V succeeded in heist, Dexter DeShawn was the one that fucked up

+
Consider this after heist:
  • Relic successfully stolen and in working condition
  • Relic is not stuck in V's head and can be safely removed
  • Safely Delivered to drop point without anybody tailing
  • Arasaka has no clue V has it and not hunting V (likely distracted by Yorinobu cleaning house)
T-Bug and Jackie dying is unfortunate, but they did not had what it takes to handle this level of complications, unlike V. If T-Bug was better hacker or Jackie had more chrome they could have lived, so its on them.

Parker lying and not having clients or money is irrelevant as the relic is prototype Arasaka immortality tech - all the corps in the world would kill for this. Kang Tao even had acquired Hellman to work on this tech so they would have been interested in it for sure and would have made contact if the info that the relic is for sale got around.

But Deshawn shat his pants, damaged relic by botched attempt to kill V so it got activated and become unremovable, then called Takemura to try for some deal with Arasaka and just got killed like retard.

Well, the heist itself was a total mess whichever way you look at it, but it certainly wasn't actually V's fault, or anyone else's. I can understand why DeShawn would try and get out of the mess that was created by stealing the relic, but definitely DeShawn wasn't thinking very cleverly or tactically at all. He couldn't have known, however, that trying to kill V would activate the relic, so can't blame that one on him.

Yeah, the job going south wasn't anyone's fault.

I understand Deshawn shooting V. Arasaka was more likely to trace V than Deshawn, and he wouldn't want V talking to them.

If we are going to blame anyone, I'd blame Jackie for accepting a job we were out of our depth on.

If I have to "blame" someone for heist fail, it would be Evelyn, no doubt. She really piles "mistakes".
- She betrayed those who hired her to only record a DS, the VDBs. The spookiest and best netrunners in town, who have no consideration for anyone else than their own people.
- She tried to cut short Yorinobu to make a deal with Netwatch. Knowing Yorinobu was already in contact with Netwatch to give them the Relic.
- She planned to betray Dex, the fixer she hired.
- She lied to her best friend, Judy.
- She lied to V too.

So with all of that, if would've been a miracle if the heist would've went well :D

T Bug added hours to the heist by underestimating the security in Arasaka's network. I blame her more than anyone else.

Well, there are flaws in your reasoning.
1.) the relic was already damaged, Jackie last reading was 86% and dropping. Considering, he stop and prayed, and man-handled it would of damage it further. In addition taking it out of his head and placing it in V would also degrade it further. How it still working is anyone's guess, as not many chips work with only 99% integrity let alone maybe 70%. It could be the biological components (hence Biochip) kept it together by a shoe string.
2.) Arasaka may not of known who or where right away but man did they learn fast as evident Goro putting a more effective lead pellet in DeShawns head.
As whos fault this is... well the very evil Voodoo boys, who commission Evelyn (which they would of killed if she was successful as per Voodoo boys thing) I do get a sense of satisfaction of Alt frying the buggers..... poetic justice.

As whos fault this is... well the very evil Voodoo boys, who commission Evelyn (which they would of killed if she was successful as per Voodoo boys thing) I do get a sense of satisfaction of Alt frying the buggers..... poetic justice.
This. Unfortunately, you don't find this out until later. In my view, at the core of the matter, it was Evelyn. She was out for herself and lied to everyone, even Judy didn't catch that something was wrong before this even happened. I agree that Evelyn would have been killed by the Voodoo Boys, but apparently she didn't think that one through or she had some plan that she wasn't going to give it to them in the first place, she probably lied to them too, and why not?

Frankly, had the heist been a success, I doubt that she would have even honored any deal she made with V either, possibly even try to kill him / her. You can come up with all kinds of theories about this one.

Top Bottom