Letho: Kingslayer

+
I wanted to use this card since I was given it early on in a keg. After some tinkering I've pretty much settled on this list.
Emhyr as leader
Stefan, Vilgefortz, Dandelion Poet, Kingslayer
Peter, Vreemde, Vanhemar, Glorious hunt, Treason, Nilfgaardian gate
Standard bearer x2, Alba x2, Sentry x2, Slave infantry x3, Recruit x3, Vicovaro novice x2, Ointment x2

Targets for Emhyr are Peter, Vreemde and Sentry, or Vanhemar if weather is an issue.
Ointments for slave infantry and recruits if I need to pull something.
I feel like the three tactics give good value and flexibility to Letho, especially after a Stefan and Vilgefortz combo. This deck seems to excel in long rounds, reaching some very high totals. The only thing I'm considering changing at the moment is Jan for Emhyr, and Decoy or Joachim for Vanhemar.
I feel like the overall choice of tactics is pretty poor in comparison to spells, items and alchemy but hey I'm winning and having fun with this deck so I cant complain.

Last edited:
I use him in my overthinning Spy deck

Emhyr

Letho: Kingslayer
Vilgefortz
Rainfarn
Geralt: Igni

Decoy
NG Gate
Ceallach (Officer)
Joachim De Wett (Officer)
Assire Var Anahid
Cantarella

3x Impera Enforcers
3x Impera Brigades
3x Emissaries
3X Vicovaro Medic
2x Rot Tossers
1x Assassin

Basically it's a removal heavy deck, since it's designed to be able to spawn at least 2 or 3 assassins and having access to at least one of them as early as possible. If you have Vicovaros, you can just keep resurrecting the assassins and let nothing live on the board for more than a turn. Since Emhyr into Ceallach and Decoy into Ceallach are meant to be used to spawn something other than Emissaries (the sheer amount of thinners means that even Assire shuffling back 2 brigades can lead to you still having access to your entire deck. More importantly, she can shuffle back a tactics card for Letho in case you got both in your hand)

I've been trying to make Letho work forever but if you are not taking Infiltrators, then honestly this is the absolute best use of this card that I can think of. I've tried him in Soldier, Reveal, and Alchemy (pre commander's horn nerf)

As for the Rot Tossers over Infiltrators and Menno argument, it is in my opinion simple: Rot Tossers give your opponent an extra worry. If you play one and then an enforcer to shoot a spy, you've misaligned your brigades, enabled your vicos and forced the opponent at a dilemma. Does he kill your enforcer and sacrifice his units to the cow carcass? or does he take care of the carcass allowing you more uses out of the enforcer? In most matchups you won't get a better target for Menno than Cantarella, and usually you want to align that for a geralt: Igni (There's just SO many opponents that have STR 11 units, like bears, boosted Vrihedd Officers, Vrihedd Sappers, Fiends, etc.)

In case your vicos are enabled anyways and they just played a weak unit at the rot tosser's row you can instead play the enforcer and shoot that to kill it or align it, forcing them at the same dilemma.

Top Bottom