Leaderboards exploitation on the Arena mode on steam.

+
Soo basically I was on my way to start a fresh run on the Witcher 3 but before doing that, I decided to replay the first and second games just to get a bit of a refresh on the story. Anyway, when I finished Witcher 2 I wanted to try the arena mode as I was curious to see where I was gonna be placed on steam leaderboards. So I got all excited about it and I managed to defeat about 4-5 waves iirc on dark difficulty and I accumulated about 6535 points. My score was uploaded to steam's leaderboards and I immediately went there to check.

I was a bit frustrated when I saw "Global rank: #11586" below the score so I decided to check on the Global Leaderboards and see what some of the highest scores were and hopefully try to climb up the ranks a bit. To my disappointment this is what I was greeted with when I clicked the button:

1591372937563.png

To be honest, I wasn't really surprised seeing that this is a single player game and everything is stored locally. But this thing above looks absolutely horrible. I found the leaderboards of this game to be a great mechanic of showing off your skills in combat in an indirect way and seeing so many players exploit it, grinds my gears.

I'm assuming that there's nothing that can be done about it so it is what it is. But what do you guys think of it? Do you play the arena mode? Do you care about the leaderboards?

P.S: I'm not sure if this is the correct category for this kind of post, also I have marked out the usernames/avatars of those players above as we don't really need any unnecessary witch hunts. I'm not expecting any kind of action against it and I mostly wanted to see how many people were aware or care about that.

Top Bottom