Is there any news regarding New game plus?

+
I don't think anyone is arguing against NG+.

A lot of people just don't get it. Myself included. I genuinely don't get it. Even your argument of now being able to focus on the story. I genuinely don't get it. Is having to loot a container that distracting to you?

I understand your argument of having to grind for a week and not remembering where you left the story in a game like Chrono Trigger but you don't have to grind in CP2077 at all. Literally zero grinding is necessary. If you want to focus on the story, you can do so without ever grinding. In what way would an NG+ actually improve your focus on the story? Outside of NCPD scanner event and random GIGs, it's all story anyway. Arguably many of the random GIGs also are. How is having to loot a container so detrimental to your enjoyment of the story?

I'm not attacking you here by the way, I am genuinely interested in the answer because I really don't get it. It doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the story at all. It doesn't distract me from the story at all. That's why it's impossible for me to support an NG+. To me it all sounds only like what people actually want is to start in god mode.

To be clear, I'm not against it either. Even if the real reason is only to start in god mode. I don't care. What you do in your game doesn't affect me so why should I give a fuck, right? I just don't see it happening, CDPR doesn't seem to be interested in it at all. Although, as @Kormac67 pointed out, with level scaling in place, it's probably far easier for them to add it.
I've been playing video games for over 35 years. It's a power fantasy. I'm tired of having to start from scratch. For instance, DooM, a game I've probably spent hundreds of thousands of hours with; I beat the game so many times, that eventually, it became more appealing to use the cheat IKDFA. NG+ is all about creating replayability. It's not about the short term, it's about the long term.

And I used to be a pc gamer, I actually own this game on both Steam and Xbox. So if a push becomes a shove, I can always use Cheat Engine to give me what I want and utilize cloud saves to get my all powerful character on my console. It would be even better, if NG+ was baked into the game.

In the end, it's a feature that adds to replayability and the overall longevity of the game.

Last edited:
I've been playing video games for over 35 years. It's a power fantasy. I'm tired of having to start from scratch. For instance, DooM, a game I've probably spent hundreds of thousands of hours with; I beat the game so many times, that eventually, it became more appealing to use the cheat IKDFA. NG+ is all about creating replayability. It's not about the short term, it's about the long term.
To be honest, I don't get it either :)
For me, "replayabilty" it's to start a new character from scratch and (try to) do things differently which include character build, stuff you equip/use, decisions and so on. So replaying the exact same game but keeping everything as it was in the previous playthrough, is not really appealling to me and not what I would call "replayability".
For example, I never used NG+ in The Witcher 3 (make no sense to me).

The only recent games I played in which I used NG+, it's P5R, because there is no way to do everything in one playthrough (except if you spoil yourself with a soluce and strictly follow it^^) and Starfield.
Starfield, we like it or not, but (surprisingly) bethesda totally nailled NG+ in my opinion. NG+ make sense because you don't "restart" a new playthrough, but continue your adventure. Beside, there are several of main quest variations (around ten I think, which can be totally different from the original one), there are tons of unique NG+ dialogue lines during quests (main/side quests) and even different and unique outcomes for quests.
So yeah, in Starfield case, NG+ is worth it. But in my opinion (just mine^^), in Cyberpunk, it's not :(

To be honest, I don't get it either :)
For me, "replayabilty" it's to start a new character from scratch and (try to) do things differently which include character build, stuff you equip/use, decisions and so on. So replaying the exact same game but keeping everything as it was in the previous playthrough, is not really appealling to me and not what I would call "replayability".
For example, I never used NG+ in The Witcher 3 (make no sense to me).

The only recent games I played in which I used NG+, it's P5R, because there is no way to do everything in one playthrough (except if you spoil yourself with a soluce and strictly follow it^^) and Starfield.
Starfield, we like it or not, but (surprisingly) bethesda totally nailled NG+ in my opinion. NG+ make sense because you don't "restart" a new playthrough, but continue your adventure. Beside, there are several of main quest variations (around ten I think, which can be totally different from the original one), there are tons of unique NG+ dialogue lines during quests (main/side quests) and even different and unique outcomes for quests.
So yeah, in Starfield case, NG+ is worth it. But in my opinion (just mine^^), in Cyberpunk, it's not :(

Thanks and I see your point. ✌️

I was kind of thinking, if NG+ was to become a feature, it would only include loot, not necessarily attributes & perks...unless it's the 3rd playthrough.

I see NG+ as a mechanic that allows for different styles during a playthrough. I'll use Super Mario Bro's as an example.

*Super Mario Brothers. Is Mario their last name? Let's say for example, my name is Mario and my brother's name is Luigi and our last name is Coin. Wouldn't it be Super Coin Bro's? NVM

For most people, on their first playthrough, they're going to stop and smell the coins. You want to become more powerful. Exploration will reward. After you've become familiar with the game, every sequential playthrough nets the same results...with just a small change to the narrative. So what is the motivation to replay the game? A slight deviation from the narrative? That's the pay off? Enter the progress from a prior playthrough.

Last edited:
My first exposure to "the concept which eventually became known as NG+" was Diablo 2. After completing the game on Normal difficulty, you could restart on Nightmare difficulty. Same character, but everything was now scaled-up. You'd continue to level and gain skills and even better loot than when you played on Normal. You could then go one more time for a 3rd playthrough on Hell difficulty.

I even used to use the saying "When it comes to Diablo 2, the game doesn't start until Nightmare difficulty".

For that game, NG+ had a great reason, the difficulty continued to scale and so did the progression & loot etc. On the other hand, I could complete Diablo 2 on Normal difficulty in about 15 hours, and that was being fairly complete about it (doing optional quests etc).

The only other game I've played since, which has NG+ is Grim Dawn (seeing a pattern here?) and yes, I've completed a three-playthrough run of that as well. Other games, which don't have that difficulty-scaling (CP2077 does not, although it potentially could have pre-2.0) NG+ is pointless to me. If CP2077 had it, I wouldn't use the feature. I would just start a new playthrough. A CP2077 playthrough (pre-PL) could merrily take 120 hours if you try to do all of the gigs & scanner hustles.

From my perspective, asking for NG+ is like asking for a garden gnome when you live in an apartment which doesn't have a garden. Sure, you like garden gnomes, but you don't have anywhere to put it. NG+ in CP2077 just doesn't make any sense to me, it'd be a pointless feature just for the sake of it.

If CDPR had infinite money and time to make the game then sure, but they don't and there are much higher-priority things to develop. So I'm perfectly happy that there's no NG+.

No rewards, everything must be earned, regardless of how many times you've been there, done that.

Okay, I've beat the game.

If luck of the drawl brought me my smart iconic SMG last playthrough, what are the chances that'll happen again?

Roll.
None.

Move forward with generic drops. You can play the game over and over again, generic drops...but the story will slightly change.

Confirming...

We cool? I'm not trying to start a fight. It's just a game. I think it would be cool if they included NG+, but if they don't, I'll live!

And I used to be a pc gamer, I actually own this game on both Steam and Xbox. So if a push becomes a shove, I can always use Cheat Engine to give me what I want and utilize cloud saves to get my all powerful character on my console. It would be even better, if NG+ was baked into the game.

In the end, it's a feature that adds to replayability and the overall longevity of the game.

I appreciate the answer and, especially, the honesty.

It's about the power fantasy, not because otherwise you can't enjoy the story. Again, I'm fine with wanting a god mode. I really am. Like I said, what you do in your game doesn't affect me in the slightest, or anyone else for that matter, so why should anyone care what you do in your game.

I just don't get how it makes the game more replayable in CP2077's case.

I guess it comes down to very fundamental differences in how/why we play games. You like the power fantasy whereas I enjoy the struggle. The power fantasy grows old very quickly in my case. It destroys enjoyment and replayability for me. There are very few games in which I used NG+ instead of starting a new game completely. Starfield, like @LeKill3rFou said, weirdly managed to nail NG+ by actually making NG+ very different instead of just starting over in god mode it's a continuation of your play through. @ToreadorVampire also brought up good examples of what is essentially NG+ but is really just a continuation of your play through. That I can stand behind.

That's not what CDPR does though. In TW3, it's really just starting over in god mode and having a few extra things here and there that are largely inconsequential. I would expect CP2077 to be the same and for me that's just not interesting at all. I would rather struggle through it all over again.

We cool? I'm not trying to start a fight. It's just a game. I think it would be cool if they included NG+, but if they don't, I'll live!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain everyone is cool with this conversation. We're really just exchanging points of view and, potentially, gaining a better understanding of each other's point of view.

I think a new game plus is well needed in this game. There’s a lot of endgame weapons and cyberwear. I would like to put to use in the beginning, then to only play with at the end.

Top Bottom