Katakan useless

+
Personally I run Katakan as a card that can be used as graveyard control, on matchups like Northern Realms Katakan can be used to eat up towers, trebuchets, or Dandelion. Against non graveyard reliant decks, getting to pick the biggest minion to eat also means higher power than ghoul.

it can be really good. if you start out with kayran, eat a minion and get it up to 20-25, try to win the round then lock kayran when you get your opponent to pass, lock him and you made a 20 something hp katakan eat him with your unseen elder to keep him alive or risk eatiing him with an ekimara.

Charm_quark2;n7731760 said:
@Chaob_N7
Based on lore? :D I would love to know what Lore are you referring to. To my knowledge we know basically nothing about Vrans. Mainly because Sapkowski simply came up with them as some lizard humanoid race for one single story and then never mentioned them again. So anything we may know about them is from Witcher games (still isnt much) and is purely from imagination of CDPR and so anything they say in this matter shall be lore :) .
Talking about lore purity. How about Caretaker? Last time I checked he was caretaker not carpenter, so how exactly is he "resurrecting" boats and siege weapons? :D

LOL. "Lore" in a video game = the guy they hired that previously sat at a Starbuck's all day with his MacBook posing as a "writer".

Video game (actually 99% of all game) "lore" is basically medicore at best fast food that's modified as needed.

Instead of insulting the concept of true lore it should be called "Elevator Music Story Background"

During Closed Beta it was problematic but yeah, with the beginning of Open Beta it's definitely a good card.

ImKingFlippyNips;n8640920 said:
it can be really good. if you start out with kayran, eat a minion and get it up to 20-25, try to win the round then lock kayran when you get your opponent to pass, lock him and you made a 20 something hp katakan eat him with your unseen elder to keep him alive or risk eatiing him with an ekimara.

I saw quite smart move recently. When I was winning 20+ in second round a guy playing monsters against me used the King of Beggars who acquired 15 base strength. In third round he consumed the king and spawned a katakan of 19 power. So yeah, there are means of making this card useful.

Katakan is useless? That's probably my favorite card. You can shut down queensguard with him or gain a significant strength boost by consuming a bear you previously used. Far from useless.

Katakan is my best go to card 3rd round.. i love disrupting the opponent by eating the card hes been building on all along or disrupting his chain

Used all through the CB,and is a Staple card in my Monsters Deck now

I would say ghoul is better under this theory:
Ghoul can be pulled by other cards easier thinning your deck which means space for more cards in your hand with potentially the same outcome at katakan. Granted kat can choose but the advantage of not having to have ghoul in hand and a pull chance allows the difference to be made up by having a higher power card in my hand. like a Blood Curdling Roar and and Ekimmara chain. Chances differ depending on how you thin the deck. also if you use Monster Nest you dont really have to have it in the deck. Monster Nest spawns a necrophage, rgn on it spawning aren't terrible. lastly it's broze you can have 3. that is why its better but katakan, i think, should be played with ghoul regardless for an unstoppable consume. There's a lot of ways to run it but both are great cards for certain combos and chains not alone.

krswoodward;n8744430 said:
I would say ghoul is better under this theory:
Ghoul can be pulled by other cards easier thinning your deck which means space for more cards in your hand with potentially the same outcome at katakan. Granted kat can choose but the advantage of not having to have ghoul in hand and a pull chance allows the difference to be made up by having a higher power card in my hand. like a Blood Curdling Roar and and Ekimmara chain. Chances differ depending on how you thin the deck. also if you use Monster Nest you dont really have to have it in the deck. Monster Nest spawns a necrophage, rgn on it spawning aren't terrible. lastly it's broze you can have 3. that is why its better but katakan, i think, should be played with ghoul regardless for an unstoppable consume. There's a lot of ways to run it but both are great cards for certain combos and chains not alone.

Have fun playing ghouls along with harpies that flood your graveyard. The RNG is what makes them much worse than Katakan.

kaalev;n8744530 said:
Have fun playing ghouls along with harpies that flood your graveyard. The RNG is what makes them much worse than Katakan.

the point is to play high cards first round and no ghouls so second round they're played consecutive not flooding the GY just pulling and katakan backs up ghoul in the case there all shit pulls. from either GY.that way you can still have power 2nd round winning in 2.if you match 1st round play for play and weed your opponent for power then at the end slam him you have a higher RGN next round in his GY. Ive had no problem. sometimes unlucky draws but that's about it no flooding if played right

This is hilarious! Katakan is dope, but there is another silver card that you can use that buffs the highest ally by a grave unit iirc

EXO616;n8839590 said:
This is hilarious! Katakan is dope, but there is another silver card that you can use that buffs the highest ally by a grave unit iirc

Necromancy, I think that's the one you're thinking of

Top Bottom