Johnny Silverhand Toy and Cyberpunk 2020!

+

"7-Inch scale figure comes with a Base, Malorian Gun, and Duffle Bag with Atomic Bomb "

What do these refer to? Two pieces of Cyberpunk Lore!

Malorian.JPG

and

8hSq3NX.jpg

So some context. At the end of the Fourth Corporate War, Militech hired a team(s) to go into Arasaka Tower, with a nuke, and finish the war. Johnny is part of that team, since they find out that Alt is held inside in digital form.

Once inside, things get messy and the nuke detonates.

So the toy tells us that Johnny's current appearance is probably the one he died in. Combat armour, his sidearm and the infamous nuke. With, okay, kind of silly, a Samurai-branded duffle bag. Although, sure, it is cool.

This seems to indicate that Johnny's digital form is based on the last time he was alive and that he is now wholly digital and not a reprojection of a real, moving person somewhere.

Or McFarlane Toys did some research first - which is possible but the Malorian is a relatively unknown part of Silverhand lore.

I never knew about the Malorian either, that's a really cool gun.
It's basically a modified M1911. But there are many good reasons a weapon adopted in 1911 (designed in 1906) is both still around and still very popular.

1578306287201.png

From "deep dive" video. That's the malorian. Or at least that's what I've heard from people who watched the uncut version at conventions.

Last edited:
Or McFarlane Toys did some research first - which is possible but the Malorian is a relatively unknown part of Silverhand lore.

Yeah, I have an easier time believing that CDPR, being the superfans that they are, fed the company the appropriate information.

Top Bottom