Invigorate needs a buff

+
Nobody can deny that the Scoia`teal leader ability invigorate is kind of weak hence why it does not see any play, at least in the higher rankings. Im not saying that its too weak to be able to use im just saying that it could use a buff in either provisions or in what it does.

One of the reasons i think invigorate needs a buff is because it does kind of cripple your options when it comes to deckbuilding. Invigorate cripples your options because it boosts all UNITS in your hand by 1 which means that for every special card or artifact you have in hand you will be getting less value off your leader, which then makes you want to either mulligan away or put as few artifacts or special cards like call of the forest and thunderbolt in your deck.

One good solution to this issue would be if you where able to target individual units in your hand with invigorate. Maybe boosting 5 or 4 units in your hand by 2? Or maybe having 3 or 2 charges which boosts a unit by 3 or 4? i think this would make a lot of sense since you would not have to worry about wasting away points because of special cards. It would also make more sense to be able to put points directly onto cards like aglais and sheldon skaggs.

Sincerely, Flamingo

I agree that the ability is currently a bit underpowered.

It would also make more sense to be able to put points directly onto cards like aglais and sheldon skaggs.
Though this is exactly why your exact suggestion won't happen. In the moment the ability allows to specifically target one of the two, it will have to be balanced for those too and the leader will become useless with anything else. Even more than Eldain already.

The best solution would be more cards benefitting from handbuff. Nevertheless, I doubt that that will happen as they already moved further away from it than closer towards it.

My personal solution (which got inspired by a suggestion I read) would be to make it passive and boost a random ST unit in your hand by 1, whenever you play a ST card with a unique primary category (similar to harmony)

With approximatly 10 unique primary categories the raw value will be nearly the same, it will allow players to use special cards and it can't be that easily interrupted by having less than 10 cards in the hand. Nonetheless, it will require a lot more deckbuilding. Also, with a good playing order, the player can direct the random buffs to the units he needs them on.
If that is too weak, he could additionally boost 1 unit in the hand by 1 and gain a charge in every round. That would allow some control, but wouldn't make Skeldon, Aglais, Saskia and Milva too strong.

I agree that the ability is currently a bit underpowered.

Though this is exactly why your exact suggestion won't happen. In the moment the ability allows to specifically target one of the two, it will have to be balanced for those too and the leader will become useless with anything else. Even more than Eldain already.

The best solution would be more cards benefitting from handbuff. Nevertheless, I doubt that that will happen as they already moved further away from it than closer towards it.

My personal solution (which got inspired by a suggestion I read) would be to make it passive and boost a random ST unit in your hand by 1, whenever you play a ST card with a unique primary category (similar to harmony)

With approximatly 10 unique primary categories the raw value will be nearly the same, it will allow players to use special cards and it can't be that easily interrupted by having less than 10 cards in the hand. Nonetheless, it will require a lot more deckbuilding. Also, with a good playing order, the player can direct the random buffs to the units he needs them on.
If that is too weak, he could additionally boost 1 unit in the hand by 1 and gain a charge in every round. That would allow some control, but wouldn't make Skeldon, Aglais, Saskia and Milva too strong.
I like that, it would be much more fun than playing Echo for half a year.
Unfortunately every faction has at least 1 leader ability like Invigorate - useless, outdated, unplayable.

Nobody can deny that the Scoia`teal leader ability invigorate is kind of weak hence why it does not see any play, at least in the higher rankings. Im not saying that its too weak to be able to use im just saying that it could use a buff in either provisions or in what it does.

One of the reasons i think invigorate needs a buff is because it does kind of cripple your options when it comes to deckbuilding. Invigorate cripples your options because it boosts all UNITS in your hand by 1 which means that for every special card or artifact you have in hand you will be getting less value off your leader, which then makes you want to either mulligan away or put as few artifacts or special cards like call of the forest and thunderbolt in your deck.

One good solution to this issue would be if you where able to target individual units in your hand with invigorate. Maybe boosting 5 or 4 units in your hand by 2? Or maybe having 3 or 2 charges which boosts a unit by 3 or 4? i think this would make a lot of sense since you would not have to worry about wasting away points because of special cards. It would also make more sense to be able to put points directly onto cards like aglais and sheldon skaggs.

Sincerely, Flamingo
Get rid of Skeldon and maybe this would work. That card still consistently gets 14 minimum every time I see it

Top Bottom