Is there any news regarding New game plus?

+
I know there was a bit of back and forth regarding NG+ but now that PL launched I wanted to know if there is any news about it. Personally, I think that CP needs a new game plus, really hope CDPR will implement it.

Yeah I'm getting used to disappointment at this point. Waiting three years to play this game on my PS5 only to see now people have save files being ruined. Cdpr needs to get it together for real. This is bad and they're celebrating for some reason. Okay then.

I understand your frustrations, for the console player was rough, especially when the game was launched. For me personally, a PC player, the disappointment has more to do with the fact that NG+ offers a different perspective when playing the same game, you are not focused on leveling, you get to slow down the pace of the game and you know, do it in style with your gear from the previous game. PL+2.0 offers a different view of the game, one that I intend to relive it over and over and yes I know that mods will fix this, but still, NG+ would have been a nice addition to CP.

Yeah at this point CDK is done with 2077 and probably relieved they are leaving this nightmare behind.

NG+ was never promised by CDPR, it was never even suggested I don't think. You're complaining because they didn't put an arbitrary feature in the game.

Games don't need to have everything-including-the-kitchen-sink. Just start the game again, with a different play style/build; there's plenty to choose from.

At really high levels you should be steamrolling through all of the opposition anyway, so NG+ would be pretty dull IMO.

NG+ was never promised by CDPR, it was never even suggested I don't think. You're complaining because they didn't put an arbitrary feature in the game.

Games don't need to have everything-including-the-kitchen-sink. Just start the game again, with a different play style/build; there's plenty to choose from.

At really high levels you should be steamrolling through all of the opposition anyway, so NG+ would be pretty dull IMO.
Promised no, suggested yes. Also starting a NG+ is not the same as starting a new game, difficulty aside.
If I want to be max level and have my perks, I can just install cyber engine tweaks and add the level and perks that I need.

Posts that had nothing to do with the actual topic have been deleted. Derailing threads is not allowed, especially when it's for the purpose of ranting and/or posting accusations.

I'm still on board for NG+. From what I've read, it was never officially denounced...and at the end of the day, implementing it shouldn't be all that complicated.

Last edited:
With the newly introduced level scaling NG+ should be doable, yeah.
But I have made 3 playthroughs and they worked well even without NG+.
Planning to do a 4th with 2.0 some day (just played PL on an existing save).

TW3 had NG+ so its not as if its some sort of wild new concept for CDPR, so I'm not sure why they haven't implemented it :shrug:

Don't think anyone is accusing Cyberpunk 2077 of having everything. Nice of you to come to it's defense I guess.

I wouldn't use newgame+ much myself either but it'd be nice to have considering it's one of those things that can be sort of done on pc with mods but isn't available to console players.

I'm with you though, I just start over, progression is part of the fun for me.

I understand your frustrations, for the console player was rough, especially when the game was launched. For me personally, a PC player, the disappointment has more to do with the fact that NG+ offers a different perspective when playing the same game, you are not focused on leveling, you get to slow down the pace of the game and you know, do it in style with your gear from the previous game. PL+2.0 offers a different view of the game, one that I intend to relive it over and over and yes I know that mods will fix this, but still, NG+ would have been a nice addition to CP.
Not exactly what you want but afaik the point of no return allows you to revert back to that point and carry on from there after completing the game, so it is already a NG+ type of thing in game. Assuming you are already max level there, and keeping in mind you have a the ability to respec your attributes once, if you get there and do very little of the optional content, maybe just grinding scanner hustles for XP and cash at that point to get to max level, you basically have a NG+ option already.
You could also just make a META save there and there you go instant NG+.
By that point all you are really locked into is your life path and doing the act 2s main quests.

I don't know why anyone would argue against NG+. For a player like me, I welcome it because during my first play through, I spend a whole lot of time grinding for levels and gear (been doing it since the first Dragon Warrior), which can take away from the overall flow of the game.

"I just spent a couple of hours over the last week grinding, now where did I leave off in the story..."

Heck, I remember the first time I heard of NG+, in Chrono Trigger...a second play through, where I don't have to open every chest and talk to every npc...and I can just focus on the story? Heck yeah!

So with NG+, having the potential to start a new, knowing I can pay full attention to the story, because I've already done the grinding...it's very appealing.

I don't know why anyone would argue against NG+. For a player like me, I welcome it because during my first play through, I spend a whole lot of time grinding for levels and gear (been doing it since the first Dragon Warrior), which can take away from the overall flow of the game.

"I just spent a couple of hours over the last week grinding, now where did I leave off in the story..."

Heck, I remember the first time I heard of NG+, in Chrono Trigger...a second play through, where I don't have to open every chest and talk to every npc...and I can just focus on the story? Heck yeah!

So with NG+, having the potential to start a new, knowing I can pay full attention to the story, because I've already done the grinding...it's very appealing.

I don't think anyone is arguing against NG+.

A lot of people just don't get it. Myself included. I genuinely don't get it. Even your argument of now being able to focus on the story. I genuinely don't get it. Is having to loot a container that distracting to you?

I understand your argument of having to grind for a week and not remembering where you left the story in a game like Chrono Trigger but you don't have to grind in CP2077 at all. Literally zero grinding is necessary. If you want to focus on the story, you can do so without ever grinding. In what way would an NG+ actually improve your focus on the story? Outside of NCPD scanner event and random GIGs, it's all story anyway. Arguably many of the random GIGs also are. How is having to loot a container so detrimental to your enjoyment of the story?

I'm not attacking you here by the way, I am genuinely interested in the answer because I really don't get it. It doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the story at all. It doesn't distract me from the story at all. That's why it's impossible for me to support an NG+. To me it all sounds only like what people actually want is to start in god mode.

To be clear, I'm not against it either. Even if the real reason is only to start in god mode. I don't care. What you do in your game doesn't affect me so why should I give a fuck, right? I just don't see it happening, CDPR doesn't seem to be interested in it at all. Although, as @Kormac67 pointed out, with level scaling in place, it's probably far easier for them to add it.

Top Bottom