Importing .fbx files into the 3ds Max

+
Importing .fbx files into the 3ds Max

Hello everyone,
I am using the quide provided with ModKit for creating "Fabulous Roach" which turns the horse into a unicorn.
I succesfully uncooked the game and unpacked assets. I have one .fbx file and three .tga files.
Can anyone solve my problem ? Every time I try to import or open fbx file in 3ds Max, the only thing I see is a yellow cube :O. I know this may sound weird... I'm very new to 3ds Max and modding. Can anyone help me ? How can I successfully import the file into the 3ds Max ?

Last edited:
Have you managed to import them? When I import the fbx I get the mesh, the skin modifier and the materials but when I try to render it complains that no uv coordinates exist for the mesh and I get no texture rendered. Am I doing something wrong? Is max not handling these fbx files correctly?

Max doesn't like however they are storing the UVs. There are two sets of UVs which other 3D programs seem to import correctly, but for whatever reason results in destroyed UVs in Max.

hey, you can try to use c4d r15. First, in c4d you export the model without any changes and then import into the max, save the correct uv layout, and then load the uv into the one with corrupt uvs.

Top Bottom