Just started Fallout 4, What CP could have learned

+
I find it quite strange that you would be OK with it if they just call it an action adventure.
Also I do not think that open world has to be sandbox.

Honestly the gang wars are, to me, as expentable as a bullet after effects, ability to play baseball and such. Those are sandbox elements could be cool, yes. But I'm OK with open world being background and the story the focus.
That said, Yes, I do miss some crime system, cops AI, drivers AI...

In F4 I could help settlements, grow vegetables, help settlements, build settlements, helps settlement and much more... but I couldn't care less about the characters and factions. Ultimately I do not want to interact them any way.

That is why I prefer CP, even though I can't help settlements here.

I don't understand the need to compare games, to be honest. It's like comparing two people because they look differently. CP2077 is CP2077 and FO4 is FO4 :shrug:

Comparing allows potential for improvement and adjustment.

Parts of a game can be considered "better" (subjectively or objectively, more or less) and can be promoted. Same for "bad" parts, that can be avoided in turn or fixed.

I find it quite strange that you would be OK with it if they just call it an action adventure.
Also I do not think that open world has to be sandbox.

Honestly the gang wars are, to me, as expentable as a bullet after effects, ability to play baseball and such. Those are sandbox elements could be cool, yes. But I'm OK with open world being background and the story the focus.
That said, Yes, I do miss some crime system, cops AI, drivers AI...

In F4 I could help settlements, grow vegetables, help settlements, build settlements, helps settlement and much more... but I couldn't care less about the characters and factions. Ultimately I do not want to interact them any way.

That is why I prefer CP, even though I can't help settlements here.
I completely agree with not really caring about characters in FO4, except Dogmeat :D

But I think the reason for that is how well the characters are acted in CP, because they really nail that part. Which in contrast is probably in my opinion the weakest point in both FO4 and Skyrim, the acting here is just way off to the point that you really don't care much about them.

In regards to the rest, to me all these things is what helps make it immersive, it might be waste of time being able to go to a bar and drink or have a good time with Jackie or Judy etc. Because eventually it might not give you any XP or items anyway. But purely from the perspective of immersion, which clearly is what CP is aiming for, these things matters. Almost as much as how your character look despite it being 1st person, whenever you open your character sheet and your "Badass" merc look like something that just came from a circus arena, that ruins immersion as well.

And honestly in these types of games, I think such things are expected now, due to GTA. So if you copy them, you should expect players to also expect these things to be there and maybe even improved on.

Even Mafia (I think it was) you could work as a taxi driver, I think it was. Can't remember if you could do something else as well.

In regards to it being fine for them to just call it an adventure game, is not true, I want them to make it into a RPG as they said they would.
And for them to do that and make it one that I would really enjoy for the long run, I prefer that they copied from what is possible in Fallout and improved on that, rather than GTA. And if they don't care to add extra functionalities, then at least open it for modders and let them mod the hell out of it.

Comparing allows potential for improvement and adjustment.

Parts of a game can be considered "better" (subjectively or objectively, more or less) and can be promoted. Same for "bad" parts, that can be avoided in turn or fixed.

Comparing is useless, in my opinion. In general, improvement is inherent to any game after its release. Simply comparing one game to another is not going to make it better. I think constructive criticism is better. But that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course :ok:

Fallout 4 at least gives you a vision from all sides of conflict and a liberty to choose what side you're on. With all consequences, benefits and troubles. No one tells you if your doing right or wrong. No one judges you. And no one claims some party to be worse than other. You learn the story by yourself, you decide what's right and what's wrong by yourself. Its priceless. Even if the game by itself isnt super.

No one judges you.

Well, technically at least two other factions judge you based on what side you pick, but I get your idea. FO4 wasn't "marvellous" in every aspect. But solid in many. And I personally liked the choice I had in picking sides and seeing things from other angles while belonging to a faction.

This doesn't automatically make a game great or is everything - but for me, it's already a lot if the rest is solid or decent. And given the relative open world and mods, all in all I am happy about it and it's a game I kept coming back to several times, with several new game starts. The same for Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

I might be nitpicky here or not have the best preference for some, but I feel if CP2077 had allowed more branching out and picking sides throughout the game and / or based no life paths, plus offer some seemingly cut content and other things to do in the city (or add it in the long run) then it would be perfect for me in what it offers and portrays with its genre and themes.

It can still get there. Depends on what time and interest of the company as a whole, from shareholders to management to employees making suggestions or giving impulses. And of course how public feedback is perceived and valued or prioritized based on the direction decided for this product.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Comparing is useless, in my opinion. In general, improvement is inherent to any game after its release. Simply comparing one game to another is not going to make it better. I think constructive criticism is better. But that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course :ok:
But a lot of it is also for using references to similar games simply to make it easier to explain what is meant, rather than having to explain it from scratch. My guess is that most people that play CP have also tried one of the Fallout games.

For instance, I don't think CP makes terrible good use of all the junk you can collect in the game, therefore I can compare it to Fallout 4 which I think makes excellent use of it, because all of it have some value or can be used at some point, especially if you use mods.

So to me that is constructive criticism, because most people that have played Fallout 4 will know what I mean.

I agree that it is not very useful, if one is simply comparing games, in regards to which is best. But rather how one system used in one, could have benefitted the other.

There is nothing positive to learn from the absolute disgrace that is Fallout 4.

Great companion system and Far Harbor is probably the best piece of RPG content Bethesda has produced since Morrowind. I wouldn't argue with somebody if they said Far Harbor is Bethesda's Magnum Opus.

They shit the bed with 76 though.

I love fallout 4. I don't think I've ever finished the main quest in my years of playing it. I know of the main quest - I was late to the game (only a few years ago started it). I just try builds... and mods... and more builds. Settlement building etc. It's a relaxing sandbox for me really. New startups, and expanded settlements, modifying weapons and armor etc. Always something interesting to try out and do.

One thing that CDPR could have learned is how to implement 3rd / 1st person view with the flick of a mouse wheel (or button). :)
Beth doesn't seem to have a problem (among many they do have) with switching models (and animations) that work in 1st and 3rd almost instantly.

I love fallout 4. I don't think I've ever finished the main quest in my years of playing it. I know of the main quest - I was late to the game (only a few years ago started it). I just try builds... and mods... and more builds. Settlement building etc. It's a relaxing sandbox for me really. New startups, and expanded settlements, modifying weapons and armor etc. Always something interesting to try out and do.

One thing that CDPR could have learned is how to implement 3rd / 1st person view with the flick of a mouse wheel (or button). :)
Beth doesn't seem to have a problem (among many they do have) with switching models (and animations) that work in 1st and 3rd almost instantly.
There are a lot of cool things in FO4, that I think people might under appreciate, like the power armors, that you can call Vertibirds, that when the Brotherhood of steel shows up, you actually meet them around the map. That caravans actually travels from camp to camp.

It would have been very easy for them to just make the Vertibirds a sort of fast travel mechanic and the caravans just sitting at a "manager" chair.

That you can change the look of lots of items etc. Both for you and your companions. I never completed it either as I end up like you, just "fooling" around. But the more I play it and with mods etc. It really cool to be honest and so many things to do.

Top Bottom