In game Vehicles!

+
@Stripes
I wouldn't compare GTA and Cyberpunk 2077 (although there are little informations about the game). I agree with your post and it's no major minus for me if there are no tons of driveable vehicles (but I want tank, I want bloody tank :D).
I'm sure Wisdom000 is now starting a petition for CDPR to include at least few hundred vehicles, aircrafts, maybe a submarines?! :D
Edit. @SteinarB
Hell yea man. Nice idea.
I wanna grab some chicks while I'm playing playboy on my skates :D

So to solve that I think it should be part of the story - it's not hard to image that in 2077 al vehicles will be autopiloted. U just get into it, say the destination and it drives/flyes u there obeying all traffic regulations, speed limits etc. Of course the rules does not apply to privilidged vehicles. Police/Army/Firefights/Trauma Team and probably hi profile corporate vehicles. And the hacked ones ;) So it would be great for Netrunner for exaple to get control over some vehicle to hijack someone or for player to be catched by some enemy netrunner.

Exactly my point of view, I would prefer that developers would spend more time working on RPG elements than driving mechanics. On the other hand vehicles are essential and for me having an opportunity for such an automated ride through crowded city would be really immersive.

There where also some complains about lack of fast travel in the witcher 2. This could be a great way of implementing such mechanism without breaking the immersion.

Ha. That's funny; I very much like the GTA / Rockstar model, as well as the Bethesda model. (Fallout 3, moreso than New Vegas.)

I like the GTA model for what it is: a sandbox action game. I don't expect a lot of heavy RPG elements in that style of game. Though, if CDPR went in this direction, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I thought Fallout 3 was d@mn near perfect. My biggest two grievances were lack of vehicles, and the REALLY poor third-person animation of your character.

Well, as with Wisdom00, we too seem to be the polar opposites. I think GTA is a passable series, but it's worldcrafting and gameplay design is hardly fitting for this title. And I thought Fallout 3 was coplete and utter shit (and the Bethesda worldcrafting model also unoptimal here) - NV had better writing and narrative structuring but not all that much better gameplay.

Hah. It'll be fun to see which way they go, or if they can find a middle ground, and which part of the "fanbase" will be the most angry about it. :cool:

Well, as with Wisdom00, we too seem to be the polar opposites. I think GTA is a passable series, but it's worldcrafting is hardly fitting for this title. And I thought Fallout 3 was coplete and utter shit (and the Bethesda worldcrafting model also unoptimal here) - NV had better writing and narrative structuring but not all that much better gameplay.

Hah. It'll be fun to see which way they go, or if they can find a middle ground, and which part of the "fanbase" will be the most angry about it. :cool:
As an aside: even though we're on opposite sides of the debate, I greatly appreciate that we can disagree without devolving into ad hominem. Happens all too frequently on gaming-related forum boards.

For that, cheers to you, mate. =D *raises glass*

Oh, man, the most "glorious" moment of any game forum - first gameplay videos showing certain features. Good times ahead of us! ;)

Oh, man, the most "glorious" moment of any game forum - first gameplay videos showing certain features. Good times ahead of us! ;)

Ohhh, yeah. THAT'S going to be a fun time. We should all act as referees when the crazies get here and start frothing.

Remember those first shots of FO3 in action. Yikes.

For the record, I think we can bet on gameplay very similar to Witcher 2, mostly because CDPR in the gametrailers interview, indicated they were going to be updating the RED engine to cope with guns.

Ha. That's funny; I very much like the GTA / Rockstar model, as well as the Bethesda model. (Fallout 3, moreso than New Vegas.)

I like the GTA model for what it is: a sandbox action game. I don't expect a lot of heavy RPG elements in that style of game. Though, if CDPR went in this direction, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I thought Fallout 3 was d@mn near perfect. My biggest two grievances were lack of vehicles, and the REALLY poor third-person animation of your character.

Again... Sleeping Dogs... GTA style game with heavy RPG elements... perfect model...

As for the rest of your post... A-men brother...

Again... Sleeping Dogs... GTA style game with heavy RPG elements... perfect model...

Really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. Loved SR3. Hated GTA4 with a passion. That said, I'm for avoiding the typical open world model, as those games lack in-depth gameplay and consistency. I played SR3 for the crazy randomness and variety of activities. Much of it is about a spontaneous sense of power you get from breaking rules and doing bad things. That's not the approach I want CDPR to take. I'm hoping The Witcher games provide the template for story and they manage to drastically expand level design so Night City seems massive, but still detailed and intricate, worth exploring. To that end Bethesda does a much better job than Rockstar or any other dev making open world games. So I'd use Fallout 3 and Skyrim as examples to follow for open world design. And then I'd scale it down, make it compact, polluted, hectic and detailed. That's night City.

Really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. Loved SR3. Hated GTA4 with a passion. That said, I'm for avoiding the typical open world model, as those games lack in-depth gameplay and consistency. I played SR3 for the crazy randomness and variety of activities. Much of it is about a spontaneous sense of power you get from breaking rules and doing bad things. That's not the approach I want CDPR to take. I'm hoping The Witcher games provide the template for story and they manage to drastically expand level design so Night City seems massive, but still detailed and intricate, worth exploring. To that end Bethesda does a much better job than Rockstar or any other dev making open world games. So I'd use Fallout 3 and Skyrim as examples to follow for open world design. And then I'd scale it down, make it compact, polluted, hectic and detailed. That's night City.

You and I are so diametrically opposed we might be circling back around to each other....

Yerk. I would never ever ever use Bethesda. Ever.And I like Skyrim!

It's just....they just suck at writing and storytelling. Their adventures are bland and uninspired at least 3/4 of the time. They do bulk, not taste. It makes their beautiful game worlds even MORE disappointing when the NPC next to you suggests you join the Mages Guild as you set fire to three trolls at once without breaking a sweat, because you are now Arch-Mage. Or whatever.

It's because although MOST game quests are Fed-Ex quests, good writing obscures that. Beth quests don't even pretend to obscure that.

It's because their open world is a dead, dead, dead world. Like being on the biggest, prettiest treadmill.

So, yeah. Please not Bethesda. Witcher 1 and 2 rock so much harder. That would be like turning and leaping backwards in game design...while stabbing yourself in the face with a tuning fork.

Also their melee sucks.

I'm gonna throw this bone into the mix.
Mafia 2, nice large city, rather smart ai for it's peds, very good car handling system, cops that react appropriately to what you do and plenty o' secrets to look for in the game world.

Also slimgrin, Night City is anything but compact, polluted and hectic yes, compact...yeah nah. Especially after the 4th Corporate Wars when it's entire corporate sector got wiped out in a nuke blast and also it's not a basic city, it's a mega sprawl aka XBOX HEUG city.. Also as I've said before and has been said before and is even in one of the sticky threads with all confirmed info, CDPR has already confirmed 2077 will be an open world sandbox game. And those types of games can work, Especially for a game like Cyberpunk.

Yeah, Night City is freaking enormous - practically takes up a whole county by itself in memory serves me correctly. Wisdom000 has a map compiled of it, and while I'm not 100% sure in the scale he used, I do recall him saying that printing it at 70% of full size was still around five feet square or so.

*with RPG element (singular). Only RPG element in Sleeping Dogs is skill system and it's definitely not "heavy" as you called it. Also Cyberpunk 2077 supposed to be RPG game, not action game with RPG elements.

Yeah, Night City is freaking enormous

You shouldn't hope that this City will be this big. GTAIV city is not big as NYC and HK in Sleeping Dogs is not big as HK in real life. They are not even close to size of real cities.

Were there some kind of public transportation in CyberPunk 2020 (taxi, trains, buses etc.)?
This is an Open World game so I think there will be drivable vehicles.

Were there some kind of public transportation in CyberPunk 2020 (taxi, trains, buses etc.)?
This is an Open World game so I think there will be drivable vehicles.

"Remember Me" will be open world game and there won't any driveable vehicles.

Yes to the bike from AKIRA. Mitsubishi C21, a thousand times yes. Those other bikes look dope too.

Also, I'd want the cybernetic legs that can make us run as fast as a car and upgraded with turbo.

As for the car, I'd want it like techno, born in Detroit. Futuristic muscle cars for me please.

Another dope vehicle would be the helicopter/motorcycle hybrid thing in the beginning of Ghost in the Shell 2.

Edit***
Looking at those MECHS, erhmergerd, I hope we can paint them black.

"Remember Me" will be open world game and there won't any driveable vehicles.
Actually no:
Link
"Remember Me is a story driven linear experience, and that's a conscious creative choice. We want to retain as much control over the events and the emotions that the player goes through as possible. It really is a third person action adventure"

On Topic. This vehicle is real party
View attachment 496

Lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess around
'cause I'm a Traktor man!

Attachments

• 220px-Ueberladewagen_(jha).jpg
    220px-Ueberladewagen_(jha).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 59
So aerodyne cars, will we be able to pull off FLY-BY shootings? What about jacking cars in mid--air? Daring bank truck heists, epic car chases.

I wish it was 2015 already.

Top Bottom