Larger projects in the REDkit

+
Larger projects in the REDkit

Hello!

I basically have an idea for a full-world mod in REDkit but the scope of it all is fairly large and would take a ton of time to complete with only one person, it would sure be doable but my question is; is it possible to be several people editing the same level in the redkit? How would one go about it if a large project were to be organized in the REDkit? Any tips or knowledge would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks in advance (Also to CDPR for the fantastic tool :) )

Hello,
you could try to create an entity template out of your meshes, static meshes an so on and then copy it later in a new world. This works for me as long I am not integrating an entity template into my new own entity template, or maybe it is only restricted to animated conted (By entity templates or animated content i mean ladders,doors etc). But the restrictions of this method are quite a few. Also I dont know if it's possible to copy the tiles o f aworld file into an entity template. But I think it works quite well with underground teritorries, because almost everthing is build out of meshes etc.
So you can create some content in one world an then use it in an other.
Never tried, but could be possible to load entity templates by other modders an then paste them into your world (I just did this with my own stuff). And if you want to change the entity template you must edit the entity template of the other modder, wich could be more complicated because you have to do this in the entity template of the other modder and not in your world. But this can also be some times better than building in the world level, because you can order your meshes in the entity template windwow much easier. You can order them into groups and I think this is clearer than the list of stuff you get in xour world layer file.
The big advantage I see in this is you can eliminate much of the time consuming decoration process, because, you just have to build the interior of a buuldung once an not twice and if you want to change something you have just to make a copy of the entity template and change the copy.
Last but not least do the create entity template tab(?) does not work at least for me. Red Kit crushes if I try to use it, so you must copy your layer or grouping and then paste it into the grey window of the entity template editor.
Was this clear enough?
Best regards
Nemo

Hi! It's possible to work in co-op in Redkit. You only need to send layers files to the other people from team. My advice is to create world mesh with a big amount od tiles, so it'll be easier to edit terrain mesh by few people. (For eg. My world has 25 tiles ( 5x5), because it's really big: 3000x3000)

Ok, now I have a question.
Isn't the problem stil, that it could be problematic if one changes some files in a layer and the other person also changes something in the same layer. Would it not cause problems?. Could it be possible to solve this problem, if every change gets his own new layer.? After the changes are accepeted by both persons, who worked on the layer, it would be possible to merge the layers.....? But is there a more comfortable way to solve this problem ?
Thanks @ Stolarro94 for the answer
Best regards
Nemo

Really, I don't know is it possible, to work in co-op on the same layer in the same time. But I think it's impossible. You need to decide in your team, who is woriking on which layers.

Top Bottom