It's really dissapointing.

+
Ok so we can agree that the game is none linear but the story has linear elements baked into it? Many games do this illusion stuff because its cheaper and less complex to produce, i'm not sure i know of any games that truly have a none linear story which is dynamic in that sense... the Witcher is very like Cyberpunk in this aspect
The game mechanics are non-linear yeah but the story has linear elements. I can agree with that. I guess it's very difficult to create a truly non linear story

well as for me i like the game runs smooth had no problems. just started but if you game you know things take time if you judge a game in the first month or two you're doing it a disservice. in 6 months no good updates or content things will be different. i like the game and will stay

Guest 4406876

Then we'd get an insane level of detail and polish but a fairly mediocre story... on consoles. And a buggy PC port 6-12 months later. :p And then a barren and empty multiplayer choke-full of microtransactions. xD
Still it sounds much better than CP77 today.

Except that the Witcher never boasted to offer "a very high degree of replayability due to lifepaths", etc... so the criticism is very much valid when it turns out that the advertised replayability (a significantly different experience) doesn't remotely live up to the actual product.

Just as Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't live up to almost all of its promises... the story itself may be great (still can't play since on my resolution even UI and Interface are broken), but aside from that, the game is a major letdown on all fronts, and even worse than that, it's missing gameplay loops and side activities that even fairly recent trailers clearly told us would be in the game.

In short, once again, 2077 wasn't even remotely close to being release-ready, as objectively judged it is still in its earliest days of Beta, what with not even being feature complete.

Personally, I really wish I could just get a refund for my Collector's Edition... I had to save up for almost two years because I have so little income, but I wanted to do this to support CDPR, a company which I used to truly admire for their work and "by gamers for gamers" attitude... and now it turns out that these days, CDPR really isn't worthy of either my trust, admiration, or support.

And that's coming from a PC version-experience... never mind the unholy shitshow the PS4 & XBOne customers have had to endure.

CDPR joining the stock market was the worst possible thing they could have done... because in my opinion, this entire desaster is down to one reason, and one reason only:

Shareholder greed.
Post automatically merged:

well as for me i like the game runs smooth had no problems. just started but if you game you know things take time if you judge a game in the first month or two you're doing it a disservice. in 6 months no good updates or content things will be different. i like the game and will stay

You're doing the gaming community a disservice, actually, by whitewashing bad behaviour by publishers/studios.

It is most certainly not okay to release an unfinished, in parts broken, and content-wise incomplete game, all the while calling it a finished and complete release master.

It is most certainly not okay to sell something for full price, call it a finished release master, and then expect customers to wait another half a year until the product is actually finally resembling the very thing it was sold as half a year ago.

It's nice of you to be tolerant, sure, but there's an important difference between having patience and allowing someone you've paid good money to, to take advantage of your trust and loyalty.

Last edited:
Except that the Witcher never boasted to offer "a very high degree of replayability due to lifepaths", etc... so the criticism is very much valid when it turns out that the advertised replayability (a significantly different experience) doesn't remotely live up to the actual product.

Just as Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't live up to almost all of its promises... the story itself may be great (still can't play since on my resolution even UI and Interface are broken), but aside from that, the game is a major letdown on all fronts, and even worse than that, it's missing gameplay loops and side activities that even fairly recent trailers clearly told us would be in the game.

In short, once again, 2077 wasn't even remotely close to being release-ready, as objectively judged it is still in its earliest days of Beta, what with not even being feature complete.

Personally, I really wish I could just get a refund for my Collector's Edition... I had to save up for almost two years because I have so little income, but I wanted to do this to support CDPR, a company which I used to truly admire for their work and "by gamers for gamers" attitude... and now it turns out that these days, CDPR really isn't worthy of either my trust, admiration, or support.

And that's coming from a PC version-experience... never mind the unholy shitshow the PS4 & XBOne customers have had to endure.

CDPR joining the stock market was the worst possible thing they could have done... because in my opinion, this entire desaster is down to one reason, and one reason only:

Shareholder greed.
Post automatically merged:

You're doing the gaming community a disservice, actually, by whitewashing bad behaviour by publishers/studios.

It is most certainly not okay to release an unfinished, in parts broken, and content-wise incomplete game, all the while calling it a finished and complete release master.

It is most certainly not okay to sell something for full price, call it a finished release master, and then expect customers to wait another half a year until the product is actually finally resembling the very thing it was sold as half a year ago.

It's nice of you to be tolerant, sure, but there's an important difference between having patience and allowing someone you've paid good money to take advantage of your trust and loyalty.
I was going to write responses but you have worded everything perfectly.

This is going to be long text and just my personal opinion. I really tried to keep my expectations with this game realistic. I really didn't expect a perfect game. But I have played for about 30 hours now and damn it's pretty disappointing in general, just a mediocre shooter. And I am hardly the only one who thinks that. For starters, I want to say that I think the main story is great, and easily the best part about the entire game along with the sound design and music. Really the only thing worth playing it for.

The character creator? like what happened?
There is almost no way to customize your body or face except for a few simple options. I mean yay for genitals but that's it. Even demon souls have a deeper character creator than this. is especially Ironic since there is a text at the top of the character creator telling you that appearance is everything in this world or something like that. This leads to an even funnier point that they don't even have hairdressers or plastic surgeons in the year 2077. For a game all about appearance and style, you would think they would at least have hairdressers.

The game on pc at 2k ultra looks mostly good, runs decent, and has plenty of atmospheres. But boy does it vary from area to area. Not to mention bugs and clip-ins galore. But while the city is bustling with life it also feels dead. You cant really live yourself into the city. Walk around and eat food from a stand or sit and drink at a bar for a while drinking and watching strippers or something. The game is heavy on atmosphere and life but is missing all the details which make a city feel alive. The game also has severe problems with NPC's not having any substance. I recall them talking about oh there would be 100's or even 1000s of NPCs that would be unique and cool with their own dynamic lives in the bustling city. I mean yeah there is a lot of NPCs in certain streets but they don't really do anything but walk and stand around. Occasionally you hear some amusing dialogue or the cops bust someone but that's about it.

Side jobs are for the most part just your boring cookie-cutter jobs like in most "RPG" and open-world games. Save someone here, kill someone here, collect item here. Sometimes there are some interesting side jobs with fun characters or rewards but they still have the same old formulas like the other side jobs.

But the worst part of all that really kills the game for me is the very simple gameplay loop over and over again which again is not new to current-day open-world games or RPGs. Sure the game has hacking, stealth, melee, gunplay, and cyberware for your body. This is cool at the start of the game and the first few hours, but as you progress you realize just how shallow and boring all of it really is. All of the combat, stealth, and hacking is like a budget version of Deus Ex. Fair enough not exactly the same type of game but that still doesn't disapprove my point that for example, the stealth in Deus ex is way more varied and interesting in the way you can hack and take down your enemies.

Stealth in this game and its entire skill tree is useless and boring. You only really have two options and that is to either sneak up and break their necks or choke them. What happened with the awesome stealth-like kills and distant wire hacking we saw in previous gameplay by using the awesome cyberware like mantis blades or the wire? They removed the special kills from them completely and they are just basic melee weapons. Not to mention the cyberware which flavour text says you can force open doors. It doesn't, you just need a high body stat. You might as well use the katana or any other melee weapon. Melee however also just suffers from the same problem, Lack of variation. All the melee weapons just have the same boring combos over and over with the same boring kill animations. Not to mention the melee combat, in general, is all-around quite clunky. Didn't they promise to fix that before release? Looks the same to me.

Hacking sure adds a few interesting elements to the gameplay. I've tried at least 15+ of them and for the most part, I think the hacks are pretty boring. They don't really do anything special. It really just boils down to damage the enemy or slightly inconvenience them. Maybe I just haven't found the interesting ones yet?

That brings us to the only strong part about the gameplay and that is the shooting part. I mean it's just like playing a really good FPS. But that's it.
They honestly should have just made the game a pure cyberpunk FPS with a more linear story and less or maybe even no open world. Considering how many flaws this game has that actually might have made it better. Especially since the story is the strong part. Feels like almost every single big game released this day has to be an open-world game with generic gameplay and jampacked with cookie-cutter side missions and collectibles.

Most critics seem to give the game a raving score and I cant seem to understand why. Same with the raving reviews on steam with a lot of people claiming that the game will be better over time as they add more things and maybe even add the missing things. But that just means the game wasn't finished to start with, how in the world is that a good thing? If I buy a game I expect it to be finished except for story-related DLC and such, not that I have to wait for months or even years for them to perfect a game that should already be done. Witcher 3 suffered from a similar problem at the start. If the game is not done, then don't release it. It's that damn simple.

But hey this is just one silly person's opinion. You can love and enjoy the game as much as you want. But for me, it's just another overhyped and disappointing game that could have been so much more. I will even go as far as to say that it's a very Bethesda-like move to overhype and promise so many things and release a game without half of em. Just look at the 2018 cyberpunk world and gameplay. Then compare it to the game from 5 months ago or from now. It's ridiculous.

Oh and all of this disappointment is on pc. I can't even imagine how disappointing this game is for the people who play it on last-gen consoles considering the number of problems it has.

Sad part is I think it will take a long time to address these real problems since they will be fixing the console issues first. It was a bad idea to try to release this on PC AND several different consoles all at once. They should have stuck to PC, fixed bugs, clipping, got the game fleshed out and then port to consoles.

This game at release makes me very much think of how NMS released, lets just hope CDPR can fix the game like how Hello Games fixed up NMS.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 should have just been an animated film. That's all it is, at the end of the day. The game doesn't know whether it's an open-world RPG, a cinematic game, an FPS, or a walking simulator.

Cyberpunk 2077 should have just been an animated film. That's all it is, at the end of the day. The game doesn't know whether it's an open-world RPG, a cinematic game, an FPS, or a walking simulator.

Its an open world adventure shooter RPG, nothing wrong with innovating but yeah i just wish they went to town on the systems they added to the game and really went deep with them. The wanted system is one of the biggest let downs for me, the fact i can kill a civ and just drive off with no chase is quite sad really

Yup.. I don't get it either... No Man's Sky had more promised features in it than this game, and was more polished at release... Yet Sean gets crucified for it, with no exceptions, even as he claimed numerous times before release that he promises to give free updates forever, and add in content that didn't get in at release...

Meanwhile CDPR... flakes out on 90% of the promised content, buggy, horrible mess of a game, and everyone makes excuses for them....

Yup.. I don't get it either... No Man's Sky had more promised features in it than this game, and was more polished at release... Yet Sean gets crucified for it, with no exceptions, even as he claimed numerous times before release that he promises to give free updates forever, and add in content that didn't get in at release...

Meanwhile CDPR... flakes out on 90% of the promised content, buggy, horrible mess of a game, and everyone makes excuses for them....
CDPR has committed the worst release state of any other tripple A company so far imo, i've never played a game quite this buggy... Still great fun but i really hope they turn it all round and also improve the core gameplay systems

CDPR has committed the worst release state of any other tripple A company so far imo, i've never played a game quite this buggy... Still great fun but i really hope they turn it all round and also improve the core gameplay systems
I'm sure they will be able to turn it around. They should have just released it next year, to be honest. They KNEW it was like this and still released it. Disappointing move from CDPR and they've lost a lot of support.

Agree, however CP2077 isn't doomed yet, I hope CDPR gonna expand the gameplay especially free-roam gameplay with future DLC's, but before that obviously we gonna need to wait for all the bugs fixed.

Like some mentioned it's basically a Witcher 3 reskin so far, well atleast CP2077 is way better than Watch Dogs series.

Last edited:
These will never get added.

They'll hold off everything for the gtaonline component.

No matter their reputation gta normies and kids will flock the game and make them billions.

edit: really hoping im wrong, but so far everything I've said bout the game turned out to be true.

You are not wrong The city is nice to look at and you see the NPCs walking about and there's and they do look different but at the end of the day like you said it almost feels lifeless. You cant interactive with almost anything that you see on the street which is bad because thats what they were advertising. I also didn't like how the character customization got downgraded if I remember correctly they even had sliders so the customization was even more in-depth. The game concept is amazing and I think they could pull it off but they need lots of time. They should look at how Rockstar makes thier cities when it comes AI and interactivity.
The NPC AI"s in this game is the same as GTAV - Lifeless.

So... never played a game of bethesda on release? Or AC Unity?

I mean for real. The game is buggy, but you guys are relly being drama queens.

I personally have been having issues with loading points sometimes a lot of the time my gun will not unload into my hands so I have to reload the entire area

I had this game on pre-order for so long. And other than amazing visuals, with RT on, everything else fell far below my expectations. Sure, there are some disturbing visual bugs, like not able to see your own reflection for one. But so far, not too bad.

The gameplay elements however.....

- Character creator? Basic as heck. Fixed faces and options, and you can't even zoom in out to fine tune. Ugh.
- NPC interaction? Zip. Even dialog is static for the most part with storyline NPCs.
- Open world? I couldn't even wander out of Watson in the initial stages of the game.... it's basically linear.
- Body modification was so basic... it's like putting a scope on your gun.... makes it so trivial
- Hacking becomes a game of... erm...Sudoku? or a one click thing
- Gunfights are hilarious, with NPC AI being so basic
- Near ZERO RPG elements. Even Fallout 4 had more RPG than this.

So many more, but others have said it.

This game is basically, Grand Theft Auto 2077.

I'm afraid CDPR spent so much time on cosmetics, they lost sight of core gameplay.

Sorry guys, it's kinda an epic fail in that aspect, especially given the hype and expectation built up for so so long.
Everything else, bar the visuals, need a HUGE revamp.

Top Bottom