is great as it is, imho. For me GTA is series is a no-brainer, it offers stuff what "youth" likes to do, go to comedy club, stripclubs, eat sushi, go bowling, get a girl friend etc. Its no surprise they scored a jackpot with it.

Im looking forward to GTA's hype more than the game itself. The game is probably what it is, but its hype might go crazy.

Last edited:
Hyping game can be double edged sword, it can bring a lot of atencion to game, but it can also bring a lot of disappointment.

Hype for CP2077 went dangerously high in short time, and in the end will bring more disappointments, people expect to have flying cars, to enter every building to go on every floor, to climbe out side every building, that all NPC will be unique, that game will be close to pnp, that is more RPG, that is less FPS and so on.

Hyping game can be double edged sword, it can bring a lot of atencion to game, but it can also bring a lot of disappointment.

Hype for CP2077 went dangerously high in short time, and in the end will bring more disappointments, people expect to have flying cars, to enter every building to go on every floor, to climbe out side every building, that all NPC will be unique, that game will be close to pnp, that is more RPG, that is less FPS and so on.

Those are some pretty strange expectations for people to have, since literally every single one of those has been explicitly denied on multiple occasions.

But I agree with your broader point. Too much hype can be a bad thing, and I think Cyberpunk will inevitably disappoint many. Hopefully not most, though.

Last edited:
Those are some pretty strange expectations for people to have, since literally every single one of those has been explicitly denied on multiple occasions.

Yeah i know, but people still expect that, that just point how high hype is bad, also a lot of that high hype come from Youtubers who make tons of videos about CP2077 with titles like new info about characters, new info about mechanich and so on, fact is there are no really new info, just re use articals from some site or game news that is just re told again and again, and just add more oil to the fire and will lead to bigger let down when game came out.

The same source that reported the info about the issues with Xbox One version also said that the main story of the game has been complete for three months now (meaning not just playable, but completely done in terms of quests, assets, etc.), but they are still working on some side content. On that note, it also reaffirmed that Cyberpunk is indeed shorter then The Witcher 3, however, according to them, thanks to that the second and third playthrough should be very satysfying due to differing story paths.

As for problems with Xbox One, another polish website reported that three other studios, which specialize in ports and optimalization (QLOC, Crunching Koalas, Testronic), are also helping with Cyberpunk development, which might be related to the additional work needed to deliver Xbox One version of the game.

It's a good question, and not one we have an answer to.

The precise reason for the delay is not something we can determine. Only speculate. :/
Well, let's say the rumor is true.

First, PC version is not ready, it simply requires less optimization to work, because worst case scenario they just ask for higher minimum requirements and too bad for low end PCs. "You can't play it? buy a better GPU!". And there's still all the polishing to be done.

Second, if they release the PC version in april, then we'll have too many spoilers. Also, it's not respectful for customers. People get mad when rockstar releases their games 1+ years later on steam, it'd be hypocritical to ask for the opposite (not referring to you 2 in particular). And here it'd be even worse because only one version would be delayed. Not only it'd affect sales, but also the company's reputation (which affects sales and investments in the long run).

Why not releasing it on PC first and then consoles? Why does the PC version has still to be bound to the console version in 2020?
Post automatically merged:

Second, if they release the PC version in april, then we'll have too many spoilers. Also, it's not respectful for customers.

Rockstar has released GTA V and RDR2 on PC 1 year after release on console and no one cared.

Last edited:
Second, if they release the PC version in april, then we'll have too many spoilers. Also, it's not respectful for customers. People get mad when rockstar releases their games 1+ years later on steam, it'd be hypocritical to ask for the opposite (not referring to you 2 in particular). And here it'd be even worse because only one version would be delayed. Not only it'd affect sales, but also the company's reputation (which affects sales and investments in the long run).

As you took Rockstar as an example: You mean that you think that Rockstar PC sales have been badly impacted because they released their games later on Steam?

Rockstar has released GTA V and RDR2 on PC 1 year after release on console and no one cared.
Yeah, but the difference is that Rockstar didn't announce PC version until year later or so, after the game was already released on consoles. Cyberpunk was already announced as a game for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, which supposed to come out the same day on every platform. Changing it now by giving a lower priority to one version over the others wouldn't be received very well at all.

Yeah, but the difference is that Rockstar didn't announce PC version until year later or so, after the game was already released on consoles. Cyberpunk was already announced as a game for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, which supposed to come out the same day on every platform. Changing it now by giving a lower priority to one version over the others wouldn't be received very well at all.

They have been announced, but forcibly released at the same time?
I mean, other games have been announced on different platforms yet didn't released at the same time.
Besides, delays hurts reputation just as much.

No, you're correct on both of the consoles. I'm speaking more towards Microsoft and Sony. I mean, Microsoft is talking about forwards and backwards compatibility where they want games on the Xbox Series X to also be playable on their Xbox One consoles.

IIRC Xbox and PlayStation both have trouble hitting 1080 on some games. Why hold back these games by hardware that was underpowered in 2013.
I think what you're referring to with forwards compatibility is their statement about there being no Series X exclusive launch titles? Meaning there are no games launching with Series X that won't also be with Xbox One line.

I did see the same thing but also ended up seeing an update to that statement. That will only initially apply to first party games, so Microsoft studio games will be on both consoles, regardless of the Series X launch. Third party developers are not bound to this agreement. Cdpr 'could' go Series X exclusive. Hell, if Microsoft was smart, they'd offer them incentives to do that as it would mean some more initial adoption of Series X.

All that is said from a business perspective, not consumer. People would definitely be upset about that if it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom