+
La Cage au Fou bug, need urgent help

I can't hide in the closet, the things I already tried to do are:
  • Delete all my mods
  • Go back to the 1.31 GOTY patch instead of the Unification patch
  • Start the mission again
  • Reload the game a thousand times
  • Reset user and input settings
Nothing seems to help, last thing I could do is reinstall the game but don't see what difference that would make. Anybody else who had this problem before and what did you do?

Little side note: I cant interact with armor stands, weapon racks, paintings and trophy placements either in my house.

Have you tried to assign a new key to the current one? Like, you have to press E, change to another key. Happened something of the sort to me a few days back, I did this and it worked.

Rafaelbw;n8260260 said:
Have you tried to assign a new key to the current one? Like, you have to press E, change to another key. Happened something of the sort to me a few days back, I did this and it worked.

Tried it didn't work, think it's a issue with my PC because when I verify integrity of my game files it says there are no erros.
When I load my old NG where I never had problems with armor stands etc I can't interact with them either anymore.

So there must be something on my PC what blocks the interact button.

Well, if you have a joystick I would sugggest trying to use it just for this. If not, I would suggest starting a new game just to test, interacting at the very start with the note on the tree. If nothing works, I don't know, I would delete the files regarding user settings from your folder, but I believe you already done that.

By any chance, were you using something like Fast Travel from Anywhere? Such programs can allow players to skip flags during quests and result in things like this not triggering. If you haven't already, reload to a point before the quest appeared in your journal and play through again.

Can you give us an idea of the mods you used? Removing them does not remove any changes they may have made to your game's save-state while they were still installed.

SigilFey;n8292360 said:
By any chance, were you using something like Fast Travel from Anywhere? Such programs can allow players to skip flags during quests and result in things like this not triggering. If you haven't already, reload to a point before the quest appeared in your journal and play through again.

Can you give us an idea of the mods you used? Removing them does not remove any changes they may have made to your game's save-state while they were still installed.

No didn't use that mod here is a picture of the mods I use: https://gyazo.com/28f0d547bf1a59fa3949c99737f8926d
There is one mod that causes the bug because I just reinstalled the game and I could interact, I'm now figuring out which mod caused the issue so I can remove it.

I also use a reshade btw.

Heh...I have no idea what half of those are. If you can nail the culprit down, put it's head on a spike and mount that on the walls of the thread here. Other players may benefit from the warning. (Then be sure to give the mod author a head's up [...terrible pun...] as I'm sure it's not an intentional thing.)

SigilFey;n8292820 said:
Heh...I have no idea what half of those are. If you can nail the culprit down, put it's head on a spike and mount that on the walls of the thread here. Other players may benefit from the warning. (Then be sure to give the mod author a head's up [...terrible pun...] as I'm sure it's not an intentional thing.)

A few that you have no idea about are: Kaer Morhen retexture, some mods needed for Random Encounters, Wolf swords e3 retexture, AMM retextures.
Still doing my testings I'll of course let everybody know what causes the issue :)

SigilFey;n8292820 said:

For some reason did the issue not happen again, after I reinstalled all my mods one by one so don't know what caused it in the end :(

Djeetje;n8328920 said:
For some reason did the issue not happen again, after I reinstalled all my mods one by one so don't know what caused it in the end :(

That is probably your (indirect) answer right there. Random mod conflict. I would say: gift horse. Look at its teeth if it drops dead. If not: good horse.

Top Bottom