Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
After you make the choice I mentioned above, you will get a phone call from Mama Welles as soon as you have access to the rest of the city (basically as soon as you leave your apartment when you recover from the chip thing). She'll invite you and there will be a quest for it.
Post automatically merged:

I'll be honest, I was disappointed with the montage, too. I really wanted to be able to hang out with Jackie in real-time, between missions, at least spend some quality time with my bro before the end of the prologue. You end up getting that '6 months later...' montage no matter what lifepath you choose.
EDIT: Personally I loved Jackie and felt pretty attached, despite the fact that they went a bit heavy on the Misty/Jackie thing and not heavy enough on the 'you and Jackie are best buds' thing. It was easy for me to feel invested in him because I was invested in the character since the 45-minute gameplay video back in 2018. lol

Yeah, I didn't pay much attention to gameplay footage as I didnt' want too much spoiler stuff... But it does seem to be a thing these days where folks delve into game characters and feel attached to them before a game is even released. It also must be hard as a developer to not develop blind spots with character development as they've literally spent years with those characters. Coming to the game mostly blind to the story I feel kind of like I started reading a book somewhere in the middle. That's nothing really new though. .Lots of movies and games have tie in books or comics that I don't read and there's often points in certain medias where I go "Huh? Am I supposed to know who that is?' So I guess I'm sort of used to it.

i'm only upset that I didn't get a chance to kill Jackie myself. If there would have been the option to sell him out or sacrifice him I would of. I hated Jackie. As a character and as my character. He literally wouldn't stfu about committing corporate espionage while we were literally in the area of operation committing corporate espionage.

I really hated that. He literally couldn't keep his mouth shut for 5 minutes for the sake of keeping cover. What was worse is that the consequences weren't even related to him running his fat mouth in the crowded lobby in the place we were undercover to rob.

At the end none of it mattered, none of the choices mattered, as well as character actions and motivations didn't matter. Characters did whatever they wanted to drive the story forward, and retroactively justifiy actions or decisions that they only took or changed positions on within a matter of seconds without any motivation to do so, and they don't explain their internal motivation for it either.

I remember a time on the internet where fan-fiction writers on certain sites were held to a higher standard of coherency in rising events, climax, and conclusions of story telling than CDPR seems to have held the CP2077 writers, and the standards other giant game dev companies are held to today.

Last edited:
i'm only upset that I didn't get a chance to kill Jackie myself. If there would have been the option to sell him out or sacrifice him I would of. I hated Jackie. As a character and as my character. He literally wouldn't stfu about committing corporate espionage while we were literally in the area of operation committing corporate espionage.

I really hated that. He literally couldn't keep his mouth shut for 5 minutes for the sake of keeping cover. What was worse is that the consequences weren't even related to him running his fat mouth in the crowded lobby in the place we were undercover to rob.

At the end none of it mattered, none of the choices mattered, as well as character actions and motivations didn't matter. Characters did whatever they wanted to drive the story forward, and retroactively justifiy actions or decisions that they only took or changed positions on within a matter of seconds without any motivation to do so, and they don't explain their internal motivation for it either.

I remember a time on the internet where fan fiction writers on certain sites were held to a higher standard of coherency in rising events, climax, and conclusions of story telling than CDPR seems to have held the CP2077 writers.
It wouldn't make any sense for V to kill Jackie... Lol they're best friends.

But yeah I'm disappointed as much as everyone else seems to be. We didn't get enough time with Jackie. And personally, I think it would've been more impactful if V could've flirted with him or been more than best friends (regardless of gender) a hint of romance in the air so his death would be harder on players.

Who cares about Misty and their relationship if he was going to die so soon.

He's such a great character who should've been able to live or had more time with V- or been a holo ghost like Johnny because he put the chip in his head too. I was wrong about the statue of him as well 😩 so surprised they ruined that for everyone before the game came out. Like... Why?? Lol

It wouldn't make any sense for V to kill Jackie... Lol they're best friends.
AN option that is pretty much forced on you. He is slotted into every backstory. Nomad, he is there. Street kid, you live in his mother's abd, but never see him. In fact, street kid is the only one where you should be friends with him.

Top Bottom