Quick Sign Casiting Config Location

+
Hello fellow Witchers!

I am currently working on a Gamepad Config for Witcher 3 NextGen.

Most settings are "easily" findable and rebindable via the input.settings file under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\The Witcher 3

in there are some Variables that correspond to the standard layout in game, for example IK_Pad_LeftThumb=(Action=AltQuenCasting) but changing these does nothing and most signs are missing anyway.

Ive also looked into C:\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\config\r4game\legacy\base input_qwerty.ini which is the file that draws the config data from input.settings and forwards it into the game when loaded, i think. But there is no mention of Alt"Sign"Casting or similar here neither.

I guess its hardcoded somewhere in the game files.
If a dev could point me into the right direction that would be great!

A customizable controller layout with conflict warnings etc would be a great addition for any game anyway!

Cheers!!
Goa

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-24 125239.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-24 125239.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 33
Hey Guys,
I got it to work.

for anyone having similar issues:

I modded the playerinput.ws and reused the (Action=AltQuenCasting) handle for some of the other signs, and added the trigger in the input.settings. (AltYrdenCasting, AltAxiiCasting, etc)

For the the signs mirrored on LightAttack and HeavyAttack , I changed the scrip in playerinput.ws to my desired sign.

You can search (ctrl+f ) for //MODDED and BINDING in the playerinput.ws to change to your preference.

Have Fun!

Attachments

• playerInput.ws.txt
    159 KB · Views: 27
  • input.settings.txt
    91.6 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom