Issues worth looking at

+
I played on red, against Ciri Isgith(of course, Goiden Nekker still unstoppable), and played Fog, just to pass on 7 cards, cause of course that's the only option I have with Aerondight and Ring constantly ticking on their side, with 30 points missing to catch up :cry:

Fog had on target his Isgith fruit with 2 health, which was then removed as it should, but my enemy was able to re-create that fruit straight after, in the same turn, which seems wrong. That's because you can only use Isgith fruit ability, if there were no other fruits on your side of the table at the start of your turn. The problem is, that Fog(according to it's description) removed his Fruit at the start of his turn, so he should not be able to use Isgith fruit ability until next turn. Correct?

DRK3

Forum veteran
The description isnt the best. You're right it says 'at the start of turn', except that concept for CDPR apparently means 'right before the turn starts' and the weather effects tick at a time between turns.

I'm not sure if this was being addressed at all, would be great I guess, it would make weather effects more viable against very popular Isgith lineups.

Anyhow, I found other problem in the meantime.

Eist is broken when played from Magic Compass, looks like his ability works unconditionally. The player still drew/discarded Jutta without having to meet Bloodthirst 3 criteria. I assume it's due to Magic Compass, cause this is how Eist was played.

As you can also see, his deck is not even in Devotion format, nor it is a Blaze of Glory ability that could pull Jutta without Bloodthirst 3 condition.

Sad thing is, that was used by a player with like 7k wins on his account. Instead of reporting, he's abusing the expliot.

Attachments

• eist.png
    eist.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
The description isnt the best. You're right it says 'at the start of turn', except that concept for CDPR apparently means 'right before the turn starts' and the weather effects tick at a time between turns.
It works correctly. Remember about the order in which abilities trigger: melee -> ranged -> hand, leader, graveyard, deck (I don't remember the order for the last ones). So weather on board triggered first, then leader's ability checked and there was no Fruit on board.

It works correctly. Remember about the order in which abilities trigger: melee -> ranged -> hand, leader, graveyard, deck (I don't remember the order for the last ones). So weather on board triggered first, then leader's ability checked and there was no Fruit on board.
It's either the way weather effects work, or it's Fruit of Isgith ability that is triggered incorrectly. According to all set rules, Isgith player should not be able to spawn Isgith fruit if he had one destroyed by Fog or any other weather effect at the start of their turn.

There are other issues related to "checking" order/turns of things, that have direct impact on our matches. One way or another, I will list those later.

Another issue I've found, long time ago actually, is Caranthir triggering Thrive of a unit he spawns. Obviously Caranthir is already on the board when new unit is spawned, so he should not trigger Thrive. This is not just extra 1 power, but a boost to Koschey's survivability, that could make a difference between extra 15-20 points at the end of the round. That's because you need 4pt, instead of 3pt removal, which is obviously huge for some archetypes.

I'm pretty sure it's obvious that turn of events when cards are played makes no sense and it's sad to see this is still a problem after over a year since first report.

Related to the bug above.

Vilgefortz getting poisoned by Fallen Rayla after destroying a unit - if he happens to pull Rayla from top of the deck, she will apply Poison as if Vilgefortz was played while she was already on the board.

Extra poison from Rayla before removed or 1 extra point on Koschey are making a difference in some games.

Surely this does not work as intended.

Uber croupier all those things arent bug, you just need to understand how The game And it's mechanics works.

When you play a card with deploy you need to understand that everything will work "at The same time".

So When Caranthir creates another unit and automatically procs the thrive its because the unit created and Caranthir goes to the board happens at "The same time".

Thats works with vilgefortz too. When you play it and it pull rayla its like rayla and vilgefortz goes to The board at The same time.

Thats also happens if you pull out, as example, arnghad, wich vilgefortz will duel with it
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure if this was being addressed at all, would be great I guess, it would make weather effects more viable against very popular Isgith lineups.

Anyhow, I found other problem in the meantime.

Eist is broken when played from Magic Compass, looks like his ability works unconditionally. The player still drew/discarded Jutta without having to meet Bloodthirst 3 criteria. I assume it's due to Magic Compass, cause this is how Eist was played.

As you can also see, his deck is not even in Devotion format, nor it is a Blaze of Glory ability that could pull Jutta without Bloodthirst 3 condition.

Sad thing is, that was used by a player with like 7k wins on his account. Instead of reporting, he's abusing the expliot.
Here your opponent isnt exploiting a bug.

As you can see in your picture, he had radeyah in front row, wich creates his tactical advantage, and, in this case, it was Mask of urabouros.

And guess what? Mask you buy a card and discard a card, so when he used it with eist on board the discarded card (in this case, jutta) back to board

You're right about Eist. This play must have slipped when I did something else outside of game - makese sense, and I'm glad nothing is wrong with it.

Regarding Deploy, Caranthir is already on the table, he shouldn't prog thrive - it's really that simple. To prog thrive, unit must be on the table - it's not there before Caranthir is played. It takes 3 steps to spawn a unit, but even if it was one, Caranthir would always be played before unit he spawns.

The same for Rayla or Arnachad - Vilge is already on the table, he was not played while Rayla/Arna is already on the table, Vilge summoned a card after he was already deployed.

Design for this mechanic is outdated, it feels as if it was created while cards we mentioned above were absent - and indeed they were. While I understand how it works from design perspective, it is not exactly in the right place.

Yes, it's confusing. Based on the texts and what you see touching the board first, it should work as you say but in fact, it's simultaneous.
EDIT : I don't play much Nilfgaard but does Vilgefortz float in the air, destroy an enemy unit, summon the first card ot the opponent deck and THEN land on the board ? And same for Caranthir (float, create, then land) ? If it's the case, there's a kind of logic...

About mechanics -it's not a bug- I'm now super confused with the order of resolution when you play several cards.
An example : I play Golden Nekker to fish for a Runestone. With the Nekker, you play a unit, then the special (runestone) where you select a card to create, then the artifact and last, the new created card...
I have no problem if it prevents overly broken interactions but it's super NOT intuitive. I play fast so I messed up placement many times because of that, even if I tell myself "be careful, the order has changed", I forget it half of the time.

Deploy abilities are not simultaneous, at least not all of them, and seemingly same abilities work and impact gameplay differently.

If the rule for Deploy abilities resolving simultaneously was true, all Deploy abilities would resolve in the same way - at least similar abilities, like dealing series of damage.

Trying to prove my point, will work out an example with Blind Fury and Geatan.
While their description is different, they both deal series of damage when Deployed.

If you manage to max Gaetan's damage to 8, by moving 8 units, and your opponent controls fully healed Tuirseach Veteran or Svalblod Totem with 2 Fanatics, those units will be killed clearing the board.

If you do that with Filippa:
Veteran will be fully healed at 1 power, with 5 power remaining.
or
Second Fanatic will be turned into Abomination, that will later be damaged by 2 + 1, with 3 power remaining.

Mind you, Filippa reads:
"Damage an enemy unit by 4, then damage random enemy units by 3,2,1."
not
Damage an enemy unit by 4, then damage random enemy units by 3, then by 2, then by 1.

That means the damage of 3 + 2 + 1 should execute immediately, clearing the board, just like Geatan would - if Deploy abilities would indeed resolve simultaneously.

Yes, active Deploy cards float when executing their abilities - why would animation have anything to do with impact on the gameplay? It's a turn-based game, we play the card, then things happen at the moment it touches the table, every card game works this way.

IMHO all of this is simply an outdated Deploy mechanic that aged very badly, same for weather mechanics that resolve between player's turns, not at the start of a player's turn as per description of every weather card - which also has impact on some games.

Top Bottom