input.settings automatic restore to default when game launch

+
input.settings automatic restore to default when game launch

Hello!

I just starting Witcher 3 and try to change my pad binding. Sorry guys, you doing great job and great game, but your default keys bind total unplayable for me, its driving me crazy and mad. Do you play Dark Souls? Best timing and controls around the world, i suppose.

Wll, i found its can be change with edit input.settings file in C:\Users\user\Documents\The Witcher 3 folder. Ok, i change it, save, launch game aaand... nothing! Go to file and i found its destroy all my changes. Its automatic backup to default every time i launch the game.

Witcher 1.02 + Witcher 3 Houters Config + SweetFx on Window 7 x64 and XBox 360 pad for PC.
Is there any way to change default pad binding?

the same is happening to me and I 've tried everything . I have looked at many forums and nobody solves this shit

Five years later, same problem with no fixes other than "lmao make it read only" the changes occur anyway.

Five years later, same problem with no fixes other than "lmao make it read only" the changes occur anyway.

That's because this is a system-level issue, not something the game can control. This happens when your overall system Security and UAC settings (and/or 3rd-party software, like aggressive anti-virus) restrict programs' ability to access and make modifications to certain parts of your system (like protected directories).

Because of how many games function (TW3 included), your desired configuration settings are stored in ...[YourUserName]\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings. That file is located within the protected directory for your user account. On default Win10 settings, you should be able to simply set the Permissions of the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder to "Everyone". That will allow your settings made in-game to be saved in that actual file.

If, however, that does not work, it means your overall Windows Security settings are set to a higher level. You'll need to lower those settings (which may require administrative access or a completely new Admin account through the OS), and this will affect the protection across your entire system.

Or, you'll need to manually edit the user.settings file to your liking using a text editor, then save the file as "Read-only" so the game's default settings are changed to your preferences. Without setting the file to read-only, the changes you make will only affect the copy of that file loaded into RAM when the game launches, and Windows will not allow the game to overwrite the actual file in the Documents directory. (Hence, once you quit the game and it unloads itself from RAM, your settings will be lost. The game always loads settings based on what has been saved in the actual user.settings file.)

Top Bottom